JLT2 vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for you but both Baileys were average at best Sunday

Neither are best 22 AT PRESENT mate but Smith wil make his way in

Thankyou for the honest response, it's pretty hard news for me to take but I'm sure we're gonna have plenty of wins to toast with triple Baileys. I just hope none of them have to adopt the 3x handball to kick ratio style to get a game.

i guess just to cover injurries for roberts ? young i dont trust yet
Regarding Roberts, round 4 last year against Sydney we were missing Marcus Adams, Zaine Cordy and Dale Morris, yet Fletcher Roberts wasn't selected. He must be so far out of contention for a spot it's not even funny

Thankyou for the honest response, it's pretty hard news for me to take but I'm sure we're gonna have plenty of wins to toast with triple Baileys. I just hope none of them have to adopt the 3x handball to kick ratio style to get a game.

I don’t rate Williams but he is normally a devent kick but this year he has so far been average to bad. I don’t see what others do in him but I haven’t written him completely off yet but I don’t think he will cut it and will end up back in SA at years end

Smith I will admit I was a little disappointed in and his kicking, well let’s jusy say he looks to fit in really well. Still plenty of time and the wraps are huge so let’s hope he just isn’t ready and will work his way into the team over the first month or so

I love it

Here come the we aren’t playing well let’s deflect onto mattdougie coz he was right and we don’t want to hear about it people.

Some of the peole accusing me of rambling are utterly hilarious.

I’m more than willing to admit I annoy peole but by far and away the biggest flog on this page says I’m the problem. Hahahahaha never change guys never change.

Let’s all hope and pray Bev has been playin games in the JLT or it’s going to be a long year and will so many in here have the ability to stand up and admit they are wrong.

I still want to know how our club has taken a premiership list and turned it into that thing wehave watched the last two years and two weeks. I honestly baffles me I can’t work it out. It’s like they have tried to tank the list.

Lol, the number of iterations of this post you have developed over the years, to different coaches and in all different contexts.

Your cynicism would be more entertaining if you spiced it up a bit - you seem to go for three moves without ever changing. 1. Make the most dire prediction possible, 2. Respond to any criticism by saying that it is the truth, often making references to 'lemmings' (I do recall this occurring in 2016, so not always truth, eh?) 3. Start talking about yourself rather than the issue, and say you are only doing so to defend yourself.

I think you should perhaps go for a strategy that doesnt involve talking about yourself and being a kent, but that's just me.

And fwiw - in this context I think most of your points are accurate, but, you know, a broken clock is right twice a day... You really arent capable of another perspective unless it is completely in retrospect. Can you show me a positive prediction you have made (genuine question, I cant ever recall seeing one).

Lol, the number of iterations of this post you have developed over the years, to different coaches and in all different contexts.

Your cynicism would be more entertaining if you spiced it up a bit - you seem to go for three moves without ever changing. 1. Make the most dire prediction possible, 2. Respond to any criticism by saying that it is the truth, often making references to 'lemmings' (I do recall this occurring in 2016, so not always truth, eh?) 3. Start talking about yourself rather than the issue, and say you are only doing so to defend yourself.

I think you should perhaps go for a strategy that doesnt involve talking about yourself and being a kent, but that's just me.

And fwiw - in this context I think most of your points are accurate, but, you know, a broken clock is right twice a day... You really arent capable of another perspective unless it is completely in retrospect. Can you show me a positive prediction you have made (genuine question, I cant ever recall seeing one).

In the last two years ?

No I probably can’t. Have I been wrong?

Am I yet to completely dispel Bev? I’ve questioned him and said he is in trouble but I’ve supported him as much as most.

Did I not scream for the club to resign Libba and Wallis whole others said meh they can go?

Praised English Richards and Naughton and said sign them all to long contracts?

Nah I’ve only been negative lol but I have been mostly coz that’s what the club has been. Or am I missing something ? Are we going really well?

I won’t make up false positives to appease people. I never have and I never will

And I’m sick to death of this bulls!y I canned te club in 2016. After we lost Libba and McRae at Geelong I said I believed our flag chance was gone. I didn’t abuse the club in anyway I just though that was the straw that broke the camels back. I was wrong but I didn’t say that was the clubs fault in anyway coz it wasn’t. But please continue to propagate the lie it’s makes it far more amazing.

