Punt rd development

when is the 80 million dollar government funded redevelopment being announced ?

We are going to enter a 99 year lease agreement with the state government for Richmond Station. We will refurbish it with a "Welcome to Tigerland" theme, with revenue streams created from advertising and patron usage. We will have LED signage at all entrances, which will be tailored for certain non Richmond events at the precinct. When LOL Norf lose a Sunday twilight away game against the Dees, we can edit the LED screens to read "I hope the one Norf Member enjoyed their day" or "Dusty is training across the road if you wish to see a good player" or "Marley Williams is a power broker".

Haere Ra

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
The northern side of Punt Road Oval has space to develop a new stand.
The new cancer centre in Parkville is a good building, a curved shape.
McBride Charles Ryan are the architects.
It would be good to see a 3-4 storey building.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Club needs to meet with Dan and discuss a redevelopment of Punt Rd and Richmond station. The train station is a mess well overdue for development. A joint concourse over Brunton Ave with cafes and bars joining Pro and the MCG. It would add to the sports precinct. Come on Dan Make Melbourne the most liveable city again.
Nothing will happen to Richmond station until the metro tunnel is completed.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I have faith that Benny and Peggy have this under control and have a sustainable plan for the future - key word being sustainable.

I don't want to see another PRO development which we outgrow in less than 10 years like the previous one.

I don't think we need multiple ovals etc like Hawthorn, Essendon etc, we just need to utilise all the space possible with facilities that can be upgraded if required.

Leveraging off a Richmond Station upgrade is a great initiative and I saw pictures (attached) of plans gone by which are more of a "stadium" upgrade which I dare say would be off the table now. I don't see how we can have club facilities with a stadium upgrade unless it was all underground? Not sure how that would work.

Being landlocked is a logistical nightmare and we're gonna have use every cm available and innovate - whether that means building up or down, who knows?

Every time I look at the area we have, I tend to think we are extremely handicapped on how we build adequately, seems like there is no room.

KiwiTiger I know you can't say much but can you divulge on whether we have scrapped a "Stadium" build or have opted for purely facilities?... You're gonna say both aren't you? I.e hybrid.
images (1).jpeg
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope they retain Dyer stand to some extent.
Whilst images appear amazing, need to incorporate some historical features to the venue.
We've always prided ourselves on the clubs history.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I have faith that Benny and Peggy have this under control and have a sustainable plan for the future - key word being sustainable.

I don't want to see another PRO development which we outgrow in less than 10 years like the previous one.

I don't think we need multiple ovals etc like Hawthorn, Essendon etc, we just need to utilise all the space possible with facilities that can be upgraded if required.

Leveraging off a Richmond Station upgrade is a great initiative and I saw pictures (attached) of plans gone by which are more of a "stadium" upgrade which I dare say would be off the table now. I don't see how we can have club facilities with a stadium upgrade unless it was all underground? Not sure how that would work.

Being landlocked is a logistical nightmare and we're gonna have use every cm available and innovate - whether that means building up or down, who knows?

Every time I look at the area we have, I tend to think we are extremely handicapped on how we build adequately, seems like there is no room.

KiwiTiger I know you can't say much but can you divulge on whether we have scrapped a "Stadium" build or have opted for purely facilities?... You're gonna say both aren't you? I.e hybrid.
View attachment 634560View attachment 634561
There’s no need to build a 20k stadium that would be a complete waste of money when you consider the volume of crowds that watch vfl and AFLW . Focus needs to be on ammenities for the club admin , players and fans. If they’re clever the club will build amenities that can be utilised out of season as a rev stream , EG function and conference centre

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Whilst images appear amazing, need to incorporate some historical features to the venue.
I agree history is important but I don't think the stand can survive to be honest - just an opinion.

Our history will remain as we will stay at PRO and not Dingley or Tullamarine.
There’s no need to build a 20k stadium that would be a complete waste of money when you consider the volume of crowds that watch vfl and AFLW . Focus needs to be on ammenities for the club admin , players and fans. If they’re clever the club will build amenities that can be utilised out of season as a rev stream , EG function and conference centre
I agree, I would rather go state of the art facilities all around the oval with a small stands to accommodate VFL games.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
ill volunteer to demolish it myself

the xd wagon can fit heaps of s**t in the back

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I imagine no matter the size of the PRO development it will never be big enough for the Firsts to play there...
Guess its for the 2's/others and state of the art amenities only...
There is no reason to even want our senior team to play there. At most it would be for preseason practise games.

We just to utilise the outer for training facilities and club amenities but we need to ensure we get it right and utilise every cm.

parmy2balmey

stay moderated
Sep 15, 2016
under the bain marie
AFL Club
Richmond

if by prided ourselves on the clubs history you mean one statue of jack dyer, a dilapidated grand stand full of possum s**t and a museum run in a basement by an old nuffy out of his own pocket, then yep, the rfc is proud as punch. the only thing about our history the club was proud of was our past success because it doesn’t cost any money

parmy2balmey

stay moderated
Sep 15, 2016
under the bain marie
AFL Club
Richmond
i want the tommy hafey memorial gymnasium
the Titus end
The Richardson end
the kevin bartlett wing
the francis bourke stand
the roger dean gates
bronze statues of all our immortals
a flag pole and a flag flying high for each of our premierships
the Graeme richmond bar
the royal hotel bought and restored or at least a photo by nathan broad on the wall
history? show me some you cheap ass head wobblers

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
the Titus end
The Richardson end
the kevin bartlett wing
the francis bourke stand
the roger dean gates
the Graeme richmond bar
the royal hotel bought and restored or at least a photo by nathan broad on the wall

I’m saying POTY already.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
the Titus end
The Richardson end
the kevin bartlett wing
the francis bourke stand
the roger dean gates
the Graeme richmond bar
and the relton roberts food truck

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
the Titus end
The Richardson end
the kevin bartlett wing
the francis bourke stand
the roger dean gates
the Graeme richmond bar
got room for YazzCuz popup icecream van ?

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s a little bit out there and I’m reluctant to reveal it but I wouldn’t mind if we created an underground indoor training venue the size of the mcg to stop copywood spying on us , prob already on the mix , mods delete if way to sensitive
Shazza_ can organise the grow lights for the grass.

Back