Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not a must have, but he's pretty close
With Titch gone, I like the look of him at M1

I've decided Macrae or Grundy have to go, can't afford both without compromise city taking over

Will Dumb Sheet be a top 10 mid? What about BCrouch or Libba? If the answer is no then what is the value of starting more than 1? Especially with all the premo and rookie options available. And with people going with Roberton, Smith,Mills, Newman etc in the backs and Greene, Worpel etc in fwds.
Too many midpricers means too many trades needed.
I mean I've already got Smith, Roberton and Greene. Any more than 1 mid midpricer is overkill if you've got midpricers elsewhere.
I don't get all the love for players off 1/2 meaningless, low intensity, bruise free preseason games.

Good call, however, these mid pricers are garnering us both (overall) points and money that similar rookies would earn us. Furthermore, they have the potential to possibly be a keeper (ala Libba, B.Crouch).

Worry with Sheed is, when he is crap he is poor.

In the preceeding 3 season, he has only scored between 85 - 100 three times. Which suggests consistency is a problem for young Dom. Good luck to the people trying him but it's a no for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an effort to back up MPM with some kind of logic, let's crowdsource the season averages for the following JLT midfield wonders (I'll start, please replace with your own and anyone you think should get a look in):

Walsh = 80
Cousins = 75
Libba = 90
Sheed = 100
Rocky = 105
BCrouch = 105
Steele = 110
Brayshaw = 110
Sloane = 105
Zerrett = 105

In an effort to back up MPM with some kind of logic, let's crowdsource the season averages for the following JLT midfield wonders (I'll start, please replace with your own and anyone you think should get a look in):

Walsh = 80
Cousins = 75
Libba = 90
Sheed = 100
Rocky = 105
BCrouch = 105
Steele = 110
Brayshaw = 110
Sloane = 105
Zerrett = 105
Last 4 aren't midpricers.
Pretty close to the mark, I would say Dumb Sheet and Rocky go 95 though and Brayshaw 105 - 110

Walsh = 80
Cousins = 75
Libba = 90
Sheed = 100
Rocky = 105
BCrouch = 105
Steele = 110
Brayshaw = 110
Sloane = 105
Zerrett = 105
Can’t see Steele going near a 110 average over a full season, but the rest are reasonable. Maybe downgrade Sheed and Rockliff by 5-10. Brouch the big, arousing unknown.

Oliver and Cogs.
Oliver and Coniglio

both saying the same, and the same as I have... finally I'm getting on the right track with this jumble of a team

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back