Competitions 2019 ALL Supercoach/Fantasy Footy/Dreamteam talk...including league invites

Remove this Banner Ad

bol316

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi everybody. Am curious if you could indulge a fantasy question. Could Liam Shiels 60s and 70s last year be excused to playing up forward? I know he can play like hell and want to get him into my team if i think those bumps will be smoothed out with a lot more time in the midfield this season. Thanks for the advice!

Hi everybody. Am curious if you could indulge a fantasy question. Could Liam Shiels 60s and 70s last year be excused to playing up forward? I know he can play like hell and want to get him into my team if i think those bumps will be smoothed out with a lot more time in the midfield this season. Thanks for the advice!
As far as I remember it was more a simple issue of poor form early in the season. Also, a lot of his points traditionally have come from tackling, something which is possibly not a much of a focus as it was.

As far as I remember it was more a simple issue of poor form early in the season. Also, a lot of his points traditionally have come from tackling, something which is possibly not a much of a focus as it was.

I wondered if it was simply that or he was attracting tags for some reason

I wondered if it was simply that or he was attracting tags for some reason
Any avatar showing an Essendon player getting a ball in the face warrants a reply in my book.

I dont play fantasy teams myself, so take this for what it's worth ( jack )...

A few of my mates ask me about the hawks, looking for hidden bargains. Personally i dont see Shiels in that light. He's a good player, definitely underrated, and i wont say a bad word about him, but he's unlikely to receive many tags ( more likely to give tags due to his super high tackle counts ). That could change this year with mitchell out though.

Any avatar showing an Essendon player getting a ball in the face warrants a reply in my book.

I dont play fantasy teams myself, so take this for what it's worth ( jack )...

A few of my mates ask me about the hawks, looking for hidden bargains. Personally i dont see Shiels in that light. He's a good player, definitely underrated, and i wont say a bad word about him, but he's unlikely to receive many tags ( more likely to give tags due to his super high tackle counts ). That could change this year with mitchell out though.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe being a tagger explains some of those low scores. I am always hunting bargains and players no one will be using. I think i will just steer clear of Shiels until things get sorted there. Think Scrimshaw plays round 1?

Thanks for the reply. Maybe being a tagger explains some of those low scores. I am always hunting bargains and players no one will be using. I think i will just steer clear of Shiels until things get sorted there. Think Scrimshaw plays round 1?
I don’t think Scrimmers will play Round 1. Not because he shouldn’t, but from my recollection, we usually go with proven guys early, then bring new guys into the side within about a month.

When Scully comes in, I reckon Hendo gets off the leash & will be damaging. And, I reckon Impey is good for another improved season.

*I don’t play fantasy footy & don’t know all the rules & prices etc. so please take my feedback with that consideration.

I'll tell you a secret but you have to promise not to tell anyone else....

Tim O'Brien is going to have a cracking year (now shhhhhhh)

Agree on Shiels.

I doubt Scrimshaw will play round 1, but there is some merit in him being one of those bargains. FWIW one of my mates asked the very same question ( about Scrimshaw )

Maybe stick around for updates on todays practice match ;)

No to Shiels for Supercoach.
Scrimshaw likely after some VFL.
Rookie watch Moore and Jones and any other late sign up player. ;)
Value in JOM and Worpel(FWD).
Sicily is a lock.
Impey with DPP fwd/ Def really worth considering and is my potential breakout player who could end up D6/F6 or bench cover player over both positions.

Sicily is a lock.
Impey with DPP fwd/ Def really worth considering and is my potential breakout player who could end up D6/F6 or bench cover player over both positions.
What do you think Impey and Worpel can average this year Glorin ?

What do you think Impey and Worpel can average this year Glorin ?
I have Worpel hitting 90-95, however hearing he faided out of the practice match has me a little worried. Think he still fits the criteria for joining the small group of 2nd year players that can increase their ave by 15-20 and play 22 games.
Impey is at the right age and situation to gain a jump in his ave . Consistent small increases year on year and see him being a rebounding def with some time around the ball. A link player, who should benefit from some garbage points. 12-15 point increase would see him ave low 80's . His DPP is what interests me most as I tend to use a def/fwd player for trading purposes each year and see Impey as a potential bench keeper.
On Hawks players in general, TMitchs 130 odd points each week need to go somewhere. Many of our best 22 wont get them as they are at their ceiling or have a set role that wont allow for a big jump in points. There is only 8-10 players who can benefit and they wont all jump 15 points or more but a few players will.
Say Cuz comes in and matches Worpol ave from last year, (around 76). That leaves 50 odd points to divide up, which I think will be divided up between JOM, Worpel, Impey, Smith, Morrison, and maybe Wingard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are there any creative types out there with some clever/punny Fantasy team names regarding Hawks players? I would imagine Skull(y) could work but Im as creative as a brick.

grumbleguts any ideas? I seem to remember you are a pun master?!

So are there any creative types out there with some clever/punny Fantasy team names regarding Hawks players? I would imagine Skull(y) could work but Im as creative as a brick.

I have used Birchall Reality and Rock n Rioli in recent seasons. Struggling this year. Current teams name is Sells Some Candy...

I normally go after other teams misfortunes.
This year is “WattsMotorboating?”
A couple of years ago I did “3 Votes J Watson*”
After I’d won a mates league, I called my team “MoreFlagsThanFreo”

Worth a punt. I have him in. He has has played good minutes across the JLT and his disposal has been sound. Daniel Howe has been kidnapped so we have another free midfield spot. Depends if you can fit Walsh and Cousins in?
I can but I think he needs to go 80+. Likely?

I can but I think he needs to go 80+. Likely?
He has only played 7 games. A 30 point jump likely imo putting him into the 70-75 point range at the end of the year. Anything better than that is a big win for the club. Being young he runs the risk of being rested at some point also.

With no Tommy, how do we think JOM will go copping a hard tag? I'd love to see him go BANG this season but I don't think I've ever seen him heavily tagged before...

Sicily is a lock.
Hey man.
On Scrimshaw did he run outta gas in JLT2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back