The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

youbeautfyfe

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
What a joke franchise. Once again NYK trying to take the shortcut through FA. Actually thought they were heading in the right direction for once... obviously not.

How many times have the Knicks done this, seriously? And all they have to show for it is Marbury and Amare.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
What a joke franchise. Once again NYK trying to take the shortcut through FA. Actually thought they were heading in the right direction for once... obviously not.

How many times have the Knicks done this, seriously? And all they have to show for it is Marbury and Amare.

I love my Amare jersey thank you very much.

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK

KP requested to be traded. What do you want them to do?
The plan was always to get a max FA and now they can get 2 possibly.

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
Why didn't they shop him around for more than 30 mins?

That's all i want to know.
Apparently they have been talking with teams for the last couple months and as soon as KP said he wasn't happy and made it clear he might walk at the end of his contract they went to New Orleans, they said no and then they went to Dallas who they had been talking with.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
So when I think of how good Porzingis actually is and try to compare his situation to somebody from the past, I keep coming back to Alonzo Mourning.

Drafted the same year as Shaq, with Shaq being KAT these days obviously.

Mourning came out and averaged 20/10 pretty much as Kristaps has.

Alonzo was a 7 time All Star, just as Kristaps will be.

Was Mourning a force like Shaq was? Nope.

Mourning then came out and demanded a trade and I suppose the Hornets got back what they could for him.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
That was one of the most elite melts Ive ever seen.

I rate Smith Jnr a lot higher than other Mavs fans. He can be a slow decision maker, and struggles to make reads in pick and rolls. But when going downhill, he's very good. Doesn't finish in crowds, but can light up dudes one on one. His defense has improved a lot, and so has his spot up shooting.

Matthews is a very streak shooter. He can get unbelievably hot. But he Kobe's too often and should never dribble. He's a physical defender, but can't keep quick guards in front of him.

Jordan is on the decline. The numbers look ok, but his activity on defense his poor. He will hustle after rebounds, but simply doesn't contest shots. He has missed a lot of dunks this year because his spring is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
peternorth May we please have the thread renamed? Happy for suggestions. Something along the lines of Kristaps being a rat sounds nice :thumbsu:

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
We are bad but I enjoy our youth. Robinson and smith jr good, Knox shows promise.

Robinson is better than good. All advanced stats say he's exceptional on the defensive end and he passes the eye test to boot.

Smith Jr seems to be better than average, but he won't amount to much. I'd be surprised if DSJ sticks around if we manage to grab a max contract calibre starting PG through FA.

Knox is worrisome as he does a few nice things, but the team is far worse off with him on the floor. Might be the fact he's young and not ready to play a lead role on pacing the offense of an NBA team yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back