Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh the old Hawthorn Free Agency myth.

Somehow, people have it in their heads that Lake was a free agent.
I don't know how the whole football community can criticize us for selling the farm in all of these trades but also act like we made out like bandits with Free Agency.

I don't know how the whole football community can criticize us for selling the farm in all of these trades but also act like we made out like bandits with Free Agency.

It's just lazy language. The football community just recognises that Hawthorn have been particularly adept at player movements, both trades and FA, and call the whole thing FA.

It doesn't bother me, in fact I like it every time they say it. The Hawks football department are the clear kings of player acquisition. Sometimes I wonder if some of these ex-player commenters are a little salty. Perhaps they had discussions on joining Hawthorn which went nowhere?

Ah poor old Murph. He certainly did his time as a child Prince's correctional substitute.

Pretty handy VFL player though

It's just lazy language. The football community just recognises that Hawthorn have been particularly adept at player movements, both trades and FA, and call the whole thing FA.

It doesn't bother me, in fact I like it every time they say it. The Hawks football department are the clear kings of player acquisition. Sometimes I wonder if some of these ex-player commenters are a little salty. Perhaps they had discussions on joining Hawthorn which went nowhere?

It’ll only become an issue if/when we actually do snag a free agent, and people complain about it and want rules changed because we have “exploited” it too much. Like the melts that will happen if we get Coniglio. Doesn’t matter if facts don’t match the narrative, people will just be pissed and complain, like when we got Scully.

The free agency myth really does belong in here.

After all I started this thread because of the wailing and gnashing of teeth because of another of the great myths...."Hawthorn get looked after by the umpires!!!!1".

The free agency myth really does belong in here.

After all I started this thread because of the wailing and gnashing of teeth because of another of the great myths...."Hawthorn get looked after by the umpires!!!!1".
Like that time on Saturday night in the 3rd quarter where the free kick count was 8-0 to Richmond (with 2 50's) that directly attributed to 4 of their goals. Imagine if that had been flipped the other way, the outcry would still be ringing in my ears.

The time razor ray blew when Bruest was heading towards goal. Everyone looked at each other, he pretended to hear something in his earpiece and said ‘OK. OK I’ll just ball up over here’

Staggering

Tin foil hat on here- but I honestly think there is another off field ump feeding info to those on the ground if something borderline is missed. The amount of late calls is staggering and hard to believe they are just slow reactions...

And the same people conveniently forget we lost Buddy to FA as well......

then went on to win 2 more flags ....he he he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve already noticed some opposition posters suggesting that Hawthorn are still being looked after by umpires... :rainbow:

Anyone notice that the age still hasn’t put up a match report on the game? Wtf is with that?
And sen report hardly mentions anything positive about the team’s performance, more to do with the injuries to Adelaide.
Pretty poor stuff all round.

I’ve already noticed some opposition posters suggesting that Hawthorn are still being looked after by umpires... :rainbow:
You mean like how we've received the lowest # of free kicks this round so far? Or the biggest free kick differential? Or that dodgy 50 for Betts?

#freekickhawthorn

The Betts 50 was there, Breust taking a fraction too long but the lack of frees and differential should be looked at (but won't be).

The Rough chopping of arms by Keath in the goal square is the exact reason chopping the arms was brought in as a free against.

There were heaps last night but I, and I'm sure everyone is the same, can only hope for consistency across the round and wishfully, the season.

The Betts 50 was there, Breust taking a fraction too long but the lack of frees and differential should be looked at (but won't be).

The Rough chopping of arms by Keath in the goal square is the exact reason chopping the arms was brought in as a free against.

There were heaps last night but I, and I'm sure everyone is the same, can only hope for consistency across the round and wishfully, the season.
50/50 call for mine and 1st viewing thought it was good job by the young man to spoil, for mine big Rough should have swallowed it.

I've watched the game twice now and think the exact opposite.

The 50 with Betts was a joke and the fact he tried for another was just as much so.

As for the Roughie non-free, there was nothing in that at all.

I think he should have been more frustrated at himself for not clunking it.

Despite that and the rant that followed, he played a decent game.

The entire team did and I'd be hard pressed to name someone that didn't play well.

I know the free kick count doesn't need to be even, but surely not even the most headf***ed could make that argument after us having lost the free kick count 20-11 :$

I know the free kick count doesn't need to be even, but surely not even the most headf***ed could make that argument after us having lost the free kick count 20-11 :$
Sure they can ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back