Preview How will we line up in R1 v Brisbane Lions?

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Being versatile is exactly what Brander is i would have thought? They are playing him down back because of the log jam of forwards we have. He looked pretty good down there and could possibly play on a wing with the way he has been going.

I do wonder what path we go down if Shep is not ready for round 1.

Options:

1. Schofield - Has had his own injury concerns and might not be match fit come round 1.
2. Watson - I want to see him debut but i see him competing with Jetta and Cole.
3. Brander - Another tall option to help out Gov and Barrass but also offered some run. Plays similar to Schofield in that aspect.

I would go with option 3. If Allen and Darling are struggling up front we could easily swing Brander forward and Allen back.
Oh I agree with all of that. Just to me Oallen is ultra versatile was all I meant

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Team for r1

FB: Jetta Barrass Cole
HB: Hurn McGovern Duggan
C: Masten Redden Sheed
HF: Rioli Darling Venables
FF: Vardy Kennedy/O. Allen Ryan

R: Hickey Yeo Shuey

I: Sheppard/Schofield Hutchings Petrucelle O. Allen/Brander/Waterman

R3 changes
In: Gaff Cripps
Out: O. Allen Venables/Petrucelle
If Allen gets in he won't be dropped, he's too good.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Chances are we'll have other injuries to contend with so we might not have to make the choice but by round 3 Allen will be undroppable. Venables & Petruccelle in the unlikely event everyone is fit.

Yep I wouldn't mind Oscar Allen for Venables. You have to remember we didn't have Gaff during Grand final so with the inclusion of Gaff that means Venables would get even less mid time. So really it is possible to debate Allen vs Venables. But we will lose speed and run unless Allen could fill the void (push up the ground etc).

Or drop Masten HEHEHEHE

Allen is a much better player, has clearly gone past Waterman.
Jake has had an interrupted preseason. I think categorical statements like this are jumping the gun.

Waterman contributed solidly through our 10 game streak. Oscar has shown a bit and looks good but let's see how it plays out.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Jake has had an interrupted preseason. I think categorical statements like this are jumping the gun.

Waterman contributed solidly through our 10 game streak. Oscar has shown a bit and looks good but let's see how it plays out.
I'm categorically stating that Allen is a far superior player to Waterman. There's no shame in that and there's every chance Waterman has a role to play in our best 22 in the future but Allen is clearly the better player.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I have a feeling Waterman may get the nod over Allen due to seniority.

If Kennedy plays Waterman is a dead set chance to play ahead of Oallen. Allen has been played close to goals because he’s first in line to replace Kennedy.

Waterman’s future is further from goals than Allen’s. Waterman looks stronger over the ball than last year and that should help him compete for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm categorically stating that Allen is a far superior player to Waterman. There's no shame in that and there's every chance Waterman has a role to play in our best 22 in the future but Allen is clearly the better player.
Is far superior? That's strong language.

His potential looks really good but he has proven nothing.

I presume you are sponsoring Oallen? Can't tell on tapa.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
If Kennedy plays Waterman is a dead set chance to play ahead of Oallen. Allen has been played close to goals because he’s first in line to replace Kennedy.

Waterman’s future is further from goals than Allen’s. Waterman looks stronger over the ball than last year and that should help him compete for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playing Allen gives us more versitility though, can throw him back at times to play third tall if we need to.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Is far superior? That's strong language.

His potential looks really good but he has proven nothing.

I presume you are sponsoring Oallen? Can't tell on tapa.
Just bullish on Allen, he's the better play already and he's only played a handful of games. Waterman should start training as a backman imo.

Just bullish on Allen, he's the better play already and he's only played a handful of games. Waterman should start training as a backman imo.
I agree, Waterman could develop into a Grant Birchall type.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
The problem with Waterman is that at WAFL level he becomes a traditional KPF rather than that HFF that pushes down the ground. He's got a great tank on him and if he does that play a genuine KPF role for our reserves, he should atleast push down the ground as a CHF (Nick Reiwoldt style).

Back