Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

North are looking good against Port. See Aaron
Hall is playing.
McKay is quite the weapon. Set a few goals up from full back today... FOR THE OPPO!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL and all that run and carry from Shithard. Think round one is going to be a comedy of errors from both teams, but only one will Bradbury across the line in the end. Hope Optus Stadium has the benny hill music playing in the background 🤣

McKay is quite the weapon. Set a few goals up from full back today... FOR THE OPPO!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL and all that run and carry from Shithard. Think round one is going to be a comedy of errors from both teams, but only one will Bradbury across the line in the end. Hope Optus Stadium has the benny hill music playing in the background 🤣
They can kick a goal old North, but **** me do they ever give you a chance to kick one.

Thompson usually takes 45 intercept marks against us so with him out, I'll back us at Optus. McKay not in the same league as him atm.

Interesting that Polec, Higgins, Ahern, LDU and McDonald didn’t register a tackle between them. Hall, who certainly isn’t known for tackling, had 3 to lead the north midfield.

Interesting that Polec, Higgins, Ahern, LDU and McDonald didn’t register a tackle between them. Hall, who certainly isn’t known for tackling, had 3 to lead the north midfield.
Hall had under 50% DE for most of the game. Ended up with 10 effective possessions. He managed to kick 1 goal from 4 scoring shots - 2 missed the lot. He was one of their best players though... so you could say, not their greatest hit out.

North Board very confident after that disgraceful exhibition.
They are saying we are bottom 4 or spoon.
Can't say I disagree after watching that

Now that all preseason games are done, the team i’d like to see R1:

FB: Hughes - Hamling - Ryan
HB: Wilson - Pearce - Conca
C: Langdon - Brayshaw - Billy
HF: Mundy - Hogan - Banfield
FF: Walters - Lobb - Tabs
FOLL: Darcy - Fyfe - Cerra
INT: Tucker - Giro? - Bewley? - Schultz?

Our injuries have really f&$ked us. So many first team players no available.

Tabs may not be either. Did a calf today apparently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you reckon that backline has enough kicking skills? Hughes, Hamling, Pearce, Conca and Wilson atm (although he surely has the talent to improve) are pretty average kicks.

Don’t mind the tall forwards. But gee, small forwards
Ballas- no thanks
Matera-ugh
Switkowski- injured
Schulz- never played an AFL game
Sturt- way understrngth
Walters- he’s a midfielder now. Apparently

Pretty much came up with the same 22 depending on who recovers from injury in the next two weeks. Would have Cox ahead of Taberner. Radio said Taberner was just "soreness" and McCarthy may as well be in there ahead of either Matera, Ballantyne or Colyer.

Hughes Hamling Wilson
Ryan Pearce Cerra
B Hill Fyfe Langdon
Walters Hogan Taberner
Shultz Lobb Banfield

Darcy Conca Brayshaw

Mundy McCarthy Bewley Tucker

Probably a bit slow in the forward half though.

Last edited:
You should all definitely go and read the Norf board now. It is hilarious. My personal favourite is this one:

From someone semi sensible who realises they just lost to St Kilda and Port Adelaide in the JLT:
There's also the chance that WC are a lot better than we are
From our favourite hissing fan boi:
I don't think they're much more talented

Hmmm... So West Coast just won a premiership... and North just lost to St Kilda and Port Adelaide in JLT. Yep almost the same really :oops:

So much over confidence from them. Love it. Many would assume it couldn't get more crappy than we were today... clearly you did not watch North's JLT games. The most likely scenario might be a nil all draw come round 1. It will be a battle of which turd is less stinky.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Logue is an upgrade on Hamling imo. He is so ferocious at the contest and can kick a long accurate ball. Ross mentioned last week it may only be a 14 day hamstring for him so there’s a chance he can play. Hamling has struggled in the preseason imo and think Hughes has been in better form.

We also need to get Switta up ASAP as our small forwards suck. Matera is trying hard, almost too hard, just needs to show some poise. Colyer has struggled offensively last couple of weeks. Thought he was good in the intraclub but hasn’t been able to transfer that to the regular season.

I’m ok with our mids, although will be feeling a lot better about things when Blakely returns from injury. Fyfe will make a massive difference.

The only positive I can see from our injuries is that everyone is expected back in the first quarter of the season, bar maybe Sandilands.

Anyway my round 1 side assuming Logue is fit but Switta is not.

B: Hughes Pearce Ryan
HB: Wilson Logue Conca
C: Langdon Mundy B Hill
HF: Banfield Hogan Walters
F: Lobb Taberner Matera
R: Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw
I: Tucker Cerra Giro Colyer

With Switta and S Hill to return by round 3, Blakely round 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back