Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I did hear that a couple of the womens teams have been low on numbers - ie having players poached by other teams.
Clarence womens lost a whole heap to Brighton, one other team lost a fair chunk to SE Suns. Saw on the book of faces Hobart had this big thing on there trying to get players.
Brighton'll have more chicks than blokes playing out there this year lol.
There were two full forwards that quit SFL and hopped over to the state league in the mens comp over summer, Mick Paul from Huonville went to Kingston I think, and Sammy Reeves quit Hobart and went to the Pies. Marty Allison left Claremont and went to North Hobart.
Possibly others

Benchnikov

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I did hear that a couple of the womens teams have been low on numbers - ie having players poached by other teams.
Clarence womens lost a whole heap to Brighton, one other team lost a fair chunk to SE Suns. Saw on the book of faces Hobart had this big thing on there trying to get players.
Brighton'll have more chicks than blokes playing out there this year lol.
There were two full forwards that quit SFL and hopped over to the state league in the mens comp over summer, Mick Paul from Huonville went to Kingston I think, and Sammy Reeves quit Hobart and went to the Pies. Marty Allison left Claremont and went to North Hobart.
Possibly others
Allison has returned back to Claremont per the mercury newspaper. Article also mentioned Darley struggling to get a transfer from his mainland club. He was signed to coach over there I think.
Speedster Jordan Roberts has also returned to Clarence from Lindisfarne and could potentially get back to his best form when he was the best running defender in the league

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Allison has returned back to Claremont per the mercury newspaper. Article also mentioned Darley struggling to get a transfer from his mainland club. He was signed to coach over there I think.
Speedster Jordan Roberts has also returned to Clarence from Lindisfarne and could potentially get back to his best form when he was the best running defender in the league
Yes saw on facebook he'd gone back to the Mont.
Funny you say that 'cos I remember when Darley was first signed on to play with North that some of the players from the club he'd signed to coach interstate were ripping him to shreds on facebook about it.
Not surprised they haven't cleared him.
Read on there that NH faced the Launnie Blues up at Windsor and went down by 103 points.
Kingston played the Tassie Devils down at the cemetery and it was a draw. 46 each.
Lauderdale and Clarence played down Lauderdale Saturday in three games, saw Clarence won one of them by about 50 points, dunno about the other two.
North Launnie and Glenorchy played at Campbell Town which looks like it hasn't seen a drop of rain this side of Christmas.
Not sure who won there.
Any other practices matches?

Last edited:

Benchnikov

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes saw on facebook he'd gone back to the Mont.
Funny you say that 'cos I remember when Darley was first signed on to play with North that some of the players from the club he'd signed to coach interstate were ripping him to shreds on facebook about it.
Not surprised they haven't cleared him.
Read on there that NH faced the Launnie Blues up at Windsor and went down by 103 points.
Kingston played the Tassie Devils down at the cemetery and it was a draw. 46 each.
Lauderdale and Clarence played down Lauderdale Saturday in three games, saw Clarence won one of them by about 50 points, dunno about the other two.
North Launnie and Glenorchy played at Campbell Town which looks like it hasn't seen a drop of rain this side of Christmas.
Not sure who won there.
Any other practices matches?

Yes looking like another long year for the North Hobart young fellas if they are going down by that much to a Launceston side that has supposedly lost a lot of quality over summer

buffalo soldier

Debutant
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes looking like another long year for the North Hobart young fellas if they are going down by that much to a Launceston side that has supposedly lost a lot of quality over summer
What a crock of s**t mate. Played a dev league side with a couple of A graders for a half. They will have the best two footballers to play here for years with GARLAND and DARLEY. Also they will have the creme of the Devils for the last three games. Teams to miss the finals this year, Tigers and Clarence. Three post ever on this forum and you have your spurs into NHFC. WTF.

