AFL AFL Futures 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

This is laughable, name me one team that doesn't have a 'big forward'
Thank you for the mocking response. Yes most teams have a big forward, but not all teams are no.1 in centre clearances and have the leagues best ruckmen. Additionally not all teams have the 5th highest goal kicker amongst big forwards despite the fact McDonald missed more games than 4 of 5 goal kickers above him. Also some big forwards such as Buddy and McDonald will be more advantaged by the new rules than forwards that score more goals on the lead like Ben Brown.

I could have spelt that out but I thought it was obvious.

But not on the lead right? Just sits back and takes big pack marks.
The rules will advantage both forwards on the lead (no double teaming from centre bounces) and forwards one on one. It might just be me but it seems like Buddy tends to use his hands for that little push off for space more than others. I think of all players he will benefit more than other forwards (if he can get supply). But that's just me.

The rules will advantage both forwards on the lead (no double teaming from centre bounces) and forwards one on one.

Also some big forwards such as Buddy and McDonald will be more advantaged by the new rules than forwards that score more goals on the lead like Ben Brown.

I could have spelt that out but I thought it was obvious.

And here you are telling me that what you've written is obvious?
From what we've seen in the JLT the 6-6-6 rule has resulted in quicker exits from the centre bounce and more balls being kicked forward into a genuine 50/50 contest, but I'll keep my powder dry before making wild assumptions on which team will be better off this year simply because the new rule changes suit 3 of their players.

I seem to recall that in most seasons, a team from outside the 8 makes the top 4.

Who do we see doing this in 2019?

I'm bullish on North and Essendon but see a bumpy road for North for the first few rounds.

I seem to recall that in most seasons, a team from outside the 8 makes the top 4.

Who do we see doing this in 2019?

I'm bullish on North and Essendon but see a bumpy road for North for the first few rounds.

Adelaide seem the hot favs for that and so they should be

Have one of the best 22s on paper for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to bet on us after today.

Which is exactly why we're $2.30.

Collingwood got done by 34 points against Hawthorn
West Coast got done by 29 points against Sydney
Melbourne got done by 3 points against Geelong

Admittedly they all got done by other finalists but $2.30 is a massive over reaction.

Which is exactly why we're $2.30.

Collingwood got done by 34 points against Hawthorn
West Coast got done by 29 points against Sydney
Melbourne got done by 3 points against Geelong

Admittedly they all got done by other finalists but $2.30 is a massive over reaction.

I'd say more like $1.60 pre season was a massive overreaction. The dopers always think they are top 4/flag material in pre-season ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back