News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldnt we have some sort of power given we just signed a 30yr deal? AFL should be the preference or am i thinking to selfish.

We had first call on dates when the fixture was decided last year (which will continue while the SFS is being rebuilt) and will have first call if there is a finals clash between AFL and NRL, unlike at Homebush. But we can't tell the SCG Trust who they can and can't book for use of the ground.

At the very least out of all this we gain a proper training ground by around mid year. Doubt we would of got that otherwise

We had first call on dates when the fixture was decided last year (which will continue while the SFS is being rebuilt) and will have first call if there is a finals clash between AFL and NRL, unlike at Homebush. But we can't tell the SCG Trust who they can and can't book for use of the ground.

At the very least out of all this we gain a proper training ground by around mid year. Doubt we would of got that otherwise

What would happen if the ground was ruled unfit for AFL play?

d.jpg

What would happen if the ground was ruled unfit for AFL play?

We would have grounds to seek compensation under our rental agreement, as we would be forced to either move such a match to a smaller venue such as Spotless if available but I doubt it will even come to that as the AFL passed Homebush fit for play time and time again.

This will only be an issue after Rugby Union matches due to their scrums ripping up the turf, not so much with League.

I just think the natural progression of our defence has been interrupted over the years with AJ & then Aliir in 2016 GF jyst when he was hot & then Melican last season after a great 2017. It happens but Could you imagine a solid backlune with AJ, Melican, Aliir, playing 70 or so games together. The same thing happened up forward where we were lucky to have seen more than 20 games with all of Buddy, Tippo & Reid playing up forward in tbe one team.

It's the bad luck that reduces your chances of winning the ultimate.

A friend that coached Maibaum's team mate in the U18's Joshua Begley, had said we were after Begley but the Bombers got in before us but we were extremely happy to take Maibaum who we rated highly as well.
I guess from that point I always thought he would make it down back for us & he still will but this just doesn't help.
Hopefully Melican progresses well this year but it would be nice to have Maibaum come along too. s**t happens.

Its unfortunate we are a big club 60k+ members but dont generate anywhere near the profits of some of the big Vic clubs.
Pokies are huge money spinners.

A completely disgusting & immoral investment that any "club" (for the benefit of it's community) should hold as far as I'm concerned ...

Profit making ventures, sure, go for it... But don't take the advantages of being an "association" or "club" & then pretend to care about community & your members while also promoting/investing & supporting pokies. That's a completely hypocritical position IMO.

Those clubs' members should feel utterly disgusted their club values a new training facility over peoples lives.

I commend us on not seeking cheap unethical profit like gutter feeding scum.

Pokies are huge money spinners.

A completely disgusting & immoral investment that any "club" (for the benefit of it's community) should hold as far as I'm concerned ...

Profit making ventures, sure, go for it... But don't take the advantages of being an "association" or "club" & then pretend to care about community & your members while also promoting/investing & supporting pokies. That's a completely hypocritical position IMO.

Those clubs' members should feel utterly disgusted their club values a new training facility over peoples lives.

I commend us on not seeking cheap unethical profit like gutter feeding scum.
There not illegal ! I hate them though.

There not illegal ! I hate them though.
Of course they are not illegal mate.

And it makes financial sense to invest in them.

But I dislike the idea clubs & associations (supposedly for the benefit of their members) invest in them... despite the ultimate impact being a financial winfall for the club/assoc. at the expense of those very members it purports to ultimately be in operation for.

Of course they are not illegal mate.

And it makes financial sense to invest in them.

But I dislike the idea clubs & associations (supposedly for the benefit of their members) invest in them... despite the ultimate impact being a financial winfall for the club/assoc. at the expense of those very members it purports to ultimately be in operation for.
They have to distribute a certain amount to the local community.

They have to distribute a certain amount to the local community.
Sure. I'm actually not against Pokies as an investment... I would be a hypocrite if I was (I have clients heavily invested into them & I have supported that investment on financial grounds).

My point really is about the structure, image & nature of the entity investing in them... more-so where that entity really pushes their "family/community values" despite investing in something which is clearly a community/family issue... such as some of the footy clubs investing in them.

I see it like the health food shop that also sells smokes. Or the kids sports centre that only sells junk food.

Your goal as an entity doesn't match your investments.

Buttttr.... I'm very sorry but I've dragged this way off topic now.

Clearly the ground was a mess. I hope the AFL use their sway to push for greater ground maintenance throughout the season.

I think Blacktown might very well be hosting a few extra games this season if this is the regular result of union games at the SCG...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...e/news-story/4ab06d9b2c3335711fabac98b19ddd79

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back