List Mgmt. 2019 trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not both? Himmelburg is an upgrade on Hartigan/Keath.
Trade Carlton’s first to Collingwood for Grundy and go all out for a premiership.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Laird ~ Himmelburg ~ Smith
Sloane ~ M.Crouch ~ Seedsman
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Jones
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Fogarty
Grundy ~ B.Crouch ~ Gibbs
Greenwood ~ Milera ~ Atkins
Galluci
How much room do we have in our cap?

Just spitballng but if we are still interested, would the carlton 2nd rounder be enough to trade for him?

It would go close, but it would depend on this year. He kicked 29 goals in 24 games last year as a 3rd year player. That's definitely promising.

Being out of contract reduces his trade value a little, but if he stars this year that could change the picture.

If a fire burned in Ogilvie for Harry in his draft year as a unknown entity, you better believe that fire burns even brighter now!

It wouldn’t surprise me if we looked to make moves on that front. Would undoubtably create a fair logjam of talent in the KP stakes though. Could see some past stalwarts look elsewhere for more opportunity/$$$.

And with the 666 probably increasing the scoring and subsequently the value of the big boys, the value of proven KPD and KPF is potentially gonna sky rocket... Could be the time we cash in!

Last edited:
For all the talls forwards GWS had they're stocks are relatively low and will make it harder

Out of contract players GWS 2019 Coniglio, Kelly, Hopper, Himmelberg,Tomlinson, Deledio may cause a bit of salary cap issues again.

Why not both? Himmelburg is an upgrade on Hartigan/Keath.
Trade Carlton’s first to Collingwood for Grundy and go all out for a premiership.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Laird ~ Himmelburg ~ Smith
Sloane ~ M.Crouch ~ Seedsman
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Jones
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Fogarty
Grundy ~ B.Crouch ~ Gibbs
Greenwood ~ Milera ~ Atkins
Galluci
Stop with the Grundy fantasy, he's not coming back to Adelaide

The time for trading has probably passed for us I think, unless we're talking about bringing in sub 23yo talent, which Himmelberg does fit, probably as a defender to start with though.

I'd think our focus needs to probably be draft more so than trade, so there's talent coming through to replace some of the older brigade.

My worry from a Himmelberg perspective is potentially Elliot going the other way. A more immediate need from that perspective. Does Elliot want to wait another 2-3 years for Jenkins to retire before he genuinely gets a shot?

The time for trading has probably passed for us I think, unless we're talking about bringing in sub 23yo talent, which Himmelberg does fit, probably as a defender to start with though.

I'd think our focus needs to probably be draft more so than trade, so there's talent coming through to replace some of the older brigade.

My worry from a Himmelberg perspective is potentially Elliot going the other way. A more immediate need from that perspective. Does Elliot want to wait another 2-3 years for Jenkins to retire before he genuinely gets a shot?
EH didn't look out of place in his game last year. I'm going to enjoy seeing how he's developing this year

Would be a fantastic get. Can play forward or back. Extremely mobile and great skills for such a big lad, good footy IQ.

Keath injury prone and Brain Fartigan unreliable, with an ageing Talia, although all 3 are the wrong side of 27. HH would be a welcome addition to our backline/tall stocks in general. I'd be pretty happy to give up 19 for a known talent such as HH, with maybe a 3rd or 4th coming back our way. Think it's a much higher risk going to the draft, and HH would come ready made.

Would be a fantastic get. Can play forward or back. Extremely mobile and great skills for such a big lad, good footy IQ.

Keath injury prone and Brain Fartigan unreliable, with an ageing Talia, although all 3 are the wrong side of 27. HH would be a welcome addition to our backline/tall stocks in general. I'd be pretty happy to give up 19 for a known talent such as HH, with maybe a 3rd or 4th coming back our way. Think it's a much higher risk going to the draft, and HH would come ready made.
So Himmelberg drafted at #16 after we put in a bid in the 2015 National Draft now a highly proven product with likely 60 games under his belt at season's end would be procurable for a pick in the 19 - 23 range with a 3rd or 4th coming back to us? I'm not seeing GWS being too keen on that deal for a proven tall with it all in front of him.

