Punt rd development

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems weird that the government would pay for the redevelopment of a football club. I know it's common practice but where's the payoff for the tax payers? Wouldn't the state government be better to completely redevelop Richmond station etc?
Probably to win voters more than anything. If party A is going to give Richmond better facilities, I’ll probably vote for them, even if there’s better uses.

Seems weird that the government would pay for the redevelopment of a football club. I know it's common practice but where's the payoff for the tax payers? Wouldn't the state government be better to completely redevelop Richmond station etc?
i think the deal with most is the facilities are supposed to be available for community use at times too. rarely happens.

If a dysfunctional rabble like Carlton receives $35 million in public funding, how much does Richmond deserve?
The best suburban oval redevelopment I saw was the Junction Oval.
They refurbished the two heritage stands, built the new pavilion, and landscaped and refurbished the outer.
To me, it is the gold standard and something we can aspire to.

dude they dont want us to succeed anymore after winning one flag . they are jealous

Surely something need to happen to the bloody car park at PRO.
I envisage an underground carpark for players and staff with public carpark in or around current location.

I do wonder how they are going to incorporate Punt road in all of this?

I envisage an underground carpark for players and staff with public carpark in or around current location.

underground carpark would make the turf hard as a rock like shitihad and #pieshaveinjuries deck. dont think we should * with it

underground carpark would make the turf hard as a rock like shitihad and #pieshaveinjuries deck. dont think we should **** with it
I dont mean under the oval, I mean in the surrounding space outside the exisitng buildings,.

I dont want us to touch the deck either

They could develop the car park space for new buildings, and park undercover at the G, it is just a brief walk.
The McBride Ryan architects would be good.
The northern goal end of the oval is underused too.
The brick building where the museum is located would be worth $5-10 million alone, I would guess.
If Carlton cellar-dweller rabble receives $35 million of public funds, Richmond deserves $50 million.

If a dysfunctional rabble like Carlton receives $35 million in public funding, how much does Richmond deserve?
The best suburban oval redevelopment I saw was the Junction Oval.
They refurbished the two heritage stands, built the new pavilion, and landscaped and refurbished the outer.
To me, it is the gold standard and something we can aspire to.

That's $40m, but has the benefit of being a cricket only hq (having it was essential to VCA agreeing to move Vic games out of the g)

Community contribution is essential now.

We have the KGI, Dons have Paralympians, norf I think is the VIS (??), Carlton off memory is to be a base for women's footy and umpires (really rusty on this - don't quote)

Collingwood was supposed to be available for local punters, but they fully booked the gym so it was impossible for anyone else to use. Govt state/fed/lib/alp won't allow that anymore - unless you're Geelong.

Yep you are warm.

Haere Ra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Morrison planned to be at Punt Road this morning, hasn't made it but the finance minister is here. Potentially agreeing to funding for the redevelopment of Punt Rd
Lnp gonna build a wall around PRO, to stop the oppo getting in!?!
Ok for au pair girls!

Scott Morrison planned to be at Punt Road this morning, hasn't made it but the finance minister is here. Potentially agreeing to funding for the redevelopment of Punt Rd

Hope we haven't hitched our wagon to the federal government. Unless of course the cash comes in before May 18...

No. The Health and Sports Ministers are there re Houli Foundation.

Haere Ra

Club needs to meet with Dan and discuss a redevelopment of Punt Rd and Richmond station. The train station is a mess well overdue for development. A joint concourse over Brunton Ave with cafes and bars joining Pro and the MCG. It would add to the sports precinct. Come on Dan Make Melbourne the most liveable city again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back