HB: Houli Rance Short
C: McIntosh Prestia Lambert
HF: Higgins Riewoldt Edwards
F: Rioli Lynch Butler
Foll: Nankervis Martin Cotchin
Int: Broad Graham Balta Weller
Emerg: Soldo, Baker, Ross, Markov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how I hope the R1 side runs out. Fingers crossed on Lynch!!

Looking more and more likely that Caddy wont be playing from whats being mentioned regarding his ankle

Replace Caddy with Balta and still have Lynch / Riewoldt in the foward line and when Balta goes in the Ruck Dusty/Cotchin/Prestia rest foward

Looking more and more likely that Caddy wont be playing from whats being mentioned regarding his ankle

Replace Caddy with Balta and still have Lynch / Riewoldt in the foward line and when Balta goes in the Ruck Dusty/Cotchin/Prestia rest foward
Nahhh the other way around...
Dusty/Cotchin/Prestia in the ruck with Balta...when Nank comes on then those three can rest forward...
An inexperienced Balta in the ruck without those three...very iffy!

This is what I think the team will be against Carlton.
B: Grimes Astbury Short
HB: Vlaustin Rance Houli
C: Mcintosh Martin Lambert
HF: Rioli Riewoldt Edwards
F: Butler Lynch Higgins
Foll: Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
Int: Graham Broad Ellis Balta
Emer: Weller Baker Markov Menadue
Unavailable for selection: Caddy Grigg Garthwaite Castagna

I could be wrong but I think Lynch will play from what Dimma and Leppa have said the last few weeks. Think we played Nank forward to get use to the structure of another tall. No way will Lynchbruck though so I think Balta gets the nod to play second ruck. Gives us so much more versaltility and won’t slow us down as he moves like a midfielder if not better. Very good side and still think there is plenty of depth with a lot of young talent that I think deserve opportunities at some point. There is a lot of X factor in our list and it should be an exciting team to watch. Bring on round one!

B: Vlastuin Astbury Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Short
C: McIntosh Prestia Lambert
HF: Higgins Riewoldt Edwards
F: Rioli Lynch Butler
Foll: Nankervis Martin Cotchin
Int: Broad Graham Balta Weller
Emerg: Soldo, Baker, Ross, Markov.

Pretty much how i see it.
Last spot out of Weller & Ross.
Wouldn't be against giving Ross a taste against the Boos and bring Weller in against the Pies.

Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin
Houli - Rance - Broad

Lambert - Cotchin - Edwards

Rioli - Riewoldt - Higgins
Butler - Lynch - Balta

Nankervis - Martin - Prestia

Caddy - Graham - Ross - ?????

Smokies for rnd 1 Stack had two real good hit outs in the vfl and he looks ready to go. RC-D just love the size of this kid and the way he plays reckon he could have an impact straight away.

Last edited:
rance astbury grimes
vlastuin houli broad

nankervis cotchin prestia
rioli martin edwards

riewoldt lynch balta
higgins caddy lambert

graham bolton rcd stack

emg. coleman-jones grigg mcintosh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 for me:

FB: Grimes - Astbury - Rance
HB: Houli - Vlastuin - Broad

C: Short - Cotchin - KMac

HF: Lambert - Edwards - Rioli
FF: Butler - Riewoldt - Higgins

Fol: Nank, Martin, Prestia

Int: Graham, Balta, Baker, Weller
Emg: Soldo, Markov, Ross, Ellis

Lynch is a million dollar investment for the future IMO. Don't want to see him until his absolutely, 100% good to go.

I think Shorty plays, but I don't want him and Bachar in the same backline, so I'd push him (or Bachar) up to a wing.

I'd love to find a game for Markov, Bolton, Naish, CCJ or even Moore, but Weller, unfortunately, is the one that fits the positional needs best. Weller showed enough, although I think his a step backwards from Miles or Lloyd.

Round 1 for me:

FB: Grimes - Astbury - Rance
HB: Houli - Vlastuin - Broad

C: Short - Cotchin - KMac

HF: Lambert - Edwards - Rioli
FF: Butler - Riewoldt - Higgins

Fol: Nank, Martin, Prestia

Int: Graham, Balta, Baker, Weller
Emg: Soldo, Markov, Ross, Ellis

Lynch is a million dollar investment for the future IMO. Don't want to see him until his absolutely, 100% good to go.

I think Shorty plays, but I don't want him and Bachar in the same backline, so I'd push him (or Bachar) up to a wing.

I'd love to find a game for Markov, Bolton, Naish, CCJ or even Moore, but Weller, unfortunately, is the one that fits the positional needs best. Weller showed enough, although I think his a step backwards from Miles or Lloyd.
not sure about the Weller logic. He has never at any stage shown himself to be a prolific mid and the side is choc full of small players who can go fwd.
Give me a genuine mid who will give us plenty of contests and run and get his hands on the ball enough.

Same with Short if he is not down back then give me a genuine mid who will provide a contest with some run and delivery.

Does anyone know what is actually going on with Lynch and Caddy. The site says no but it seems Hardwick and Leppa think they will be a good chance

Best 22 current.
F Butler Martin Higgins
Rioli Riewoldt Weller
Edwards Lambert Graham
Houli Vlaustin Short
Astbury Rance Grimes
Foll Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I Balta Broad KMc Soldo
emerg Baker Markov Menadue Ross

Best 22 current.
F Butler Martin Higgins
Rioli Riewoldt Weller
Edwards Lambert Graham
Houli Vlaustin Short
Astbury Rance Grimes
Foll Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I Balta Broad KMc Soldo
emerg Baker Markov Menadue Ross
Cant see us playing Soldo. If Balta plays he will play that 2nd Ruck role

Grimes Rance Astbury
Vlastuin Broad Houli
Edwards Cotchin Lambert
Rioli Lynch Higgins
Butler Riewoldt Balta
Nankervis Martin Prestia
Caddy Graham George Short

Round 1 Team

Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
Houli Rance Short
Rioli Cotchin Lambert
Edwards Riewoldt Higgins
Butler Lynch Martin
Nankervis Prestia Graham

Kmac Balta Broad J.Ross/RCD
I would be very happy if that was the team to run our round 1, But have a funny feeling that Weller will have that last spot you have RCD/Ross occupying currently

Dusty turns 28 this yr and Cotchin turns 29. Lets say Ross and RC-D are the next big things by the time the former hit 30 31 we need 50 70 games into the latter two. Imo its not only about smooth transition but the two kids are needed right away because of their type and size.
If we are serious about succession we need another two big bodied mids in our system now.

We will have another 2-3 first round picks walk through the door between now and then. Without falling down the ladder to get top draft picks it seems likely that we will need to trade or attract talent through free agency. Not impossible for a well run club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back