Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry had disposed of the ball and then was hit by May.
It was a wilful and unnecessary strike, resulting in concussion.
It deserves a suspension, under current rules, say two weeks.
The AFL has highlighted the incident.
I'm still amazed incidents off the ball are not considered any worse than incidents when player has possession.

1 week seems right, 2 because it was well off the ball and the AFL should put more weight on these gutless wonders.

We have looked fairly sluggish in both practice matches, blues have improved so we need to be ready come opening bounce. I can see round 1 being closer than a lot think
It always is however I’m comfortable we had 2 hit outs against quality oppo that are fresh from finals in 2018 and plenty to take out

I can see it know...
R1, Carlscum get a roll on in the first Q because of the maggotts inconsistency with frees...
TLynch gets illegally tackled and re-injuries his knee, and is out for the rest of the year...
Dusty and Grimes both do hammys trying to lift the tigers...
Cotch gets reported for striking Cripps after a late tackle from Cripps drives him head first into the ground...leaves the field concussed...
We lose by 5 points...

I can see it know...
R1, Carlscum get a roll on in the first Q because of the maggotts inconsistency with frees...
TLynch gets illegally tackled and re-injuries his knee, and is out for the rest of the year...
Cotch gets reported for striking Cripps after a late tackle from Cripps drives him head first into the ground...leaves the field concussed...
We lose by 5 points...
Reported

I can see it know...
We lose by 5 points...
Go to the nearest draw in your kitchen

Pull your willy out and hang it in the draw

Then slam that draw shut

:mad::mad::mad:

The fwd can now push block or hold but the defender cant. Thats why the comparisons with previous defenders of yesteryear is unfair, if we are to compare rules v rules.
Except for that Hawk defender that pushed one of our players square in the back in the 2nd quarter, can't remember player names as I was under the influence.

Of course we play to a different rule set to the other teams, is it a coincidence there is a Geelong flog making the rules in the two years our differential is worst by a long way, f@cking conspiracy:mad:

Carlton will play out of their skins like they usually do. The difference between playing Carlton fresh, full of false hope and fit in round one compared to playing them in about round 8 when reality is setting in is huge.
Tough to give them a smacking in round one it’s when they are their absolute peak!
No way we will thrash them, I’ll just take a win and no injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see it know...
We lose by 5 points...

This is exactly what will happen but we will win by our regulation 6 goals.

Just for once I’d love to see us bury these campaigners by 100. We never ever get them twice a year. Except this year. So I’d like to see it twice. Thx.

Yeah, the AFL media and Fox Footy have already done a pretty good job of getting Liam Shiels suspended for Round 1. Just an interesting double standard at play with Jack Riewoldt vs Kaiden Brand. e.g. I wonder what the reaction would've been if James Sicily did the exact same thing to Alex Rance and Rancey went off with an ankle injury

If Sicily punched Rance in the guts and he went off with an ankle injury? How does that happen...? :think:

If Sicily punched Rance in the guts and he went off with an ankle injury? How does that happen...? :think:

Haven't you heard that Hawthorn nursery rhyme Muz 'the angle bone is connected to the wrist bone, the wrist bone is connected to hip bone, the ...........'

It's a classic around Glenferrie, never the same twice, they just make it up

Carlton will play out of their skins like they usually do. The difference between playing Carlton fresh, full of false hope and fit in round one compared to playing them in about round 8 when reality is setting in is huge.
Tough to give them a smacking in round one it’s when they are their absolute peak!
No way we will thrash them, I’ll just take a win and no injuries.
we will win by over 40. bookmark it

Haven't you heard that Hawthorn nursery rhyme Muz 'the angle bone is connected to the wrist bone, the wrist bone is connected to hip bone, the ...........'

It's a classic around Glenferrie, never the same twice, they just make it up
:rolleyes: Jeez, guys. Maybe try reading the thread next time before you do your stand-up comedy routines. We had been discussing the incident when Kaiden Brand got injured after Jack Riewoldt raised his boot and tripped him him mid-air.

Interesting that nothing further was said about it and no action was taken. Jack must've used Lids' or Trent's "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

:rolleyes: Jeez, guys. Maybe try reading the thread next time before you do your stand-up comedy routines. We had been discussing the incident when Kaiden Brand got injured after Jack Riewoldt raised his boot and tripped him him mid-air.

Interesting that nothing further was said about it and no action was taken. Jack must've used Lids' or Trent's "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.
Two words for you, Tom Mitchell...

A few things. Grahams last half showed that he can gut run and get the ball, good sign as we are going to need it. Our midfield is very thin with Cotch and Martin miles above. Prestia is good but there are lots of Prestia types running around. We are really going to need some more strength and speed in the middle. Not sure who will help there as Higgins is good but not fast and Edwards fast but not big... hence the draft Collier Dawkins and Ross, but they aren't ready. Could be a real problem without Caddy and Grigg and nobody coming through the VFL.
I'm a bit of a critic of Butler, but his speed is really important. Mistakes early in the season are normal, but his upside is there if the coaches demand more from him. Same reason I like Markov, and to a lesser extent Menadue. Sure they made some mistakes, but we have Dusty regularly drilling it down the throat of the opposition, so they all make mistakes. But when they get the ball they can clear an area and get the ball moving. Markov has very good carry in his kicks, and can also hit up targets. We have seen what we will get from Ellis, so give Markov a good run at it. Might even be a live wire half forward if he and Weller swapped places at times.
As much as we need Balta in the ruck, he really doesn't know where to run as a forward. He hardly ran at all. He will be the best CHB we have ever had if we played him there.
Rance looks great this season, and moved all over the backline. Made a mistake or two but for a key back his work linking up and at ground level is amazing. Looks really set for a good season. Astbury looks a bit flat, Garthwaite sure picked a bad time to get injured.
Reckon we might struggle a bit early in the season until we get our personal all sorted out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back