And tell me the last time I have flat our artacked, insulted or abused ANYONE that hasn’t come at me? Tell me the number of people I have on ignore that continue to post to me and make it look like I’m arguing with when I haven’t spoken to them for month ms and in scrags WELL OVER A YEAR.

Tell me I don’t discuss this with the mods weekly and why I haven’t been banned.

Nah ignore all that and make it me again that’s how this place rolls mate

Last edited:
In the last two years ?

No I probably can’t. Have I been wrong?

Am I yet to completely dispel Bev? I’ve questioned him and said he is in trouble but I’ve supported him as much as most.

Did I not scream for the club to resign Libba and Wallis whole others said meh they can go?

Praised English Richards and Naughton and said sign them all to long contracts?

Nah I’ve only been negative lol but I have been mostly coz that’s what the club has been. Or am I missing something ? Are we going really well?

I won’t make up false positives to appease people. I never have and I never will

You “say it like it is” amirite? Mate you are a caricature.

You don’t need to make up false positives or do anything. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a pessimist. Being a bellicose kent that makes everything about himself is what you should probably reflect on and avoid doing and we’d all have a better time.

You’ll probably say you won’t change your behaviour for anyone, but maybe just give it a try? You actually seem to have the capacity to analyse things properly when you put yourself to it.

You “say it like it is” amirite? Mate you are a caricature.

You don’t need to make up false positives or do anything. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a pessimist. Being a bellicose kent that makes everything about himself is what you should probably reflect on and avoid doing and we’d all have a better time.

You’ll probably say you won’t change your behaviour for anyone, but maybe just give it a try? You actually seem to have the capacity to analyse things properly when you put yourself to it.

Nope I just say my truth as I see it and because I’m not fairy dust and rainbow guy people don’t like it.

If doing that makes me a Kent then oh well that’s life.

But i pose a question. Look at all the people in this thread that said we won’t be very good in the last two day BUT IM THE ONLY one to attract “abuse” and advice! Hmmmmm why is that so?

Oh and I’d try and change my behaviour(if necessary) for those I respect so ......

Anyway back to footy MD ruined another thread being “attacked” and then playing the victim

I’ve also said we are in trouble in this and other threads. It doesn’t look good but it’s still JLT. In fact I’m pretty much in agreement with EVERYTHING you’ve argued.

We have a coach that isn’t capable of adapting to the new rules in the most obvious and absurd ways (with the ruck choices by far the most obvious issue). There’s really no good reason why we would trail any of the things he did around the contest and strategically in a practice match - there is no value add at all and nothing will translate to the season so it is obviously useless. I think we need an assistant who can step up and give him feedback that he has to implement, as there is clearly nobody challenging him right now.

Part of the problem from your end I think is that you simply point out what you perceive as the issues rather than focusing on what we need to do (and do so with a fair bit of doomsday rhetoric), and have a tendency to defend yourself aggressively when people call you out on it. Why do you have so many people on ignore, why does this always happen? It can’t always be them and you should accept that.

I’ve also said we are in trouble in this and other threads. It doesn’t look good but it’s still JLT. In fact I’m pretty much in agreement with EVERYTHING you’ve argued.

We have a coach that isn’t capable of adapting to the new rules in the most obvious and absurd ways (with the ruck choices by far the most obvious issue). I think we need an assistant who can step up and give him feedback that he has to implement, as there is clearly nobody challenging him right now.

Part of the problem from your end I think is that you simply point out what you perceive as the issues rather than focusing on what we need to do (and do so with a fair bit of doomsday rhetoric), and have a tendency to defend yourself aggressively when people call you out on it. Why do you have so many people on ignore, why does this always happen? It can’t always be them and you should accept that.

As soon as 2018 finished I said we would not improve a scrap unless we make some changes in coaching personal.

The group as a whole are either no good and devoid of any ideas. Gia a perfect example as he has never left the club so what new IP could he have? OR they are yes men controlled by a complete control freak in Bev.

Either way it isn’t good and as I’ve said several times is the root core problem.

Even if you are Bevs biggest supporter you must admit his absolute disrespect of ruck play is moronic with the new rules.

I have just had a thought.

Back in the day, the really bad teams used to take the pre-season totally seriously, like it was their one chance for trophyware for the season. The good teams, they didn't try much, kept it for the real thing.

