Preview JLT 2: Fremantle vs West Coast. Sunday 4:10pm @ Rushton Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll wait to fully melt (I still think we'll win at least 2/3 of our first 3) but a lot of very worrying signs. Half the team are poor kicks, the midfield (unsurprisingly mind you) is too young/unskilled and the defence is terribly, terribly out of form. The rule changes have made the centre clearances incredibly important and our ruck/midfield is probably the worst it's been in years. I'm not sure much of this will change when we hit the season proper.

Hogan and Brayshaw were great though. Despite it all I just really, really hope we start well with our 'easy' first 3. Confidence can do wonders.
Hogan must be watching the Dees takes format year thinking "what have I done" I have given up a premiership and a norm smith

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wasn't a fan of the Matera trade at the time, and he's done nothing to change my mind. A small forward needs to be opportunistic when the time comes and he butchers so many involvements.

Unfortunately the Colyer trade is looking similar, if not worse.

We going to miss Sandilands badly. Darcy not a candle yet. Could you imagine what Sandilands would have done to Hickey and Vardy.

Tucker got overwhelmed after a good start. Mundy didn’t get out of 2nd gear, I hope he’s still got it. Brayshaw was our best midfielder.

The midfield got smashed.

Hughes was good.

Matera was worse than Ballantyne. Much worse. Banfield our best small forward. Scary really. Need Swit and Schultz to come on fast.

Cox was looking great. God our fitness staff are rubbish. Cox was hurt last week. Should never have played this week.
I love the “sack the fitness staff” comments. Makes me giggle. I’m sure if Cox didn’t hurt his hand last week, he certainly wouldn’t have done a hammy today. Hahaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand why Cerra wasn't used in the middle more. We clearly got destroyed on the centre clearances and should have tried other alternatives such as Cerra and Conca. Also, Walters lacks defensive accountability making him useless in the middle. He's better off replacing either Matera or Ballas in the forward and adding class to a pretty stagnant forward line.

The main thing I took out of this game is we look very one paced as a team Eagles have some real line breaking speedsters. Even Cerra who looks good with ball in hand looks pretty slow. The couple of guys with speed in our team have poor skill by foot.
Our ball use by hand is pathetic......how many handballs missed the mark? Lobb looks like our best ruck. I thought Darcy was poor even Jones showed more in his limited game time.

I'm not normally a pessimist with Freo but I feel like I have turned a blind eye for too long regarding the rotten support staff, skills, and team structure. We do well for the first quarter, hiding poor skills with immense pressure, but as soon as the opposition begins to mount that pressure back onto us or our players tire, everything goes to ****. It's like a bloody rotten shed, kick in the door and the whole thing collapses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back