Who has the best forward line heading into 2019?

Who will have the best forward line in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephenson has no game other than his speed. Rioli has speed, sublime kicking skills, excellent decision maker, defensive pressure and x factor

Why didn't he win the rising star then? Oh, that's right, because he was 2 years older than the maximum age for eligibility.

Eagles wouldnt trade Rioli.

But lets assume in an alternate universe Rioli asked to go the the Pies and Stephenson asked to be traded to the Eagles.

Straight swap would be an ok break even outcome.:think::think:
No it wouldn’t.

WCE-Rioli is cool but he is more a BGrade Rioli

not Cyril, Daniel tier.

id be taking Stephenson

And when has Daniel ever reached Cyril levels?

Never. Maybe he will but thats in the future.

Willie a B grade Rioli?

Just like the Eagles were a D grade side 12 months ago.

You Vics will never learn!

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Is this an attempt at sarcasm? It's very confusing.

It isnt hard really.

Just pointing out that it is a tad premature to classify Riewaldt and Lynch as better than Kennedy and Darling when they havent even played a single game together.

Edwards is more a mid than a forward and there are plenty of pure medium forwards who have him well covered as a forward.

How many goals has Edwards kicked and help set up compared to a De Goey or a Rioli or a Stephenson?

I agree but anybody mid kicking 38 goals albeit in their debut season is a very impressive feat. It’s the best season a 19 year old has played in the last decade. He is clearly a very capable forward and one that would have a place in every forward line in the competition.
He's already beyond capable as a forward and will get much better as his strength and marking improves. The kid's a freak. Anyone who is suggesting they'd prefer W. Rioli on their list is just fishing. No point in discussing. Can't wait for a few years time when he and Degoey are changing out of the centre square and tearing teams to shreds in both roles.

It isnt hard really.

Just pointing out that it is a tad premature to classify Riewaldt and Lynch as better than Kennedy and Darling when they havent even played a single game together.

Edwards is more a mid than a forward and there are plenty of pure medium forwards who have him well covered as a forward.

How many goals has Edwards kicked and help set up compared to a De Goey or a Rioli or a Stephenson?
Edwards was second in the league for goal assists in 2018....

Willie has played how many seasons compared to Daniel?

Willie played a lot more footy but he did so as a fatty

Im not trying to bag him; he is a nice player and welcome at richmond. We would have three riolis. they could give cuz a call and see if he wants to come out of retirement;

Rioli - Lynch - Rioli
Rioli - Riewoldt - Rioli

And when has Daniel ever reached Cyril levels?

the year in which Daniel was a important piece of the premiership success ?

Willie played a lot more footy but he did so as a fatty

Im not trying to bag him; he is a nice player and welcome at richmond. We would have three riolis. they could give cuz a call and see if he wants to come out of retirement;

Rioli - Lynch - Rioli
Rioli - Riewoldt - Rioli
Who's the 2nd Rioli?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE-Rioli is cool but he is more a BGrade Rioli

not Cyril, Daniel tier.

id be taking Stephenson

Daniel has not shown he is a tier above Willie. Think you are over selling him there. Willie showed in the JLT where he could potentially be headed this season. It was only his debut season last year for god sake.

Daniel has not shown he is a tier above Willie. Think you are over selling them there. Willie showed in the JLT where he could potentially be headed this season.

I dunno that goal of the year he kicked aginst your mob shows pretty clearly that he is a tier above willie

Oh I didn't realize an entire tier is defined by a single goal. And I think you are forgetting that Willie debuted last year.

No but said single goal is one particular example of why he is an entire tier better

The fact he is younger, faster, taller and more athletic adds to this
He had better stats last year in pretty much every major category despite recovering from a broken foot

No but said single goal is one particular example of why he is an entire tier better

The fact he is younger, faster, taller and more athletic adds to this
He had better stats last year in pretty much every major category despite recovering from a broken foot

younger, faster, and taller mean nothing. It's what he does with the ball.

And I would hope that Daniel Rioli had a better year than a DEBUTANT.

younger, faster, and taller mean nothing. It's what he does with the ball.

And I would hope that Daniel Rioli had a better yet than a DEBUTANT.

A mature age debutant
Willie is a good player but we have seen everything he has to offer he’s not going to get bigger, faster or stronger

Daniel on the other hand is still growing and developing

A mature age debutant
Willie is a good player but we have seen everything he has to offer he’s not going to get bigger, faster or stronger

Wait a minute.

Willie Rioli was fat last year and was no where near his peak. And the dude is not 33. He's 23 and has been in the AFL system 1 year.

Daniel Rioli is 2 years younger.

Why is it, that Daniel Rioli will continue to evolve in strength, muscle mass and speed. But Willie Rioli has peaked as a 23 year old in his first year in the competition?

Are you even thinking about what you are saying? What a wild assertion to say a player has peaked physically and with his skills at 23. my god. Did you see what happened to Jack Darling last year? I guess not. Henney turns 23 this year, has he already peaked? What about De Goey?

Last edited:
A mature age debutant

Your kind of right. In a one eyed one dimensional way.

Willie is getting smaller, faster and more agile. And importantly much more dangerous.

Lets just put this little pissing contest aside and we can refresh the debate later in the year.

Lets just agree every side without a Rioli would love to have either of them.

Just trying to understand because I usually rate West Coast fans as pretty level headed.

Are you guys seriously suggesting you don't think Stephenson is better than Rioli? You seriously don't think West Coast would make that trade in a heartbeat?

On Elliott, the bloke has been as injured as anyone yet still manages to be a reliable 2 goal a game player as a small marking forward. Discount him if you like but the bloke is an excellent footballer when fit, which he is now.
No doubt Stephenson is better than Rioli. I wouldn't trade them though, they're not a like for like swap and Rioli suits our game style more than Stephenson would.

A mature age debutant

Whats a small forwards primary role? To kick goals.

Daniel goes at under a goal a game
Willie goes at over a goal a game

Hmm

Whats a small forwards primary role? To kick goals.

Daniel goes at under a goal a game
Willie goes at over a goal a game

Hmm

If only it was that simple

Daniel ave’d More score involvements, tackles and more tackles inside 50 considering Richmond’s game plan you would prefer Daniels output

Back