Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously living up to ridiculous expectations that the son will automatically be as good as bis great father happens all the time, but I can't think of too many examples of father sons who have performed significantly below their own talent level. So I don't see much evidence of over the top external expectations affecting their football career. I reckon that occurs more often with the expectation on early draft picks, because often the expectations are internal.
Well we differ in our opinions on this at least.

He’ll continue to grow imo. Probably another year where he plays half VFL half AFL. He’s underrated in close with the way he uses his hands. Looking forward to see if he can take the next step this year. Much like Daics.

He’ll continue to grow imo. Probably another year where he plays half VFL half AFL. He’s underrated in close with the way he uses his hands. Looking forward to see if he can take the next step this year. Much like Daics.

I think he's a fair way ahead of Daics. To me, it's still unclear what role is the right one for Daicos. With Brown, I think he's just about ready to go, unfortunately for him, but fortunately for us, they're a tough group of mids to crack into.

I think he's a fair way ahead of Daics. To me, it's still unclear what role is the right one for Daicos. With Brown, I think he's just about ready to go, unfortunately for him, but fortunately for us, they're a tough group of mids to crack into.
It’s funny, for me I am always going to compare them together even though they are completely different players. Probably because of the draft and father son. I have Brown just ahead of Daicos but not by much.

It’s funny, for me I am always going to compare them together even though they are completely different players. Probably because of the draft and father son. I have Brown just ahead of Daicos but not by much.

I personally have Brown well ahead and much more likely to make it. I love Daicos's smoothness, but physically, he worries me. To me, at the moment, he falls a bit into the Broomhead, Sam Dwyer category of balance and cleanliness, but NQR for any role, due to not having the size or strength for many roles, or the pace or gut running ability for the roles that don't require as much strength - small forward, outside mid. Having said that, Thomas really surprised me in that regard last year, as I previously viewed him in a similar way.

He looked like he has improved his penetration in kicking and more flatter too - right or left.

Much more composed with ball in hand to sidestep a player and accelerate.

Good to see he’s developing well.

I am liking all three father sons, all have the 'football instinct'.

Can't wait to see what Kelly brings to the field.
Maggie can you imagine a team with

Brown C
Brown T
Moore
Daicos
Kelly

Be very nostalgic if nothing else.

Ofcourse we are meant to await Daicos N, and Buckley J, Buckley A.

It will be Ayce if they all become Jetts.
Besides nostalgia what we REALLY want is a few to be breakout stars like their dads. Those levels.

We’ve had previously the ok types like Paul Tuddenham, even Jamie Turner.

Need levels like Travis Cloke.

Just imagine a new as good Daicos, Buckley....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides nostalgia what we REALLY want is a few to be breakout stars like their dads. Those levels.

What no Shaw/s?

What's the story with Kelly? Hardly mentioned all preseason.

Bloody Rhyce's kids will be Swans. He only played 94 games for us. Heath's kids will qualify.

Do either of them have kids?
I was referring to Rhyce and Heath. Not sure if either have children as yet.

What's the story with Kelly? Hardly mentioned all preseason.
Had operation pre being drafted or even at that time; so he’s coming along at his own pace.

Suggest we’ll start seeing what he brings at the higher levels next season after a year of being educated to AFL.
And doing the preseason work this year but particularly next preseason.

I was referring to Rhyce and Heath. Not sure if either have children as yet.

I thought you were. I just like the idea of us going into the third generation. Does Cloke have any kids? He was close to Cameron Wood. They'd produce a ruckman with great attributes. He'd probably get lost in the change rooms though.

Have we had a father son grandfather combo?

That is 3 generations particularly a good three players?

Unsure the Pannams and Richards family, that might be a 3 set of generations? Not quite sure.

35Daicos might know if we have this in our history?

Have we had a father son grandfather combo?

That is 3 generations particularly a good three players?

Unsure the Pannams and Richards family, that might be a 3 set of generations? Not quite sure.

35Daicos might know if we have this in our history?
We had Charlie H. Pannam whose sons Charlie E. & Alby C. Pannam, and grandsons Lou and Ron
A. Richards played for us.

We had Charlie H. Pannam whose sons Charlie E. & Alby C. Pannam, and grandsons Lou and Ron
A. Richards played for us.
I knew you’d know.

All three generations were good players.

Dare I say it but Scott Howell completed a three generation grandfather father son premiership sweep.

Scott and father chooka Howell played for Carlton as flag winners with grandad Jack Howell for south Melbourne as a flag winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back