FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2019

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rubbish show. 90% of it's audience suffer through it because they are addicted to footy, not because they enjoy it.

Luckily Fox comes with IQ, so i have it on series record and watch prolly between 10-12 minutes of the show a night and fast forward the utter rubbish - you know, Gerard preaching, Robinson mumbling incoherently, Gerard flogging s**t AFL merch, crap promo ads etc etc etc.

It will be rubbish again this year, but yeah.....fast forward is your friend.

I usually watch first 10-15 mins then change channel when coaches, players and Kingy and McLure come on.

Desperate need of changing format. I’ve said it before but they need to try and get two different coaches each week.

Also bring in a guest, maybe another journo, to discuss football further with Gerard and Robbo. Also rotating group of 6-8 players.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Monday is the one I watch regularly so glad to hear Richardson ain't coming back. Coaches will never give much away but you gotta get someone in who is articulate and/or has a personality. Scott is articulate, who else can they get on there from Victoria? Someone like Simon Goodwin would be just as bad as Richardson. I wonder if Dimma would be up for it (doesn't mind a gag).

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Monday is the one I watch regularly so glad to hear Richardson ain't coming back. Coaches will never give much away but you gotta get someone in who is articulate and/or has a personality. Scott is articulate, who else can they get on there from Victoria? Someone like Simon Goodwin would be just as bad as Richardson. I wonder if Dimma would be up for it (doesn't mind a gag).
Need a coach that is articulate and whilst not giving anything away can discuss the game with depth.

Nathan Buckley an obvious. But he’s done his time.

The best ones are when they can talk about the game (it direction) etc with a real depth.

Unfortunately Alan Richardson was dull. And he lacked the gravitas to make it must watch.

Clarkson is very interesting to listen to, when he gets going, but he’s a big umm and ahh talker which is not ideal. But has the standing and gravitas to over come that side of things.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Monday should be guest free. Enough to talk about.
Coaches on Tuesday and rotate them even if some by video from other states. As it is Tuesday and weekend starting to fade the conversations canbe more general about issues in the game rather than just their team.
Wednesday can be players and again rotate a group of 5-6 and Thursday can be people like king, McClure, etc

But Robbo needs to have a weekly Monday segment called the rant. Where he just goes off

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Monday should be guest free. Enough to talk about.
Coaches on Tuesday and rotate them even if some by video from other states. As it is Tuesday and weekend starting to fade the conversations canbe more general about issues in the game rather than just their team.
Wednesday can be players and again rotate a group of 5-6 and Thursday can be people like king, McClure, etc

But Robbo needs to have a weekly Monday segment called the rant. Where he just goes off

This is what I don't get. You've got 9 games and the various issues they entail to dissect, why the * do we need the coaches? I actually like listening to Chris Scott (Articulate, not afraid to speak his mind) but not on Mondays please.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Within the first 10 mins, Robbo tries to explain the procedure of Dylan Roberton's heart as an installation of a defibrillator. When instantly corrected by Gerard he goes with "nah it's not that, it's a heart ticky county thing."

Don't expect anything better between now and October. Geoff Lemon's scathing and now famous blistering of the faults of Channel 9s cricket coverage in 2015 used the expression "deliberate idiocy" and that expression for some reason struck a chord with me. It applies here. Robbo has more or less had 5-months off from somehow being the #1 football writer for the country's biggest paper and co-host of the flagship show on a channel 100% devoted to the game. It's the first show and Roberton's health was obviously going to come up after a predictably lacklustre weekend of scratch matches. Five minutes on Google would have been suffice to find out the issue with Roberton's heart, but not only does he not do that, he demonstrates no knowledge of what a defibrillator is/does and waves it off basically calling the deivice as a thingamajig.

Yet Fox and Robbo laughs off his lack of research and preparation as somehow being funny. The audience and the game deserve better than this buffoon.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
I personally don't want to hear Robbo's half baked interpretation of medicine/physiology on 360 - I tune in because I mostly like him and Gerard. They should get a doctor on if they want actual discussion on the issue, certainly that would be more robust than Robbo doing 5 minutes on google. I think he's better off not trying to be anything he's not.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Unfortunately, they've turned into cheerleaders for the players, just like most other footy shows.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Holy hell, Whateley is insufferable now. He wants change now, now, NOW. Even when Jordan Lewis told him about his players would prefer to play the Granny as early as possible he kept pushing to ask a hypothetical about how he'd feel in a few years time when he's a spectator.
Even his face is horrible with that self satisfied smugness.
Awful voice, Whiney.

I turn him off immediately now, used to not mind bits and pieces, now it’s straight off.

NB as a race caller, I’ve always found him worse than toxic, screams too much, terrible cadence. Is accurate though, but the bad negatives outweigh the one positive.

Back