Player Watch Sam McLarty (Delisted 2018)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you not encountered 35Daicos before?
One of our very very best posters.

And has incredible knowledge.

Love reading his posts.

35Daicos

For those interested in such things in the Forums section of big footy there is various history style threads, list threads, all manner of excellent information.
35Daicos is one of the best contributors on it.

Well good on Sam Mclarty if he gets another shot at it.
I think he will go well as a defender. Looked more comfortable there

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well good on Sam Mclarty if he gets another shot at it.
I think he will go well as a defender. Looked more comfortable there
I wish him well wherever he goes.
Should be a nice player for any VFL type side.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see this as a Ceglar/Hawthorn move.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him do really well with the Swans.
Very basic footballer is Ceglar.
Good luck to all those sorts of players, at least they got to play at the highest level.

Very basic footballer is Ceglar.
Good luck to all those sorts of players, at least they got to play at the highest level.

Yep. He was a battler who managed to serviceably fill a role for another club, but I don't understand why us letting go of a battler is commented on so often, especially seeing the rumours were that we let him go for attitude reasons.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. He was a battler who managed to serviceably fill a role for another club, but I don't understand why us letting go of a battler is commented on so often, especially seeing the rumours were that we let him go for attitude reasons.
The below average ones leave I’m meh about it.
It’s not really concerning.

And sometimes when said player gets to a new club the penny really drops, and they pull their finger out.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Ceglar left st a time we needed a solid battler in the 2nd ruck/tall forward position that wasn’t filled until Moore and Cox came along.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck to Sam. Felt he was let go 1-2 years prematurely. Was really flying in the first half of the VFL season til he got a corkie and missed a couple of weeks.

If he gets the go ahead he'll play reserves at Sydney in the NEAFL. Gives him a chance to build confidence and form in a substandard league compared to the VFL.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its very StKilda-ish.

Or Northish.

To North's credit they lowered their sights significantly in 2018 and brought in Polec, Pittard and Tyson.

I know, not exactly world beaters, but at least they didn't walk away empty handed as usual.

And there you have it. The one and only time I'll say "to North's credit".

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
To North's credit they lowered their sights significantly in 2018 and brought in Polec, Pittard and Tyson.

I know, not exactly world beaters, but at least they didn't walk away empty handed as usual.

Fair point, maybe not to their credit....just not debit for a change.

Perhaps "to North's break-even"?

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not sure they lowered their sights too much. They were still after De Goey and Gaff and are paying Polec way overs.

Last year it hit the AM hours for North Melbourne. They'd spent the PM hours over the last two years chasing the most beautiful women at the party. But once they AM hours kicked in, so did desperation and they switched to chasing every woman at the party.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poor Sam.

Yes it’s a shame for him.
Unfortunately he might be one of those players just not quite good enough overall.

Whereas a player like Jack Frost played 50 plus games, McLarty might end with none. Sometimes it’s just that little bit of extra luck. Sam was an emergency a few times for us.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is always the mid-season draft. It would be nice if someone looks at him.
I think they look but unfortunately for him happy to pass.

I’d take him for another year. Would be low salary. We know he’s a top guy and attitude excellent. Knows the group.
He is really tall, strong hands.
Though likely slow for the level required.

And separately, does come across as a ripper bloke.

I think they look but unfortunately for him happy to pass.

I’d take him for another year. Would be low salary. We know he’s a top guy and attitude excellent. Knows the group.
He is really tall, strong hands.
Though likely slow for the level required.

And separately, does come across as a ripper bloke.

I was actually talking about other clubs. That it would be nice if a club can look at picking him up.

Back