Sack Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, I was actually wondering if a coach would ever be sacked during the pre-season.

Can remember it happening at North Melbourne. Schimmelbusch got sacked after losing to Adelaide by 147 points in a pre-season game and Pagan took over before the start of the 1993 season. Not sure if its happened since then.

Our assistant coaches stink as well, and have for a long time. Even if we win the first three but the skills or game plan don’t change, it’s just papering over the cracks. If you turf Ross, who would you prefer to see next head coach? Longmuir? Caracella? Roos?

Ha ha, I was actually wondering if a coach would ever be sacked during the pre-season.
Wayne Schimmilbusch 1993.
I didn't take much notice last year in the pre season when you flogged us and ditto this year, good luck for the season proper and hopefully we repeat the dose when it counts.:D

We were terrible today but surely overreacting to preseason results has reached the point of being cliched by now?

Oh but it wasn't the result, it was the way we played.

Again, wtf does this cliche even mean? Has a team with a poor preseason result ever actually played well during the game? Did the eagles play well against us last year yet somehow get flogged despite their good play?

I'm far from convinced Lyon is the man to take us forward but I'll give it a few weeks of real footy before I swing the sword.

I keep looking for any sign of improvement. Apart from some individual stuff we’re getting nothing.

No sign of any system, no sign of improved skills, no improvement in ball movement, hardly any players are improving.

Cox? Brayshaw? Our injuries mounted by 4 just today with only one of them an impact injury.

Players played out of position. No connection between forwards and midfielders. Back men who couldn’t give a s**t...

Horrid...Lyon’s as stale as a week old bottle of piss

We have Hogan and Lobb.

Half the game they were in the ******* center square...while Cerra is running around the forward line...

Sturt is brought in as a smart goal kicking forward...let’s play him off half back...

I like many on here have advocated change, the game has changed and the Boss is Lost. Freo have not done
enough off the field, and I don't see it ever being enough to win our first flag.
The same crap was pulled on Harvey, we promoted Scott and let Mark stand alone when he wasn't the brains of the
outfit.
Sure Ross doesn't like to share, a forced change is required like at other clubs, a proper brains trust on modern footy
tactics, training, fitness, recovery, should of happened this year but as usual we are dragging the chain.

Our assistant coaches stink as well, and have for a long time. Even if we win the first three but the skills or game plan don’t change, it’s just papering over the cracks. If you turf Ross, who would you prefer to see next head coach? Longmuir? Caracella? Roos?

I'd take any of those three. Maybe Roos with Longmuir as his assistant to transition into thr job as head coach.

It's definitely not just Ross it's also assistants and the S and C team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like many on here have advocated change, the game has changed and the Boss is Lost. Freo have not done
enough off the field, and I don't see it ever being enough to win our first flag.
The same crap was pulled on Harvey, we promoted Scott and let Mark stand alone when he wasn't the brains of the
outfit.
Sure Ross doesn't like to share, a forced change is required like at other clubs, a proper brains trust on modern footy
tactics, training, fitness, recovery, should of happened this year but as usual we are dragging the chain.

It’ll be interesting how the new assistant coaches at the Saints works out for them. It worked at the Tigers and the Pies, if it works at the Saints it could work for us. I doubt it now though. Ross is too dogmatic.

Why the **** would you take a natural forward in Sturt and move him to HBF to develop him into a mid?

Fyfe was a natural forward who started forward and moved to the mids. Ross has some major flaws in his attitude towards skill development and youth development.

Well every man and his dog outside of Fremantle said that he can’t develop. It’s looking very much like they were right.

It's a fair thread, because as it stands at the moment he's a dead man walking.

Still, with Norf, the Suns and St Kilda in the first 3 weeks it won't take much to be in a half decent position early in the year.

I honestly don’t care if we win all 3.

If we’re still playing that s**t brand of chaos footy what’s the point?

I honestly don’t care if we win all 3.

If we’re still playing that s**t brand of chaos footy what’s the point?

Well, winning. It's better than losing, even if playing rubbish footy.

We're still a pretty inexperienced side, and I wouldn't be too concerned about Lyon getting a contract extension if we're still getting belted by good sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back