Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Absolutely disgusting. **** off AFL, and the Dogs for ticking it off.

Easily the worst jumper of all time.
I'm going to have to give this call serious consideration. The Hawthorn 1995 Ansett Cup has been the "champion" of that category until now

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Easton Wood has really shilled himself out here.

His little spiel about how footballers are superheroes and Docklands being Marvel is a notable event (er) was the most corporate, robotic, insincere s**t I’ve heard from a captain in quite some time. It’s probably easy saying that s**t when you’re on 600 grand for playing sport but Fmd, it rubbed me wrong.

Bogan name, what did I expect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going to have to give this call serious consideration. The Hawthorn 1995 Ansett Cup has been the "champion" of that category until now
At least that guernsey had somewhat traditional design elements for an Aussie Rules jumper.

This Thor-themed shitfest is a slap in the face to all Aussie Rules guernseys and makes me feel ill.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Very disappointing, hasn't been done in a somewhat tasteful way either, just a shameless cash grab from the Bulldogs. I'm just hoping we don't see anymore. Having it in AFLW is one thing, but a competition with actual history and tradition is a whole other kettle of fish.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Easton Wood has really shilled himself out here.

His little spiel about how footballers are superheroes and Docklands being Marvel is a notable event (er) was the most corporate, robotic, insincere s**t I’ve heard from a captain in quite some time. It’s probably easy saying that s**t when you’re on 600 grand for playing sport but Fmd, it rubbed me wrong.

Bogan name, what did I expect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d be surprised if those quotes were Easton’s actual opinions. Written by the communications department and attributed to him I’d say.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
That Bulldogs superhero strip is truly hideous. Any chance it'll be just worn for the warm-up and not during the actual match like the AFLW ones were?

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Play the swans too. Might have to wear clash due to red back
My first thought too. You couldn't script this s#it.
Design a jumper for round 1 which has the exact same back as the oppo. Idiots.
All those doggies fans who rattled the tins in the early 90s would be ashamed to see this soulless crap not 3 years after they saluted.
I can't believe I'm typing this but I honestly hope the swans roll them

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The Freo indigenous jumper is fantastic. Very well executed.

The Bulldogs Thor jumper is hideous and a complete joke. Bulldogs fans should be disgusted and contact the club directly if they feel the same way. I have no issues with the Marvel sponsorship but this makes a mockery of the Bulldogs, the league and the game.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I was thinking about this last night, and suddenly it's coming true. Marvel/Disney are slowly taking over the Australian sporting market. The following 'superhero' things are occurring/have occurred
  • The NRL has been wearing Superhero jerseys for years now
  • The AFL-owned Docklands becomes Marvel Stadium
  • The AFL's 'Kids Round' has a distinct Superhero theme (they showed Ant-Man at matches and had other various things like that happening)
  • Beyond Sport is closed at Marvel, becomes a Marvel shop
  • The AFL's Round 23 Record slogan is 'The Superheroes of 2018'
  • The BBL makes the BBL|08 theme 'League of Heroes'
  • The AFLW is partially successful in wearing superhero jumpers
  • The Dogs announce a Superhero jersey

Just need the Swans to do a 'Garry Hocking' and re-brand themselves as the Sydney Surturs for Round 1 and the takeover will be complete :p

Sir Doug Nicolls round is officially 2 weeks this year, round 10 and 11. See Official Fixture 2019 book released by the AFL.

As for the Bulldogs jumper, surely someone stops it before next week, Hawthorn can officially put the diamonds behind them if this actually goes ahead.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Caleb Daniel isn't wearing a Thor helmet in round one, what's really the point?
082752FF-9D34-41EB-8688-E855CB164727.jpeg

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
i think unofficially the teams that play away during the indigenous round wear their indigenous guernsey the next time they play at home. or at least that's the case with the suns last year from memory.
Even the use of the indigenous guernsey is losing its effect, it seems like teams were wearing at different times over an entire month. Should be kept at one weekend strictly, and doesn’t matter if the team is home or away. Also, with all these different theme rounds the sanctity of a club’s traditional strip is been eroded, as it is been worn less and less.
And Thor jumper looks stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back