Sack Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Players played out of position. No connection between forwards and midfielders. Back men who couldn’t give a s**t...

We have Hogan and Lobb.

Half the game they were in the ******* center square...while Cerra is running around the forward line...

Sounds like the epitome of a pre season to me
Keep the powder dry
I mean it's been bloody obvious for years the guy is flawed but it's the JLT, it means s**t.

I'm starting to think he can only coach mature strong bodied players, and well, the drafting and recruiting hasn't really tailored to this.

Starting??

I've been thinking that for years. His idea always has been to out-tackle and generally out-effort the opposition. Always about working harder rather than smarter. It wears players out.

We have significantly poorer skills than most of the teams we play against and we are generally much poorer organised, particularly after all the rule changes. Lyon has demonstrated that he is not up to the job of building a side that can compete against sides with better skills. It is a clear failing on his part and one that he refuses to recognise or adress.

Ross thinks you can't teach skills, once they arrive you can only teach the gameplan and effort.

Sometimes i think he is living on another planet to the rest of us.

Going on stats, Freo got monstered today in the midfield (similar to last week against Collingwood).
Not so much in the first half, but certainly in the second.
With Neale gone, Fyfe & Blakely out, RTB needed players who can win a contested possession in the middle. If you can't understand why Walters or Hogan spent time in the middle instead of a light weighted 19 year old Cerra then I'm not surprised you are here yelling sack the coach.
Freo and Lyon have had a shocking run with injuries for several years now.
When Freo fields a team of youth, they generally get touched up, especially in the latter quarters.

So, with key players out, against Collingwood, last years runner up premiers, Freo were in the game until less than 10 minutes remaining.
Against West Coast, the premiers, again with key players out, Freo were in the game at half time.
If your coaching and game plans are that bad, why would Freo be competitive with the best teams in the competition until late in the game?

Sometimes, if you can put emotions aside and take a more objective look, you can find reasonable explanations for losses.
Maybe another coach may do better than RTB, but I could view that option more favourably if I saw haters giving good valid reasons for their criticisms, instead of just bringing out the torches and pitch forks every time Freo supporters are dealing with the emotions of a Freo loss.

Ross thinks you can't teach skills, once they arrive you can only teach the gameplan and effort.

That's the prevailing coaching opinion in the AFL, not a Ross Lyon specific one.

That the skills the players walk in with are what you have to work with as you add fitness, strength, positioning, patterns etc.

Similarly in cricket. You can teach technique but if they can't pick up the line and length out of the hand then they won't be learning that in the time you have with them.

If your coaching and game plans are that bad, why would Freo be competitive with the best teams in the competition until late in the game?
Why? Because I don’t think the Eagles tried in the first half TBH. The quicker we get rid of this imposter, the better

I've heard him he doesn't train skills. Clarkson does and he hasn't beaten Hawthorn since??? I can't even remember when we beat Hawthorn. Simpson came to scum and made a point of concentrating on skills and we haven't beaten the scum in something like 5 or 6 years I think. I can't remember the last in season Derby we won.

He talks about having flexibility with his players yet he himself is totally inflexible. He talks the talk and completely fails to actually walk the walk.

Its time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the prevailing coaching opinion in the AFL, not a Ross Lyon specific one.

That the skills the players walk in with are what you have to work with as you add fitness, strength, positioning, patterns etc.

Similarly in cricket. You can teach technique but if they can't pick up the line and length out of the hand then they won't be learning that in the time you have with them.

There has to be a reason why we've been less skilled than much of the league the entire time Ross has been here though right? Either you actually can teach skills and everyone else is doing a better job or Ross just plays a game-plan that hinders everyone's overall skill level. Either way it's gotta change if we're ever going to compete with the better teams who look infinitely more skilled than us.

There has to be a reason why we've been less skilled than much of the league the entire time Ross has been here though right? Either you actually can teach skills and everyone else is doing a better job or Ross just plays a game-plan that hinders everyone's overall skill level. Either way it's gotta change if we're ever going to compete with the better teams who look infinitely more skilled than us.

Yep, the idea that you can't improve skills is utter bullshit

It's not about teaching new skills per se, but the maintenance of current skills and building upon them.

We have looked slow and uncomfortable every time we get the ball. And then when we dont have the ball we are still out of position. Ross what are you doing 🙄

Starting to hope Fyfe has a performance clause that allows him to go full megalomaniac and revive the Captain-Coach.

Give him to the end of the season before deciding on the rebrand to Fyfemantle.

I've heard him he doesn't train skills. Clarkson does and he hasn't beaten Hawthorn since??? I can't even remember when we beat Hawthorn. Simpson came to scum and made a point of concentrating on skills and we haven't beaten the scum in something like 5 or 6 years I think. I can't remember the last in season Derby we won.

He talks about having flexibility with his players yet he himself is totally inflexible. He talks the talk and completely fails to actually walk the walk.

Its time
Looking at WC guys like Cripps, Hutchings, Mastern, have improved under Simpson, our bottom 6 still look like list
cloggers.
Even their youth know their role, because the system is well structured, when you have the ball and don't give it
back, ie turnovers the trust is there to attack or kick to space created.,
With Freo you just need to be patient, the turnover, skills, ie Handball to disadvantage, kick it long, ball retention
Is just not there and that is a coaching issue.

Ok so we all want him sacked

When will this be announced?

But seriously how the hell does Ballas get a free ride? Why is Cerra playing across hb abd why would you take your most dangerous small forward in Walters and move him to the midfield.

Cerra I don't understand. Should be middle or forward.

Bella's and Matera are both not up to it. Cerra, and Banfield are much better, but we don't have any class in our forward line.

I idea of playing Sturt in the back line is so annoying.

Walters is tough. With Blakely, fyfe, s hill all out perhaps we need him.

I don't understand playing so many good kids in the back line, when we need them in the forward half.

The first 6 weeks will be interesting, he needs to show something.

Also, Ross talking stats after the game concerns me. He

Why are we recruiting players who can't kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back