Preview JLT 2: Fremantle vs West Coast. Sunday 4:10pm @ Rushton Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

I admire how the eagles spread so well. They always seem to have a loose player behind the contest to handpass to, always have options ahead of the play and never get sucked into the contest. We look like a bunch of under 9's charging for the ball, then we get the ball we have absolutely have no idea what to do with it. Mundy and Hogan are the only players on our list that have composure and it's embarrassing.

I admire how the eagles spread so well. They always seem to have a loose player behind the contest to handpass to, always have options ahead of the play and never get sucked into the contest. We look like a bunch of under 9's charging for the ball, then we get the ball we have absolutely have no idea what to do with it. Mundy and Hogan are the only players on our list that have composure and it's embarrassing.
This

A few senior players need to pull the finger out, though maybe they going half paced, I thought Hamling and Wilson have both been terribly disappointing in both JLT games. Crazy to think Wilson couldn’t hit a target on a kick in, especially with the new rules.

A few senior players need to pull the finger out, though maybe they going half paced, I thought Hamling and Wilson have both been terribly disappointing in both JLT games. Crazy to think Wilson couldn’t hit a target on a kick in, especially with the new rules.
Opposition laugh and just say he has been Fremantled. I used to do the same with Bucks but the Pies have turned
It around with quality support and a few home truths.
Mayne is the perfect example of before and after.

Rubbish it was his hand. He. Got knocked on the inside of the leg. He would of been favoring one side. Leads to hamstring injuries.
I look forward to seeing you playing as our new key forward.
Going by the stretch in your bow, your long arms could certainly take a good grab.

Our back six had a terrible game but they were under constant pressure from easy entries. At one stage at the centre bounce we had Brayshaw, Walters and Colyer against yeo , shuey and gaff. That would never happen in the regular season. I think in the regular season Mundy and Fyfe would of been in the centre which automatically makes a massive difference. I was also pleased to hear that Jesse hogan doesn’t think he will have the same license to put him self in the midfield come round 1, which is good as it means he will b playing a lot deeper.

Keep giggling like an idiot at the list of soft tissue injuries that is twice as long as the next worst club.

I guess you believe Switkovski injured his mouth last week? Cox copped a big knock to his leg and was hobbling around afterwards. Should have been taken out of the game last week and was clearly mismanaged this week.
The “mouth” was a misprint as stated by everyone after the game. Everyone’s statements said a hammy.
Unfortunately for your argument, our fitness staff are just as qualified as every other club’s. Sometimes players get injuries and sometimes players like Switkowski, Bennell, Sandi and Hill have a long history of soft tissue injuries.
I know it’s important for most on here to have something to complain about but the “sack the fitness dept” calls are ludicrous. Part of me wants them to get sacked so you can call for the heads of the new ones.

This is the very concerning thing to me.

We have no system, no idea on ball movement at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily it was just a practice game, but I agree with fantapants (the horror). We need mids and we need them fast.
Tom North stands out as a chance for me, but what would I know, as Rossy is the smartest in the room always.
Oh and he's won f&&k all, so I think he has quite a distorted view of his own self importance

Attachments

• 1604ba2763f3d281bcf4803ebd7da0c0.gif
    1604ba2763f3d281bcf4803ebd7da0c0.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
Cox definitely has a hand/wrist injury. Was very obviously favouring it against Collingwood and had strapping around the wrist and some fingers. He dropped a couple of marks he wouldn’t normally drop and was then playing with his sore hand thereafter. Hopefully the hamstring problem is minor and the silver lining is that it will help him get the wrist/hand injury sorted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the tackle I loved was Sonny's in the first minutes right near us. He ground opponent into the turf and shook him like a dog shakes a rat. I thought what the heck - then saw it was jumper no. 3....
Must have been thrilling for you , how did the rest of the game go for you? Time you lot moved on isn’t it .

I think you're still allowed to watch football if the team you support isn't playing finals.
And really? You're team won a flag, looks like having another good year and you feel the need to come here and be a smartarse?
The words, get a life, come to mind.
I for one, am embarrassed by someone from our board coming and putting the boot in. I hope he is an alt account but i suspect he is just a dickhead.

Is anyone excited? Optimistic?

March 11, 2018:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/li...s/news-story/744fa5509ef29162a470f05c5b0f18a2

IT WAS the quarter that would have got Fremantle fans excited for 2018.

And it would have left West Coast supporters feeling worried as for what’s to come.

Fremantle’s 62-point victory to end the JLT Series demonstrated a touch of the old and a lot of the new in terms of the tactics employed by Ross Lyon.

I don't know why people put any stock in pre-season games.

If you weren't completely one eyed, before the game everyone would have listed a series of disadvantages that we had coming into this game against the Slime and that it was a likely loss. No surprises, we lost.

What was good to see was that we scored really well in Q1 for both games - scoring and particularly some involvement by our talls is what we've been after for years and are starting to get it.

Kids underperforming as compared to their future gun self, plus several gun midfielders absent (Fyfe, Blakely, injured BHill mid game) and that midfield is guaranteed a spanking against the 2 Grand Final teams. We were clearly and simply smashed in the midfield and that impacted forward and defence heavily too, that comes down to player availability. Even with some gun kids playing - and we want them playing, until Andy and Cerra are 30 possession midfielders consistently we are disadvantaging ourselves in the short term by playing them there, until Darcy can consistently hold his own against 17 other clubs main ruck, we are deliberately disadvantaging ourselves (and we should put up with the short term pain, we will be the better for it in the long term).

The Morning After:
Well I feel somewhat rejuvenated, not from watching that disaster yesterday, but watching a classic game of cricket last night. One of the very best chases you will see. But I digress. The more I’ve watched the match yesterday, yes I watched it again this morning, so here’s my take on it.
* Sean Darcy, played like someone who’s not played a game since last year and is coming off an injury,
* Willo is not that bad, maybe.🤔 he was very disappointing.
* Giro, the kids a bit of an enigma, he had 71% time on field, but seemed to be MIA a bit. I like him in traffic, he’ll improve no end.
* Luke Ryan certainly had whatever it was affecting the backs, that was contagious yesterday.
* Cerra needs to be in the middle, if he’s not, then spell him on the bench. Let him learn his craft.
* Brayshaw will captain a club somewhere in the future, I just hope it’s Freo. A Cerra / Brayshaw midfield excites me.
* Conca will prove to be a handy pick up. He doesn’t mind putting his head over the ball.
* Losing both Cox and Tabs is not ideal, in fact it sucks. Do we continue giving Lobb ruck time, it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul really. Might need a second ruck against Norfs or Toddy will monster Darce.
* Tucker will be ok, was a little bit overwhelmed yesterday, but he went ok against the Pies, so watch and wait.
* Matera, I’m not seeing many good reasons to see him not starting in the Mcgoos and make him fight for his spot, same goes for Ballantyne.
* Valente? Where’s he at? He’s not listed among the injured,
* Tom North needs to put his hand up. Have it so we can have a number of guys going through the guts. Wet toast had maybe 10 or 12 rotating through there yesterday, and they all play their rolls well. That’s where we need to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back