Not open for further replies.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
According to West Coast Twitter, todays jumpers aren't the jumpers we will be wearing during the WAFL season.

The ones we'll wear have been delayed at the printers.
Yeah i doubt the WAFL would allow us to wear a jumper with an AFL logo on it.

The club confirmed the peril will be worn this season.

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Brady Grey, Matthew Allen, Josh Rotham among West Coast’s best in WAFL trial match against Peel Thunder in Mandurah
MarkDuffield_thumb.png

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Sunday, 10 March 2019 3:32PM

West Coast’s WAFL team has sent a shiver through the rest of the WAFL competition with an emphatic first up win in their practice match against Peel Thunder at David Grays Arena yesterday.

The Eagles beat the Thunder, who are Fremantle’s aligned WAFL team 10.10 (70) to 4.7 (31) in the curtain raiser to the Eagles-Dockers JLT Community Series derby.

Matthew Allen gave West Coast selectors a timely reminder of his ability by kicking two goals and having a hand in two others in the win.

Former Fremantle forward Brady Grey, the Eagles marquee player signing for their team, was also a star and booted three goals while young defender Josh Rotham impressed with his run and ball use from the backline.

West Coast fielded 15 AFL listed players for the game while the Dockers fielded 11, although several of those did not play the full game.

rett Bewley and Scott Jones were pulled out at half time to play in the seniors. Matt Taberner, Lachie Schultz and Cam McCarthy were others who did not play the full game while Fremantle’s first round draft pick from the 2018 national draft Sam Sturt left the field dazed in the third quarter after copping a heavy knock.

Tom North and Mitch Crowden were solid for Peel in the midfield, McCarthy kicked an early goal but was then starved of opportunity. Rookie Tobe Watson was steady in defence and Schultz kicked a goal.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Brady Grey, Matthew Allen, Josh Rotham among West Coast’s best in WAFL trial match against Peel Thunder in Mandurah
MarkDuffield_thumb.png

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Sunday, 10 March 2019 3:32PM

West Coast’s WAFL team has sent a shiver through the rest of the WAFL competition with an emphatic first up win in their practice match against Peel Thunder at David Grays Arena yesterday.

The Eagles beat the Thunder, who are Fremantle’s aligned WAFL team 10.10 (70) to 4.7 (31) in the curtain raiser to the Eagles-Dockers JLT Community Series derby.

Matthew Allen gave West Coast selectors a timely reminder of his ability by kicking two goals and having a hand in two others in the win.

Former Fremantle forward Brady Grey, the Eagles marquee player signing for their team, was also a star and booted three goals while young defender Josh Rotham impressed with his run and ball use from the backline.

West Coast fielded 15 AFL listed players for the game while the Dockers fielded 11, although several of those did not play the full game.

rett Bewley and Scott Jones were pulled out at half time to play in the seniors. Matt Taberner, Lachie Schultz and Cam McCarthy were others who did not play the full game while Fremantle’s first round draft pick from the 2018 national draft Sam Sturt left the field dazed in the third quarter after copping a heavy knock.

Tom North and Mitch Crowden were solid for Peel in the midfield, McCarthy kicked an early goal but was then starved of opportunity. Rookie Tobe Watson was steady in defence and Schultz kicked a goal.
Glad to hear Rotham played well. Hoping he has a big year!

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Some stats from the game:

Backmen Kurt Mutimer (26 disposals, nine rebound 50s, four marks), Josh Rotham (25 disposals, eight marks, four tackles) and Francis Watson (19 disposals, six marks, four tackles) were prolific, while Nelson (21 disposals), Ah Chee (19 disposals), Matt Allen (17 disposals), Josh Smith (17 disposals) and Hamish Brayshaw (16 disposals) led the onball brigade.
First-year Eagles Brodie Riach, Harry Edwards, Bailey Williams and Patrick Bines showed promise, as did experienced recruit Keegan Brooksby, who registered 24 hitouts and 13 disposals.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/...tsNg8w5sDOukFjegcVqNybQfh_j2hENqmHnselkLS0Dfw

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Some stats from the game:

Backmen Kurt Mutimer (26 disposals, nine rebound 50s, four marks), Josh Rotham (25 disposals, eight marks, four tackles) and Francis Watson (19 disposals, six marks, four tackles) were prolific, while Nelson (21 disposals), Ah Chee (19 disposals), Matt Allen (17 disposals), Josh Smith (17 disposals) and Hamish Brayshaw (16 disposals) led the onball brigade.
First-year Eagles Brodie Riach, Harry Edwards, Bailey Williams and Patrick Bines showed promise, as did experienced recruit Keegan Brooksby, who registered 24 hitouts and 13 disposals.

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/...tsNg8w5sDOukFjegcVqNybQfh_j2hENqmHnselkLS0Dfw

Cheers, I have been looking for info on the next scratchie. Assuming it's at Shark Park but don't know what time yet..

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Cheers, I have been looking for info on the next scratchie. Assuming it's at Shark Park but don't know what time yet..
Previous Migual Sanches posts;

There’s a game against the Royals on 23 March

2.15 at Leederville

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Any top up guys likely to make enough of an impression to be draftable
I think brady grey will be a chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Any top up guys likely to make enough of an impression to be draftable
I think brady grey will be a chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder if a few of the boys get inroads to the AFL from being in this team might make the 2nds a bit of a destination club. Playing at Optus, AFL level training and support, networking and business opportunities, etc.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I wonder if a few of the boys get inroads to the AFL from being in this team might make the 2nds a bit of a destination club. Playing at Optus, AFL level training and support, networking and business opportunities, etc.
Maybe a couple but it will help a couple top up players make the grade as WAFL players. expect a couple decent ones to be poached each season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back