List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I know it's BigFooty trade week 101 but Kelly can enter the national or pre-season draft. A 25 year old who has played two seasons and only wants to return to Perth won't be picked up in the first round. Sure he might end up at Freo but that still ensures a move back to WA. If a Victorian player walked out of Freo citing homesickness would we burn a first round pick on them? Of course not. Clubs are terrified of first round picks being two year propositions once let alone twice.

Geelong were within their rights to seek an "exceptional deal" last year but that card has been played and we didn't fold.

Would Freo use their 1st pick on a player who has stated he is not interested.

Wouldnt think so.

So our first is basically the max value.

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Kelly replaces Masten on the wing next year.

Imagine Gaff Shuey Yeo Redden Sheed Kelly Rioli Naitanui in the midfield next year...

Try stop that...

No wonder Kennedy signed on for another year...

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Redden and brisbane mutually decided that a trade could happen a year before free agency as long as brisbane got a good deal and redden got to choose his club .

Redden choosing us came out of left field and it was a combination of professional club who just played in a grand final and his mate Yeo's very easy transition to a new team .
Yeah I believe Redden was head hunted in 2015 with a great deal and he went to brissy and they agreed to trade if they got a good deal.

I believe i read that here from a reliable poster or Redden him self might have told that in a presser.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t disagree with getting another quality Mid and as I said Cogs should be our number one target not Kelly.
Of course. Coniglio is a free agent. We'd have to trade for Kelly. And Coniglio is better. But those processes will play out on different tracks.

I struggle to imagine a course of events this season where we get to October and we go hard after a readymade player who isn't a midfielder. If that's Coniglio, that's fine. But he might have crossed himself off our list months earlier. If that means we're left chasing Kelly via trade, and it costs us a first-rounder and something more, I reckon I'll be ok with that. I just can't see how we have another area of need that trumps the midfield. And Kelly is cherry ripe. But yeah, I'd prefer Coniglio without trading, obviously.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I really hope that getting Kelly doesnt stop us getting Coniglio.

We have to go as hard as possible for Coniglio. He's a weapon and he's free trade wise.

Kelly is a lesser player and we sadly still have to trade with the Cats to get him. Freo would almost certainly snare him if he entered the draft.

Exhaust everything to get Coniglio. Kelly is a fallback/bonus addition

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I really hope that getting Kelly doesnt stop us getting Coniglio.

We have to go as hard as possible for Coniglio. He's a weapon and he's free trade wise.

Kelly is a lesser player and we sadly still have to trade with the Cats to get him. Freo would almost certainly snare him if he entered the draft.

Exhaust everything to get Coniglio. Kelly is a fallback/bonus addition

If freo finish bottom 10 there is absolutely no ******* way even if kelly went to the draft that they would pick him up with their first round pick. Has already categorically told the dockers he doesn't want to play for them. Unless an offer to the tune of hundreds of thousands more than what we have on the table is put in front of him I seriously doubt he goes there whether that be via trade, draft or ******* spaceship.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
In regard to Coniglio - I have nothing to substantiate it, but I get the impression that this is something that the club have been working on behind the scenes for a while now already.

I can imagine the pitch from our camp getting in his ear whenever they can:

"Remember Stephen, we're offering you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to win the premiership with the club that you grew up supporting - the rest is simply up to you..."
Definitely don’t mind the the fact that our CEO isn’t sprouting good news and trying to convince the fan base that things will get better by saying he’ll meet up with Cogs, as im sure we’ve probably been there multiple times over the last few years..

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Definitely don’t mind the the fact that our CEO isn’t sprouting good news and trying to convince the fan base that things will get better by saying he’ll meet up with Cogs, as im sure we’ve probably been there multiple times over the last few years..
My concern is whether we have the salary cap space to offer Coniglio $5 million over six years.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
If freo finish bottom 10 there is absolutely no ******* way even if kelly went to the draft that they would pick him up with their first round pick. Has already categorically told the dockers he doesn't want to play for them. Unless an offer to the tune of hundreds of thousands more than what we have on the table is put in front of him I seriously doubt he goes there whether that be via trade, draft or ******* spaceship.

If their forward line of Walters , Lobb, Hogan & Cox/Tabanwow do well this year they might take the punt and get Kelly to help Fyfe out in the midfield.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Unless Ross the Toss gets sacked

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Would Freo use their 1st pick on a player who has stated he is not interested.

Wouldnt think so.

So our first is basically the max value.

Depends on dialogue between them and Kelly (and any contract conditions) and where they finish. If they miss the finals again they're not going to burn pick 6 or 7. If they finish top 4 it's a different proposition.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Tim Kelly unless it's for 100's of thousands of dollars a year more won't be going to Freo due to personal reasons involving himself, his wife and other players on the dockers list.

End of story.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, heard Tim Kelly and wife had a disturbing bogan orgy involving Nathan Wilson, Bennell, Conca and their partners.

Would prefer orgies with Barrass and Brander I heard on SEN.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Tim Kelly unless it's for 100's of thousands of dollars a year more won't be going to Freo due to personal reasons involving himself, his wife and other players on the dockers list.

End of story.
Agree

Hence why I said not evenly remotely close to happening unless Ross goes

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

End of story.

tenor (1).gif

Come on.... you elaborate just a little bit more....brother

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
I think neither Patton or Cameron becoming really dominant key forwards is what has really stopped them from taking that final step.
Its the revolving door created by all the top end talent they were gifted from the beginning,cant possibly fit all of that talent into the salary cap and also players just want to go home sometimes
Sure they bring in more top youngsters when another star leaves but teams need continuity to win

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back