Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a constant dropout issue in the Friday night game on Android. Says I had internet problems but there were none, had to restart the stream every time as it seemed unable to do it itself. Hope these issues are ironed out by season proper .

Had a constant dropout issue in the Friday night game on Android. Says I had internet problems but there were none, had to restart the stream every time as it seemed unable to do it itself. Hope these issues are ironed out by season proper .
You’re not alone here. Emailed Kayo and they said they received many complaints.

My apartment building has the worst wiring I've probably ever seen, but I still get about 5mbps on speed test which is the minimum to stream 1080 comfortably. A lot depends on app optimisation; I had issues buffering the stream through the Edge browser on Xbox (even on 360p SD), but since getting the add-on through KIDO it's perfect at 1080.

Perhaps the android app is a bit inefficient... What's your speed?

It’s completely ****ed - 3.9mbps

Switching to a full Optus mobile broadband setup next week on a cracked Nighthawk.

I’ve read some reviews of up to 300mbps on that setup.

Geez, the Kodi addon is unreal (I'm using it on a Raspberry-Pi). Playback is absolutely flawless, much better than the Chromecast which was prone to dropping the resolution every now and then. Haven't noticed anything at all with this, I suspect that is due to the buffer cache. Also so much smoother, I'm not sure if I had the Chromecast set to 50fps or not, but I've set that on Kodi and it's perfect.

And the main positive is the remote control playback, being able to use either my TV remote properly (wasn't able to fast forward or anything with the TV remote on CC) or the remote phone app that I usually use for Kodi (it's called Yatse, very handy). Was too limited using the Kayo Android app to control the playback.

Another thing is it's so much easier to find stuff. Everything is there in a nice big list. No mucking around navigating through the different tiles.

So much to love about this addon, highly recommended checking it out. Chromecast can bugger off to the other room.

Geez, the Kodi addon is unreal (I'm using it on a Raspberry-Pi). Playback is absolutely flawless, much better than the Chromecast which was prone to dropping the resolution every now and then. Haven't noticed anything at all with this, I suspect that is due to the buffer cache. Also so much smoother, I'm not sure if I had the Chromecast set to 50fps or not, but I've set that on Kodi and it's perfect.

And the main positive is the remote control playback, being able to use either my TV remote properly (wasn't able to fast forward or anything with the TV remote on CC) or the remote phone app that I usually use for Kodi (it's called Yatse, very handy). Was too limited using the Kayo Android app to control the playback.

Another thing is it's so much easier to find stuff. Everything is there in a nice big list. No mucking around navigating through the different tiles.

So much to love about this addon, highly recommended checking it out. Chromecast can bugger off to the other room.

+ the ability to add channels/shows to Favourites is great - I can start Kodi, click on 504 in Favourites & it's up & running within seconds.

I cant imagine if Kayo now release an app for say the Xbox One, that it could be any better than the Kodi app, the developer pretty much nailed it. A couple of us had made suggestions in his whirlpool thread to tweak the From Start/Live options (to avoid score spoilers when starting a live event) & looks like he's already released an update for that.

Also talk in that thread about an EPG, little bit over my head but going to & nut it out later today.

Ok got the EPG working, fairly simple stuff, youtube guide here to setup the iptv client & then enter the urls in it's config settings

Playlist URL: http://i.mjh.nz/au/Kayo/kodi.m3u8
EPG URL: http://i.mjh.nz/au/Kayo/epg.xml

edit - there is a daylight saving issue so within the iptv simple client's epg settings I needed to set epg time shift to 1.0 & then within kodi's pvr & live tv settings, clear the guide data. So will also need to set back to 0.0 in a few weeks when daylight savings changes again.

IMAG0130.jpg

Last edited:
Ok got the EPG working, fairly simple stuff, youtube guide here to setup the iptv client & then enter the urls in it's config settings

edit - there is a daylight saving issue so within the iptv simple client's epg settings I needed to set epg time shift to 1.0 & then within kodi's pvr & live tv settings, clear the guide data. So will also need to set back to 0.0 in a few weeks when daylight savings changes again.

View attachment 633085

looks awesome too bad I can't get Kodi on Samsung Tv. Really wishing I bought a Sony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really say much for the official Kayo app developers that some dude has been able to knock up this Kodi addon probably from his bedroom all by himself. Granted, he has reverse engineered their app, but it pretty much has everything that people have been asking for. It's been running perfectly with everything I've played so far. Love it.

We finally bit the bullet and signed up to the Kayo free trial, and got a Chromecast Ultra . We were pleasantly surprised by the image quality on our projector . It’s almost as good as Foxtel HD. No buffering issues either. This was the case for the Cricket as well as the footy. I won’t subscribe until I see how Round 1 goes with the additional traffic , but so far , so good .

Last edited:
Have never had any issues with my Apple TV 4.
Have been using 2 ATV4K with kayo for a couple of months now absolutely no issues at all.

FTTP 50/20 NBN and ATVs connected via erhernet.
Just connected a laptop to my tv via hmdi and the picture is stuttering constantly. On the tv and laptop. When I unplug the hmdi cable from my tv the laptop starts playing normally again. Has anyone else experienced this?
I'd be guessing it's something to do with frame rate settings being different between your laptop and TV.

I've never been an Apple person but I am loving the new Apple TV.

If you watch netflix/stan/prime and want to use any of the free to air catch up services the apple tv does a fantastic job of integrating everything and it runs kayo beautifully.

Can also stream any videos you have stored on a local network.

One suave *

Or any cheap s905 box and run corelec or librelec kodi from sd card or flash to the box. Can spend under $50. Or a Vodafone TV ($70-80 and you don't need to be with Vodafone) or Mi Box S running kodi or wbmc are next best. Can get a Mi Box S from: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/172511972133.
Been doing a bit of ferreting and apparently you can load Kodi onto the PS4 using an app called "plex" Do you reckon that would be safe?

Doesn't really say much for the official Kayo app developers that some dude has been able to knock up this Kodi addon probably from his bedroom all by himself. Granted, he has reverse engineered their app, but it pretty much has everything that people have been asking for. It's been running perfectly with everything I've played so far. Love it.

Yep they seem to have focused on producing a pretty front end rather than a truly functional one.

View attachment 633085

Good stuff. I fixed the daylight savings issue thanks to your tip.
Just for anyone elese info the capital K in Kayo in those URLs make a difference.

Been doing a bit of ferreting and apparently you can load Kodi onto the PS4 using an app called "plex" Do you reckon that would be safe?
Far as I know it goes the other way round in that kodi (and it's forks) has a Plex add on available the official repository. But I don't have a play station and haven't tried so can't say.

Have been using 2 ATV4K with kayo for a couple of months now absolutely no issues at all.

FTTP 50/20 NBN and ATVs connected via erhernet. I'd be guessing it's something to do with frame rate settings being different between your laptop and TV.

I've never been an Apple person but I am loving the new Apple TV.

If you watch netflix/stan/prime and want to use any of the free to air catch up services the apple tv does a fantastic job of integrating everything and it runs kayo beautifully.

Can also stream any videos you have stored on a local network.

One suave ****

Great to hear, I'm dumping my ATV version 3 for a 4k arriving tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back