Game Day JLT game 2 vs Gold Coast

Of course he isn't yet and may never reach that class but he is one of a group of players who over the years do freaky things. He has potential. But more importantly he has X factor

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Club will look Ronke to be a more reliable goal sneak this year, scoring at least a goal every game, applying tackles and creating goals for others. It would be great if he can have the odd field day when he scored three or more.

Arwib

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders
Happy at admit I was fractionally wrong with AA in the middle, I still don't want him having to do it too often as we need him down back.

I think this might have to change a bit with the forced positional setup at centre bounces. Aliir is no slouch 1 v 1 but as a defender he is particularly good as a spare, and he can't be used in that way at centre bounces any more. His combination of pace, leap, and sheer body length means he can do a few different things, and it looks like going into centre bounces and helping halve the tap and win groundball might be one of the worthwhile tools he has. That one where he gathered and cleared himself after Witts failed to get a clean tap was very good stuff.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm wondering when the praise for Horse will kick in after this JLT match? People were quick to lay the boots in after the first JLT game, where apparently there weren't enough changes or bold moves made. This game he injected necessary pace into the midfield (Jones, Papley), unleashed guys like Clarke and Dawson on the ball more, threw the dynamic Aliir into the ruck to help with our clearances.

Yet no praise.

Let me guess, it's only a JLT match so it doesn't count now?

All of what you mentioned are hardly what anyone would consider bold or brilliant moves, and you conveniently omitted the part where he sent Mills back to the half back flank for the whole match again

But if it will make you feel better, woop woop awesome job Horse beating a half strength wooden spooner in a scratch match, it was without doubt a masterclass of tactical genius

I think this might have to change a bit with the forced positional setup at centre bounces. Aliir is no slouch 1 v 1 but as a defender he is particularly good as a spare, and he can't be used in that way at centre bounces any more. His combination of pace, leap, and sheer body length means he can do a few different things, and it looks like going into centre bounces and helping halve the tap and win groundball might be one of the worthwhile tools he has. That one where he gathered and cleared himself after Witts failed to get a clean tap was very good stuff.

I still don't like it, the potential for him to injure himself personally would be a lot greater and he's had injuries before. A few minutes here and there is okay but wouldn't do much more.

*crosses fingers, arms, legs, toes...*

I know for a fact he was struggling with homesickness at the end of 2017 and multiple mates of his seemed convinced he’d be moving to be closer to family. Just over six months later he re-signed for 3 more years. If he was committed to our club during that period, then I can’t see him leaving us unless his hand is forced. It says a lot about our supposedly dwindling culture.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Please don't make this a thing! I don't ask for much

1552379948945.png

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I had a similar thought re: positional changes

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Alternatively, lose to GWS in a regular season game first then you'll be disappointed in him. Is that not fair?

Because the vibe I'm getting here is

When we look really good it's only cause it's a JLT match

When we look really bad it's because of our coach, not cause it's a JLT match

You just noticed how many trolls are on this board ?

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
All of what you mentioned are hardly what anyone would consider bold or brilliant moves, and you conveniently omitted the part where he sent Mills back to the half back flank for the whole match again

But if it will make you feel better, woop woop awesome job Horse beating a half strength wooden spooner in a scratch match, it was without doubt a masterclass of tactical genius

playing mills in defence just proved its going to be the same old same old again this year with horse. i usually wait until we lose a match before i am disappointed.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
playing mills in defence just proved its going to be the same old same old again this year with horse. i usually wait until we lose a match before i am disappointed.

Of course he might have just gone back because Lloyd didn’t play?

Why don’t you want until we play some real matches ?

Yes of course that was just same old, same old, nothing to do with Lloyd out and Aliir having to play ruck.
Would have made complete sense to leave the defence threadbare :rolleyes:

Back