Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Somehow l don’t think his grandchildren are still alive, they be what 150yrs old plus, maybe great, great grandchildren.
Indeed they are.
Two of them in their 90s.

John Tyler has many many children, I think something like 15.
He had children even late in life, in his 70s.
One of his children, that he had when he was old, likewise had a child very late in his life (70s or so too) and hence it really works out (70 plus 70 plus 90 gives you 230 years which takes you back to at least approximately circa 1761 when Tyler was born it was 1790 so we have years to spare so to speak).

For trivia buffs John Tyler was also the first President to ascend from the Vice Presidency after the death of a sitting President (Henry Harrison).

He (Tyler) ensured he was only referred to as Mr President and returned unopened any mail addressed as Mr Acting President.

I could see them debuting him later this season and i think he will probably be the more successful of the 2 brothers at afl level,he has some size and also some ability just needs experience.
He looks bigger than his dad and his dad went alright for a skinny kid.

Well l am wrong there, forgot about late in life children, sorry saintly
No issue from me, (pun intended; I made a funny) :D
Just a weird trivia factoid.
Quite amazing.

Daicos will be a gun ..

He's got lovely skills, but I worry about his combination of a lack of size and strength and middle of the road pace. To me he has to work on his tank as I see outside midfielder as his most suitable role and that's a role for blokes with elite endurance. Either that or develop the strength to match it on the inside. Either way, I think he's a couple of years away from physically being able to cement himself in a role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i noticed some sports blogging independent contractor thingy referred to the "Callum Brown" mark in the VFL and proceeded to post a pic with the number 34 clearly on the high flying players back.....maybe toovs is making a comeback..

He's got lovely skills, but I worry about his combination of a lack of size and strength and middle of the road pace. To me he has to work on his tank as I see outside midfielder as his most suitable role and that's a role for blokes with elite endurance. Either that or develop the strength to match it on the inside. Either way, I think he's a couple of years away from physically being able to cement himself in a role.

Strength (and to a degree power/explosiveness) takes less time to develop than endurance. There's enormous potential in him, and I don't believe that his lack of pace will hold him back. I agree about him needing another year or 2 to develop that strength and burst.

Emergency for the seniors! I know we have some injuries but considering he has been one of those injuries it's a fair effort and even a little surprising, keep hearing he could be anything and obviously the club agrees

Emergency for the seniors! I know we have some injuries but considering he has been one of those injuries it's a fair effort and even a little surprising, keep hearing he could be anything and obviously the club agrees
Yeah but odd got 13 kicks on the weekend and in-line to play seniors. The things he does he looks good and I believe he can become a very good AFL player but think he shouldn’t be in senior contention

When you look at the VFL team we're a little light on for alternatives.

Collingwood
B: 31. F. Appleby, 47. M. Keane, 67. M. Smith
HB: 6. T. Goldsack, 44. J. Madgen, 73. A. Oxley
C: 64. C. Lane, 34. T. Brown, 49. J. Noble
HF: 29. T. Broomhead, 59. S. Glover, 63. C. Wellings
F: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 43. A. Tohill, 54. A. Gallucci
R: 45. M. Lynch, 50. A. Woodward, 56. C. Hustwaite
Int: 39. B. Crocker, 26. J. Daicos, 53. J. Hellier, 61. S. Hetherington, 35. I. Quaynor, 12. M. Scharenberg, 51. L. Tardrew, 48. T. Wilson
23P: 74. R. Smith

When you look at the VFL team we're a little light on for alternatives.

Collingwood
B: 31. F. Appleby, 47. M. Keane, 67. M. Smith
HB: 6. T. Goldsack, 44. J. Madgen, 73. A. Oxley
C: 64. C. Lane, 34. T. Brown, 49. J. Noble
HF: 29. T. Broomhead, 59. S. Glover, 63. C. Wellings
F: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 43. A. Tohill, 54. A. Gallucci
R: 45. M. Lynch, 50. A. Woodward, 56. C. Hustwaite
Int: 39. B. Crocker, 26. J. Daicos, 53. J. Hellier, 61. S. Hetherington, 35. I. Quaynor, 12. M. Scharenberg, 51. L. Tardrew, 48. T. Wilson
23P: 74. R. Smith

We have 15 listed players in that squad and I’d be confident about 3 of them could play a role if called upon. I don’t know what to make of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back