Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like you, 35 Daicos, Kappa boast a higher ratio of likes to posts. Obviously his views are appreciated by a significant number of posters. Tyler Brown is only in his second year and with his skinny frame he probably needs at least another season and pre season to develop a body capable of competing at AFL level. My viewing of last week's game at the pub was interrupted for lengthy periods of time by staff incompetence and disinterest in our viewing experience, with a quiz night taking precedence over football. Hopefully tomorrow offers greater opportunity to watch Tyler and others in action.

Don't see much of Thatsgold on the board anymore. I miss the trio of penguins.
I suspect Kappa must post quite often on another board (one where his 'style' is appreciated more), and that's where the majority of those 'likes' come from!!

As for TG, in a strange way I lament the fact that we don't see much of him these days!

Interesting responses to Tyler Brown.

Gets a bit of a push from the club, a little praise or a little encouragement. All for a young player.

Cue from some: let’s find ways to slap him around a bit.

Haven't seen anything of TG for years - blocked the p*g for reasons which those poor benighted mods who put up with our thread derailing arguments are well acquainted with.

For some it's all about them and that's all I will say on the matter.

It's incredibly negative to post someone's stats now :drunk:
Only if you cherry pick bad stats and leave out the positive ones. You know, like the 4 clearances, 4 score involvements and the great goal he kicked.

Oh wait, that’s what you did....

Raw potential to be Fyfe or a good ordinary player and just about anything in between at the moment, still a long way off but has shown some good signs.
That's about where he's at this stage. I jumped into the front seat of Callum Brown's bandwagon early last year, only to find that the vehicle ran out of puff, and we all leaped off and clambered aboard Sier's more seasoned wagon instead.

I am not negative about Tyler as he comes from great stock and has height and skill advantages over his brother. I feel that SV is a bit harsh with his 'slap him about' comments. It's interesting to hear that Tyler is likened to Nat Fyfe, but I don't think we need to swallow the dream just yet.

So in all Tyler had 9 disposals, 4 clearances, 4 score involvements, 4 clangers and a goal. He has a whole season ahead of him to show us his worth. I loved his dad and sincerely hope that both his sons make the grade.

Interesting responses to Tyler Brown.

Gets a bit of a push from the club, a little praise or a little encouragement. All for a young player.

Cue from some: let’s find ways to slap him around a bit.

Going on Performance they are Overhyping hm a Bit

Going on Performance they are Overhyping hm a Bit
Now that I’m reading the article, I take it that they said he has some aspects of the type of game Fyfe has, not that he’s Fyfe or going to be.

But hyperbole and footy and media and supporters and social media all are peas in a pod.

Now that I’m reading the article, I take it that they said he has some aspects of the type of game Fyfe has, not that he’s Fyfe or going to be.

But hyperbole and footy and media and supporters and social media all are peas in a pod.
FFS SV, much as I love you dearly, we can't eternally circle jerk together on BF, mutually climaxing over every scrawny recruit that gets a kick or goal in the season's first or second practice match. Without a bit of friction (none of which is outrageously unreasonable in this thread), this forum would be deadly dull. I quite enjoy the parry and thrust, Kappa claiming dour stats then Apex pointing out those he'd missed etc etc. It's called 'discussion' and it's more interesting if we all agree to potentially disagree with each other within acceptable limits. :)

FFS SV, much as I love you dearly, we can't eternally circle jerk together on BF, mutually climaxing over every scrawny recruit that gets a kick or goal in the season's first or second practice match. Without a bit of friction (none of which is outrageously unreasonable in this thread), this forum would be deadly dull. I quite enjoy the parry and thrust, Kappa claiming dour stats then Apex pointing out those he'd missed etc etc. It's called 'discussion' and it's more interesting if we all agree to potentially disagree with each other within acceptable limits. :)
You’re right all but on everything (well except about being in a circle; on that I’ll pass).
That said, you’re right.
Tyler Brown IS Nat Fyfe.
His fame will last at least as long as his presidential (John Tyler*) namesake’s living grand children go.

* John Tyler the 10th US President (1841 - 1845).

** two of his grandchildren are still alive!!!!

You’re right all but on everything (well except about being in a circle; on that I’ll pass).
That said, you’re right.
Tyler Brown IS Nat Fyfe.
His fame will last at least as long as his presidential (John Tyler*) namesake’s living grand children go.

Now that is good stock!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually quite excited by him, its a very positive sign that he's still in the side for JLT2. Doubt he debuts before round 5 though.
I don’t really think he’ll be in any serious consideration until the second half of the year, and even then it would only be due to injuries.

Being in JLT2 over the likes of Daicos and Wills though, shows the coaches rate him. They clearly want to give him as much senior exposure as possible to try and kickstart his development through the guts in the VFL this year.

As I mentioned on page 1, I see a lot of upside, and it's just starting to finally peak through. But it needs to continue, and he needs to eat 3 steaks a night this year or whatever the hell Gavin did.

Someone stupidly mentioned Fyfe but this kid will crazily have something to offer if he had that same build.

I don’t really think he’ll be in any serious consideration until the second half of the year, and even then it would only be due to injuries.

Being in JLT2 over the likes of Daicos and Wills though, shows the coaches rate him. They clearly want to give him as much senior exposure as possible to try and kickstart his development through the guts in the VFL this year.
Being in the JLT2 over Wills and Daicos is good for Tyler but none too promising for the football futures of the latter two, with Crocker and C Brown also preferred ahead of them.

Being in the JLT2 over Wills and Daicos is good for Tyler but none too promising for the football futures of the latter two, with Crocker and C Brown also preferred ahead of them.
I wouldn’t be reading too much in to those selections.

His style is Similar to Fyfe especially now he has gone into the Midfield. Be Great he be as good as Fyfe but I not been building up expectations for him that far......YET;)

I wouldn’t be reading too much in to those selections.
I am not reading much more into these selections than I am that of Sier in the VFL.
His style is Similar to Fyfe especially now he has gone into the Midfield. Be Great he be as good as Fyfe but I not been building up expectations for him that far......YET;)
Could you please describe the similarities between the two players, Dave?

Tall and Long Bodies for Midfielder and Tyler could grow into his Body like his old man Gavin Did

Tall and Long Bodies for Midfielder and Tyler could grow into his Body like his old man Gavin Did
I see so many similarities between the two it's quite uncanny. At this stage Fyfe is still ahead on the count of experience (and that Brownlow win, of course), but by the time their careers are over I expect they will have records that are pretty evenly matched.

This forum is not working well because among other things it won't let me quote a poster in a reply.

Anyway, it seems that apart from Fyfe's Brownlow medal, his 153 games and 132 goals, as well as a significant age difference, that he and Tyler are to all intensive purposes, like twins, albeit from different wombs, in almost every other respect!
It's unusual to find doppelgängers who are completely different in every way, but in this case, we clearly have.

That said, you’re right.
Tyler Brown IS Nat Fyfe.

Somehow l don’t think his grandchildren are still alive, they be what 150yrs old plus, maybe great, great grandchildren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back