Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From afl.com.au

"Under the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) introduced this year, clubs have the opportunity to place players on their long-term injury list and replace them prior to March 15.

It is understood Gold Coast is in the process of replacing defender Rory Thompson on its list, having already held over a spot from the rookie draft and losing Harrison Wigg to a knee injury.

Port Adelaide, which lost young midfielder Jake Patmore to a ruptured ACL at the weekend, will instead opt to carry the position on its list into the mid-season draft."
Shame..but they must think we have sufficient depth

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
PORT ADELAIDE ruckman Paddy Ryder has had successful surgery to fix a depressed cheekbone suffered in Saturday's 21-point win over North Melbourne.

The 30-year-old suffered the injury in an accidental head collision with teammate Robbie Gray early in the last quarter of the JLT Community Series game at Alberton Oval.
Ryder is recovering well and will enjoy a four-day break from training along with the rest of his teammates.

Defender Jarrod Lienert went off with knee soreness in the second quarter of the game against the Kangaroos.
Scans on Sunday revealed the 24-year-old had suffered a medial ligament strain.
He will now undertake a period of enforced rest.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-03-11/injury-update-jlt-2-

What a nothing post lol

It literally reveals zero about recovery and timeframes

A bit sly, it’s as if we are modelling off the crows

How has the club not made an injury list yet? I recall writing in a survey that their updates on SANFL injuries were awful and now they are doing the same with AFL injuries.

They must have misread that as awesome. ;)

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont think Dixon will feature in a meaningful way at all this year. May as well back off and make sure we get his recovery right.

Would be nice to see him beast it with the 666 rule but I have him written of for the year

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont think Dixon will feature in a meaningful way at all this year. May as well back off and make sure we get his recovery right.

Would be nice to see him beast it with the 666 rule but I have him written of for the year

Having to scale his training load back and get him on the alter g on the verge of the season starting is worrying.

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-12/no-return-date-set-for-power-forward-after-injury-setback

PORT Adelaide doesn't have a fixed return date for key forward Charlie Dixon after he had a setback in his stop-start recovery from a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

AFL.com.au understands Dixon's training was scaled back last week after experiencing pain following three weeks of running.

VERY disappointing. Does this open up an opportunity to get some more much needed games into Marshall?

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
VERY disappointing. Does this open up an opportunity to get some more much needed games into Marshall?

Gives Marshall an opportunity to step up and claim the spot as our number one forward. From what we've seen so far needs to step up or could lose his place to Frampton, the best player should be the one who replaces Dixon not gifting games to one player. I love Marshall as much as everyone else, but he needs to earn his spot the same way as everyone else does.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In the event that Dixon is a write-off for much of the season and Watts transitions better than expected to a role in defence, I wonder if we could consider moving Howard back forward to work alongside of Marshall.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
In the event that Dixon is a write-off for much of the season and Watts transitions better than expected to a role in defence, I wonder if we could consider moving Howard back forward to work alongside of Marshall.
Just when you think we're finally calling time on Sam Gray he gets a stay of execution.

Rocky on Triple M today was almost dismissive of the talk that Ryder wouldn't play R1. He was almost emphatic in saying he thought he would play.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Assuming my best 22, we have a Rd 1 team likely missing Dixon Ryder Hartlett Wines Broadbent....
Travelling to Melbourne
Playing a premiership contender

OK......

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think this would be smart too. The shorter term option is to pick a mature state league player now and get a 10 week preseason into them. Given it was a fringe flanker/small who went down, and I don’t think we are a top 4 contender, I be holding tight and picking the best available player from the SANFL mid year. Hope for a gun.
Ports are ALWAYS a Top 4 contender!

Assuming my best 22, we have a Rd 1 team likely missing Dixon Ryder Hartlett Wines Broadbent....
Travelling to Melbourne
Playing a premiership contender

OK......

Most expect Ryder to play.

And they are without May, Lever and I suspect a couple of others so it balances out.

Back