Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Has been one patch in its existence where GC actually looked like a not bad team and went on a run towards the end of the year.
Lynch absolutely dominated in that period.

At his best he totally dominated the competition, in a side that’s done * all, and without any real help.

2014-2017 he played 83 games, averaged over 15 touches a game, 6 marks, 2 contested marks (only Hawkins has more), over 2 goals, 1.3 behinds and 1 goal assist. A very basic interpretation of those stats suggest that’s an extra 20 points per game scoring for us, without factoring better team, more freedom next to Jack etc...

I’m so excited by seeing him next to Jack this year.

Last edited:

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Has been one patch in its existence where GC actually looked like a not bad team and went on a run towards the end of the year.
Lynch absolutely dominated in that period.
Yeah back then he had a midfield that could kick the ball to a tall forward ,not the crap we served up in the first half last week .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
the word is round 13

has a lot of fluid in the knee that needs to be drained 3-4 times a day. the fluid keeps coming back
Can confirm.Lynch this morning.
beer.gif

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Have no idea who is capbale of kicking lace out to him

2016 AFL League Total Goal Assists Leaders (Minimum 5 Games Played)

Rank

Player

Team

Games

Total

1​

GWS

23​

28​

2​

23​

27​

3​

23​

25​

4​

24​

24​

4​

23​

24​

4​

22​

24​

7​

25​

23​

7​

24​

23​

9​

25​

22​

9​

24​

22​

9​

GWS

23​

22​

Lynch cant give 'em off to others

Think you are getting his knee & his Penis mixed up here

Will Lynch play in the Ruck this year considering his background?
I am Curious,
No doubt a great addition to a great side,
But the lack of a pre season and learning the Richmond game and style will perhaps take time to gel?

Ps:Moderators remove my post if its deemed offensive to the RFC

I am Curious,
But the lack of a pre season and learning the Richmond game and style will perhaps take time to gel?

I don’t think he will play in the ruck apart from maybe the odd inside 50 ball up

And definitely won’t be taking in centre bounces imo

Like you mentioned with him returning from a knee injury we wouldn’t risk him playing that role just with the amount of strain it can put on players

I don’t think he will play in the ruck apart from maybe the odd inside 50 ball up

And definitely won’t be taking in centre bounces imo

Like you mentioned with him returning from a knee injury we wouldn’t risk him playing that role just with the amount of strain it can put on players

Indeed i think that would be a bad move,
But learning the team plan and how your teammates kick the ball,leading patterns etc will take time,
Eg player x has a great left foot so i head that way?

But learning the team plan and how your teammates kick the ball,leading patterns etc will take time,

Yeah it’s definitely not ideal him having a limited pre season but I guess it’s the same for any player starting at a new club or entering the afl system

A few practice games and two JLT games won’t make a huge amount of difference in the long term

I guess all we can do as supporters is trust in the coaching staff and Tom as an individual to do everything he can

Yes will take time, but when it clicks it will be scary good

Yeah it’s definitely not ideal him having a limited pre season but I guess it’s the same for any player starting at a new club or entering the afl system

A few practice games and two JLT games won’t make a huge amount of difference in the long term

I guess all we can do as supporters is trust in the coaching staff and Tom as an individual to do everything he can

Fair call i would have thought some JLT games or Intra Practice games would have been a bonus.
But as you say and this is so true in the long term his fitness as the no:priorty

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He's been studying his future teammates since he decided 18mnths ago he was ours.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I am Curious,

That’s a fair question. Just a strange post to quote with it but hey who am I to judge :p
My answer with regards to the ruck is I don’t think so. I reckon we’ll want to keep him for his entire contract, and with a dodgy knee I don’t think rucking will help with that. I’d rather put in the durable Riewoldt or Balta if we need it.

Back