Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need someone like REH that is meticulously all over the detail, to be the mouthpiece to bring the truth when the media tries to find holes and bring the concept down.
I am working my way through the 103 page Game day Village thread to get down all the media articles. I so far have found 3 articles where Rucci uses the phrase SMA objection(s). Here is one from 22nd February 2016. I will fire off on AA tomorrow if they repeat the crap Cornes spoke after 5.30 segment today.

https://outline.com/NFZdaN

The “Game Day Village” — which rates at No. 4 when Power fans are asked to rank their favourite features of the match-day presentation — is caught in a battle for a permanent liquor licence that is critical to its function at the Oval’s southern edge.

The Oval’s Stadium Management Authority has presented its points of objection.

lol i've seen it with my own eyes. They're so full of it. As if Port would go guns blazing over something like this if there was no evidence. Even if it wasn't true, you could find your way through the proxy opposers right back to Peter Hurley and the other SMA board members with vested interests.

The SMA are losing here. They're getting careless.

Could they be technically correct in that maybe they opposed the liqour licence of Tennis SA and not of PAFC?

I can't help but think this will end the same way for KT as it did for Haysman.

Good luck Keith.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Different now we own our own license haysman was pushed out by the sanfl. Daniels is the one on borrowed time he has hidden things from the state govt when negotiating funding for the hotel . Remember the premier might be a typical politician but he is also a port supporter who is friends with some of our board members and knows kt and kochie well. The time for the sma board to have a member from both us and the crows will come maybe sooner than later it may be pushed by govt. Daniels knows this hence his outburst.

If only the fans at the game would go on a stadium food and drink ban it would be amazing, but it just won't happen.

Depends on how you define 'ban'?

;)

If it turns out the objections were placed by lawyers for Hurley et al instead of SMA it could really open up a can of worms for the board as a whole

I am *so* hoping this is the smoking gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could they be technically correct in that maybe they opposed the liqour licence of Tennis SA and not of PAFC?

Yes, I have been thinking the same since I saw Andrew Daniels on the news. He was very specific when he sad they had not opposed a PAFC licence application.

It's a bit from column A and column B. My recollection is that originally it was a tennis SA licence and then they had to redevelop it so Port had to lodge their own. Then the huge objections came from lawyers acting on behalf of the SMA or their board members. Not the SMA specifically.

Port attempted to get the licence through with five or six different configurations to compromise and in the end they made it so hard that it wasn't feasible.

The other loophole Daniel is trying to exploit here is that they 'worked' with PAFC to get the GDV happening during the redevelopment but by 'worked with' they mean put extreme requirements on it that made it not possible.

Things such as having to have it all packed up by 11pm on night games etc. etc. Including all marquees and beer supplies etc.

They never wanted it to go ahead and under the guise of compromise they simply placed unreasonable demands on it and then were like "well we tried port. This is your fault."

Last edited:
The sma have us, the crows, adelaide city council, sa labour party and some of the public who opose the hotel all off side. It will be interesting to see the final wash up of this enquiry and any recommendations it might make. i think it will definately make it harder for the hotel to get off the ground too much negativity around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only in Adelaide can you dream of getting away with foisting such disingenuous s**t on the public as the SMA chief continues to do.

For a change though, not everyone in the media is buying it. So maintain the rage please KT. * the relationship with the SMA. What relationship? The one where we get shafted at every opportunity?

It's a bit from column A and column B. My recollection is that originally it was a tennis SA licence and then they had to redevelop it so Port had to lodge their own. Then the huge objections came from lawyers acting on behalf of the SMA or their board members. Not the SMA specifically.

Yes but even on these technical legalities, even an imbecile can work out that any of these individuals couldn't possibly object to the licenses on an individual basis, the objections can only be on behalf of the authority they sit on.

I guess ‘good news Fagan’ wouldn’t want to get his hands dirty.

Fagan can hardly launch into the SMA over the Port GDV, be fair. The clubs are working together against the SMA, but they have to do it by fighting their own battles - ideally one after the other, stringing all the dirty SMA laundry across the media constantly for as long as possible.

Fagan can hardly launch into the SMA over the Port GDV, be fair. The clubs are working together against the SMA, but they have to do it by fighting their own battles - ideally one after the other, stringing all the dirty SMA laundry across the media constantly for as long as possible.

Yeah/nah, would be far better as a united front.

The crows are in front of the panel tomorrow. Let’s see how hard they go as they have been shafted by the greedy campaigners as well.

The crows are in front of the panel tomorrow. Let’s see how hard they go as they have been shafted by the greedy campaigners as well.
Crows dont have a GDV to attack the SMA, but they were promised a new shed.

They could go hard after that as the Neil Dansie Indoor Cricket Facility was supposed to be the post match function area for both clubs. But the SMA's greed and incompetence stuffed that up. I have brochures saying that the indoor cricket facility will be the new post game venue for both clubs. That's a broken promise.

Yes but even on these technical legalities, even an imbecile can work out that any of these individuals couldn't possibly object to the licenses on an individual basis, the objections can only be on behalf of the authority they sit on.

The technicalities are flimsy as *. The intended outcome of their actions is obvious.

Crows dont have a GDV to attack the SMA, but they were promised a new shed.

They could go hard after that as the Neil Dansie Indoor Cricket Facility was supposed to be the post match function area for both clubs. But the SMA's greed and incompetence stuffed that up. I have brochures saying that the indoor cricket facility will be the new post game venue for both clubs. That's a broken promise.

Doesn't the Magarey Room pretty much a defacto "Shed" anyrate? Reckon there is a lot of nostalgic romance around the Shed for Crows people. The reason it worked at Footy Park was that there was literally nowhere else to go, and it gave them something to do instead of sitting in traffic for an hour. Both these things aren't particularly factors at AO.

Are they getting a second hearing? Fagan appeared before the Committee last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back