Benchnikov

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
What a crock of s**t mate. Played a dev league side with a couple of A graders for a half. They will have the best two footballers to play here for years with GARLAND and DARLEY. Also they will have the creme of the Devils for the last three games. Teams to miss the finals this year, Tigers and Clarence. Three post ever on this forum and you have your spurs into NHFC. WTF.
I apologise for rubbing you the wrong way Cobba. I was unaware of the quality that the sides put out on the park Saturday so I apologise for assuming both sides played full strength. Nothing against NHFC have just stated what I have read and watched in the media. I still think they will miss the 5 but would love to see them win a few more games

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline

Seriously. Having a crack at someone for having 3 posts in a 2 week period, from a guy with 45 in 5 YEARS? If you want to lay into someone, find a better reason than that BS.

And at face value, his post was potentially valid. Maybe he didn't know the strength of the NH side on the park. And you could make a big argument that Thorp and Lonergan are every bit the footballers Darley will be at this level.

All your post does is make you come off as a Demons homer snowflake.

edit: post above proves my point about taking it at face value

Benchnikov

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seriously. Having a crack at someone for having 3 posts in a 2 week period, from a guy with 45 in 5 YEARS? If you want to lay into someone, find a better reason than that BS.

And at face value, his post was potentially valid. Maybe he didn't know the strength of the NH side on the park. And you could make a big argument that Thorp and Lonergan are every bit the footballers Darley will be at this level.

All your post does is make you come off as a Demons homer snowflake.

edit: post above proves my point about taking it at face value
Exactly mate. Next time I will ask first if others know if both sides were full strength to avoid the confusion. One should not assume. Although with Darley and Garland mentioned it makes you wonder whether they are in NHFC plans for potentially one of them to move into the pilot seat in the next few years given the playing and coaching experience they both have at higher levels?

buffalo soldier

Debutant
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is Darley playing?

Who are the 4 interstate recruits for Lauderdale?
In the interests of accuracy Clarence that night played Cox Jones Holmes and Bailey. The only player of note missing was their coach. Ozeguy I promise to post more often.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Darley playing?

Who are the 4 interstate recruits for Lauderdale?

It seems each year Lauderdale are getting more interstaters & less Lauderdalers! It must be costing them a fortune. Last years NT lads wouldn't have been cheap. They really want a flag. Don't blame them I suppose. Just not good for their locals to miss out.
Start next week. Prac matches dont mean much. Even so one would expect NL & lauderdale to start favorites for the GF. Launy lost a lot but had lots of depth. Will depend on whether coach Thorpe can get them on song. Looks like NH & Kingston will improve. How much is unknown as yet. Not sure which way Clarence will go. I understand they lost the battle for Aiden Grace, back from Geelong. Glenorchy should improve. Lot to like about their coach & seems they picked up some quality recruits for their centenary year,

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
It seems each year Lauderdale are getting more interstaters & less Lauderdalers! It must be costing them a fortune. Last years NT lads wouldn't have been cheap. They really want a flag. Don't blame them I suppose. Just not good for their locals to miss out.
Start next week. Prac matches dont mean much. Even so one would expect NL & lauderdale to start favorites for the GF. Launy lost a lot but had lots of depth. Will depend on whether coach Thorpe can get them on song. Looks like NH & Kingston will improve. How much is unknown as yet. Not sure which way Clarence will go. I understand they lost the battle for Aiden Grace, back from Geelong. Glenorchy should improve. Lot to like about their coach & seems they picked up some quality recruits for their centenary year,

Off to a good start ripping Lauderdale already old boy 🤭

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Who are the newbies HTH? And who of the juniors do you think will step up this year?

There is 3 new fellas from interstate plus Keriniaua returning, A bloke from Smithton and Sam Siggins.

Oscar Shaw would be the pick of the juniors for mine although not sure how much he will play given the full time U/18s this year.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Who are the newbies HTH? And who of the juniors do you think will step up this year?

Depth will probably be their biggest issue again, Shaw, Anderson, Baker and M Mcguiness probably missing most of the year in the Devils.

Glenorchy, Lauderdale and North Launceston to be a fair way ahead of the rest this year I reckon.

Back