Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Defender are aids this year. Seagull overpriced, Laird got Brodie and Wayne on his hammer, Simmo about to be put into a nursing home, talk of Whitfield being thrown around like the special kid's lunchbox. Petition for SC to let us have the hairline at D1-D6?

and what a razor sharp hairline it is.

Wouldn't put too much trust with Ess players, mainly to do with Worsfolds coaching. If he doesn't know what he's doing what hope have we got.
He will play Baguley every game but I don't think that helps anyone, he will rotate the rest fortnightly. I'd be looking elsewhere.

Will get more midfield time and average 105+. Bank on it.
I have no doubt at all he'll end the year averaging 100 minimum, I just need to raise funds to strengthen other areas, so at this stage, he's out

Had a chat with Alex Witherden at the Lions family day today and asked him about his kick in duties. Said he would most likely share the role with Richy. Also said it makes sense to play on out of the square most times (depending on the circumstances) as it’s ‘free territory’. Just a little bit of info for anyone considering starting him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have been keen on newman - think he is likely to be stepping up a gear this year and good value. but now wondering if he is worth the extra $100k over Roberton?

Tinkering with going very very cheap in the backline to help out the weak forward rookie options this year.

Like: Williams, Smith, Roberton, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma as a starting 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tinkering with going very very cheap in the backline to help out the weak forward rookie options this year.

Like: Williams, Smith, Roberton, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma as a starting 6.

i like it, was thinking something similar, was gonna go with ridley at d4 instead of scrimshaw tho as im scared clarko will be clarko as per usual with his rookies.

What's the go with Mills?
Missed today's game, but was he playing mid or did he cover Lloyd in defence?

Neither. Was playing an accountable half back role for the most part. Was only able to get off the chain a little because lets be honest GC dont really have anyone to man up on.

i like it, was thinking something similar, was gonna go with ridley at d4 instead of scrimshaw tho as im scared clarko will be clarko as per usual with his rookies.

I lik Ridley and word out of the club is they rate him very, very highly. See him up on a wing eventually but a natural half back at the moment.

We have a plethora of guys with question marks over there fitness and guile so can definitely see him either a) playing a dozen games in a row or b) playing 4 games for the year,

People complaining about the forward line but how can you like the defenders?

The top 3:
Shakey as in JLT: Sicily, Laird
Limited vision (important due to new rules): Lloyd

Of the next rung:
Old: Simpson, Hurn, Shaw
Injured: Docherty, Blakely
Interrupted Pre-season: Crisp
Positional uncertainty: Whitfield
KPD stuffed under new rules: Rance, Hurley, Howe, McGovern, Ryan, Andrews

Roll the dice on mid price:
Witherden, Short, Milera, Mills, Hibberd, Newman, McGrath, Roberton, Smith, Moore

The one true lock:
Williams

At least the forward line you have Danger and Heeney as a walk up lock and you only have to make 1-2 picks. Outside of Williams the defense is a lottery

Why is Williams a lock?

Had a natural career increase from 2015 to 2017 of 69.6, 88.2 (breakout), 93.9. 117 and 77 in his 2 finals games last year (97 av). 407k. Very hard not to pick him in my opinion - although it's come down to B.Crouch at M6 or Z.Williams at D3 for me. Crouch the higher scorer but injury risk and less likely to finish in his categories top bracket (10 for Williams, 12 for Crouch). Wouldn't say he is a lock but that's probably more of a throwaway, subjective phrase. No player is a `lock` technically.

Had a natural career increase from 2015 to 2017 of 69.6, 88.2 (breakout), 93.9. 117 and 77 in his 2 finals games last year (97 av). 407k. Very hard not to pick him in my opinion - although it's come down to B.Crouch at M6 or Z.Williams at D3 for me. Crouch the higher scorer but injury risk and less likely to finish in his categories top bracket (10 for Williams, 12 for Crouch). Wouldn't say he is a lock but that's probably more of a throwaway, subjective phrase. No player is a `lock` technically.

Good summary

Currently have both B.Crouch (M5) and Z.Williams (D3).

I was actually leaning towards Newman as someone who will be a key playmaker at Carlton. Looking more at what Z.Williams has produced across his career is tipping me toward the Giant more.

People complaining about the forward line but how can you like the defenders?

The top 3:
Shakey as in JLT: Sicily, Laird
Limited vision (important due to new rules): Lloyd

Of the next rung:
Old: Simpson, Hurn, Shaw
Injured: Docherty, Blakely
Interrupted Pre-season: Crisp
Positional uncertainty: Whitfield
KPD stuffed under new rules: Rance, Hurley, Howe, McGovern, Ryan, Andrews

Roll the dice on mid price:
Witherden, Short, Milera, Mills, Hibberd, Newman, McGrath, Roberton, Smith, Moore

The one true lock:
Williams

At least the forward line you have Danger and Heeney as a walk up lock and you only have to make 1-2 picks. Outside of Williams the defense is a lottery
What about Luke Ryan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back