Maybe that explains a lot about our JLT hitouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the day, the really bad teams used to take the pre-season totally seriously, like it was their one chance for trophyware for the season. The good teams, they didn't try much, kept it for the real thing.

No it doesn’t as there is no possible thing gained by continuing to play Dunkley and Bont in the ruck under the new rules (with the potential to injure one of them), or playing with no discernible strategy or cohesion.

I’d be fine if we lost trying something new that we were considering doing but that’s not what happened.

What value does practicing something we know is completely the wrong thing have? None, none whatsoever.

We may see things turn around quickly and it is only JLT, but a lot of things that failed last year and were really really dumb were on show in both games, again. We will see a change from the players on attitude in the real thing, and I think we will beat both teams. But outside of that... we are a worry and I hope to be happily surprised.

As soon as 2018 finished I said we would not improve a scrap unless we make some changes in coaching personal.

The group as a whole are either no good and devoid of any ideas. Gia a perfect example as he has never left the club so what new IP could he have? OR they are yes men controlled by a complete control freak in Bev.

Either way it isn’t good and as I’ve said several times is the root core problem.

Even if you are Bevs biggest supporter you must admit his absolute disrespect of ruck play is moronic with the new rules.

the more concerning thing is you look at the premiership coaches. all of them have the ability to make finals consistently. if bevo cant make us play finals by next year, question marks might be asked of him.

make at the end of this year if it goes bad, a major review needed (richmond, collingwood style)

Last edited:
That

That would explain both GC and Saints efforts. Both were pretty sharp.
It can be a point made by a previously weaker teams to really aim hard for early season wins due to the risk of dropping off badly with early losses.
Pies lose first two, it’s not panic stations. Saints or GC lose first two or can snowball pretty quickly from there. That’s why you tend to see the shitter clubs do ok in the pre season compared to the real deal.

No it doesn’t as there is no possible thing gained by continuing to play Dunkley and Bont in the ruck under the new rules (with the potential to injure one of them), or playing with no discernible strategy or cohesion.

I’d be fine if we lost trying something new that we were considering doing but that’s not what happened.

What value does practicing something we know is completely the wrong thing have? None, none whatsoever.

We may see things turn around quickly and it is only JLT, but a lot of things that failed last year and were really really dumb were on show in both games, again. We will see a change from the players on attitude in the real thing, and I think we will beat both teams. But outside of that... we are a worry and I hope to be happily surprised.

Bevo was just laying out the smoke screens. We are going to magically change our kick to handball ratio in Round 1 and all our forwards are going to have a picnic.

Bevo was just laying out the smoke screens. We are going to magically change our kick to handball ratio in Round 1 and all our forwards are going to have a picnic.
The delusional optimist in me sees Cavarra and Dickson combining for 8 goals in round 1 with us having held them back to not reveal anything.

The realist thinks we spread the goals among about 10 players with no real standouts and continue with our sloppy disposal and poor I50 conversion. A man can dream though right?

Then why doesn't someone with authority shut this relentless, yappy hound up.

Jesus Christ, I imagine I am among many on this forum who is sick and bloody tired of nearly every thread being hijacked by one poster.

Agreed. I am one that has just about given up on using bigfooty due to the repetitive, negative, macho rubbish. I use ignore but threads become disjointed due to people taking the bait.

How many year contract did Roberts sign and when? This will be his third year basically playing VFL.

And I get Lewis is going but after his first year he hasn’t been sighted. Don’t tell me if he isn’t on the list (and fit?) he shouldn’t have at least got a crack at a JLT.

We have made some strange moves in this series.

We certainly have. While I get Bevo likes to try and play strong squads in the JLT, I always think giving some of the lesser lights against good quality sides will help. Others may argue that guys like Young will get to face up to our best side in the intra-club games, but I wonder if it isn't better to expose younger players in the JLT. Anyway, I suppose we shall see whether our strategy has payed off in round 1, and later in the season where we need some other players to step up due to injury and form.

More like half the posts literally are him. I checked this thread during each break, and every second post was him and his narcissistic stupidity. That dude really needs to get outside more.
As you say, ignoring doesn't solve the problem because there's always that group of like 10 people who don't ignore him, and those people see literally nothing but his posts so they end up arguing.
Yes it does solve the problem. The arguers are reducing in number, it’s mainly newbies now.

Patty McCartin another concussion

That is no good at all, he was starting to look like breaking out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back