Sack Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on now....were still rebuilding

Bruh...

Hard to expect a side that has hoofed the ball up forward for five years to start hitting targets inside 50 all of a sudden just because we’ve got some tall timber. Give it to about round 8 before we judge whether we’re still playing dumb footy.

You posted this on Tuesday lol

You have bipolar or something?

We were terrible today but surely overreacting to preseason results has reached the point of being cliched by now?

Oh but it wasn't the result, it was the way we played.

Again, wtf does this cliche even mean? Has a team with a poor preseason result ever actually played well during the game? Did the eagles play well against us last year yet somehow get flogged despite their good play?

I'm far from convinced Lyon is the man to take us forward but I'll give it a few weeks of real footy before I swing the sword.

Yeah, I'll wait til the first month is done, but I'm quite sure I'll be saying the same thing I have said for the last couple of years. I don't like what i'm seeing.

We were terrible today but surely overreacting to preseason results has reached the point of being cliched by now?

Again, wtf does this cliche even mean? Has a team with a poor preseason result ever actually played well during the game? Did the eagles play well against us last year yet somehow get flogged despite their good play?

I'm far from convinced Lyon is the man to take us forward but I'll give it a few weeks of real footy before I swing the sword.

Naaah, sorry but that's crap.

We have played 2 preseason games - against Collingwood and the scum. We had an extra 4 weeks of preseason over both of those teams because they started late due the the Grand Final. We were competitive for around 1 quarter in each game and then two sides with less of a preseason walked all over us after we ran out of legs.

We have significantly poorer skills than most of the teams we play against and we are generally much poorer organised, particularly after all the rule changes. Lyon has demonstrated that he is not up to the job of building a side that can compete against sides with better skills. It is a clear failing on his part and one that he refuses to recognise or adress.

I'm with the OP. He isn't up to the task and for that matter neither is the rest of the coaching panel. It is well past time the club recognised what has been evident for some time.

Nothing has changed in..... 3? Years now? Move him on at the end of the year. He's been good for us but we need to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the minimum you’d need to see in those few weeks for you to be convinced?

What would it take for you to swing the sword?

What’s the minimum you’d need to see in those few weeks for you to be convinced?

Three very win-able games first up. If we are less than 2 wins after the derby and theres more than one 50+ point loss then it's already question time.

On paper our first three looks about as easy a block as you could hope for in the AFL.

It's hard to make blanket statements before seeing how the games unfold, but I'd want to be at least 2-2 after R4. 0-4 I'd have no faith left I imagine.

I've been off Ross for a year or so now but I think he'll probably see out this season at least. The midfield/forward/ruck lines need time to gel (although worrying our only stable line in the defence might actually be our worst performing atm). We should (hopefully) win our first three games which will gee up the club and with confidence, who knows?

I just hope the skill level improves. Regardless of whether it's Ross or someone else we aren't winning anything when half the team can't kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back