Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're like a starved dog at the minute, we are going to absolutely blaze into this season, god help anyone we play in the first 6 rounds. And I'm being serious. I fully expect some fireworks. About fckn time, too. Rip the bones off 'em!!!!

Last edited:
Just wondering what happened to these players? They were not listed as injured yesterday on AFL 360.

Coffield
Austin
Acres
McKenzie

If Paddy is out for few weeks and Robbo is doubtful then we may have some issue with KPP.

Just wondering what happened to these players? They were not listed as injured yesterday on AFL 360.

Coffield
Austin
Acres
McKenzie

If Paddy is out for few weeks and Robbo is doubtful then we may have some issue with KPP.

All look to be fit & available. Also Pierce, Long & probably Steven from that injury list are likely available.

Robbo will hurt but I think we can cover Paddy without too many dramas.

Coffield
Austin
Acres
McKenzie

I think Mckenzie was on the list with a bruised heal listed as test.

Coffield and Austin played vfl

Acres has been injured but will be right for round one

Coffield
Austin
Acres
McKenzie

All trained solidly on Friday

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct me if I’m wrong but Sandy play this weekend & McKenzie, Acres, Coff, Austin, etc are expected to play?
It will be interesting to find out what our team will look like if McCartin and Roberton don't play - surely either Austin or McKenzie come in.
Paddy's replacement would most probably be Marshall with Pierce coming in for the rucking duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to find out what our team will look like if McCartin and Roberton don't play - surely either Austin or McKenzie come in.
Paddy's replacement would most probably be Marshall with Pierce coming in for the rucking duties.

Wilkie?

Coming off last season we really couldn’t have asked for a worse pre season, both on and off field.
We are going into this game severely undermanned against a side that will give themselves a real chance now. I would not be surprised if we are so light on for talent that we choke under the pressure. We need Steele or JB to to have a monster game and lead the way.
We are one or two injuries away from another disastrous start to a season.
Welcome back to supporting the Saints for another season!

Coming off last season we really couldn’t have asked for a worse pre season, both on and off field.
We are going into this game severely undermanned against a side that will give themselves a real chance now. I would not be surprised if we are so light on for talent that we choke under the pressure. We need Steele or JB to to have a monster game and lead the way.

I’m getting the early vibe that a few of the 95 born guys are beginning to seriously mature & the loss of a few of the slightly older leaders won’t be as derailing as last year. I reckon we can cover the injured players verse GC however we’ll feel it more against the better sides. Saints by 60 points....

I’m getting the early vibe that a few of the 95 born guys are beginning to seriously mature & the loss of a few of the slightly older leaders won’t be as derailing as last year. I reckon we can cover the injured players verse GC however we’ll feel it more against the better sides. Saints by 60 points....
Yep I feel a bit more confident that it’s less about personnel this year.

We didn’t really have a bad injury run in context last year and certainly didn’t really seem to matter who played.

Hopefully that hunter / pack mentality holds up even if there are some key outs. At this stage there aren’t a heap of key players that will miss into and beyond Rd 2.

Are you serious? Couldn't ask for a worse preseason on the field? We won both games. Couldn't ask for any better actually.

Do you have any inside word on the potential injuries?

I thought both pre season games were really good and would bring a lot of confidence to the group.

Obviously, the health of Robbo and Paddy is a big concern but I thought we had some big positives leading in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back