Edit : Also the 2019 draft class doesn't look over flush with many decent tall prospects this far out.

Last edited:
So Himmelberg drafted at #16 after we put in a bid in the 2015 National Draft now a highly proven product with likely 60 games under his belt at season's end would be procurable for a pick in the 19 - 23 range with a 3rd or 4th coming back to us? I'm not seeing GWS being to keen on that deal for a proven tall with it all in front of him.

Yeah s**t, forgot he was at high as 16. For some reason thought he ended up being 19. You're right, 19 even just on it's own may not even be enough (although he is OOC).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GWS straight swapped HH for pick 19, we would be beyond 'start the car' territory.

The bloke is a gun athletic, mobile key position player that can genuinely play at both ends of the ground and pinch hit through the midfield.

I rate him as high or higher than I ever did McGovern

Petty from Melbourne is one we should be tracking. Given how they've loaded up on tall defenders in recent years, it's difficult to see him getting significant opportunities there (though they currently have a few out).

HH is out of contract and his brother plays for us its not out of the realms of possibility, Pick 19 is a bit low but hey we've been reemed by this before, hell they gave scully away for a bag of chips.

If he wants out pick 19 is ok value when you consider what we did with ours last year.

Club talked about investing in our list and the number of players re signed. Doubt we have a pile of money sitting around.

Small forward was one list gap we had. This offseason has hopefully addressed it.

Ruckman is the other. I’d happily trade pick 20 for someone competitive. Hawks trading a late first for McEvoy a good example of that.

KPP - no. Not unless there’s a surprise Tex retirement coming up or something weird happening. We are set for 2-3 years up forward and in defence. HH is better than Jenkins/Hartigan/Keath but not by enough to be worth the price.

Club talked about investing in our list and the number of players re signed. Doubt we have a pile of money sitting around.

Small forward was one list gap we had. This offseason has hopefully addressed it.

Ruckman is the other. I’d happily trade pick 20 for someone competitive. Hawks trading a late first for McEvoy a good example of that.

KPP - no. Not unless there’s a surprise Tex retirement coming up or something weird happening. We are set for 2-3 years up forward and in defence. HH is better than Jenkins/Hartigan/Keath but not by enough to be worth the price.
Himmelberg would be nice but I’m with you, we desperately need a ruck, a ruckman has to be our priority.

If GWS straight swapped HH for pick 19, we would be beyond 'start the car' territory.

The bloke is a gun athletic, mobile key position player that can genuinely play at both ends of the ground and pinch hit through the midfield.

I rate him as high or higher than I ever did McGovern
Funny enough it would be giving them back the pick we got from them in our bargain trade... which would be another bargain that I can't see happening & would require us to add something else.

HH is out of contract and his brother plays for us its not out of the realms of possibility, Pick 19 is a bit low but hey we've been reemed by this before, hell they gave scully away for a bag of chips.

If he wants out pick 19 is ok value when you consider what we did with ours last year.
This might have something to do with it I reckon!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/to...y/news-story/a3742fcac7b166a20296329e3f1bb53a

There are serious doubts whether Scully will ever be able to play at the level again, especially with endurance being his best asset.

Himmelberg would be nice but I’m with you, we desperately need a ruck, a ruckman has to be our priority.

Eh there are a few cheap rucks around the place if need be. Equally I'd rather not be caught with our dick in our hand by being too cute with trying to attract people here. Especially ones with high ceilings.

Eh there are a few cheap rucks around the place if need be. Equally I'd rather not be caught with our dick in our hand by being too cute with trying to attract people here. Especially ones with high ceilings.
Then why didn’t we get one this year?

We need a quality ruck, not just an average one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back