Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Oh, I remembered I do actually have an AFS (which I didn't realise at the time was an AFS... But good god.)

So, I went on a date with a girl and it was almost certain we were going to become a couple (as we met through a mutual friend). On this date, we asked eachother questions from the internet. General questions like 'Would you fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?'. The generic questions. I also found out about siblings, she had 2 brothers. The youngest one was healthy, and the older one had autism.

Anyway, the question 'What is your least favourite vegetable? came up.
So, my clever, witty and crude-humoured self answered "the ones in wheelchairs". She laughs, I think, "great, well done Andonis".

Fast forward a couple of weeks, we get onto family again, and she opens up and then tells me her brother's autism is so bad that he is basically 'in a vegetative state' and pretty much unresponsive. So you can imagine my thoughts when I flashbacked to that joke.

Fair to say, her and I lasted a month.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I don't think even the most severe autism can put you in what would be called a vegetative state? Correct me if wrong.
You've now got me doubting if it was the autism causing him to degenerate like that or another condition, but as far as I know, and as far as I was aware they were linked.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes/no to dating a 17 year old who will turn 18 in a month, as a just-turned 21 year old?

Has all the potential of an AFS, right?

Having a 17 year old daughter myself, who is still at school. I can tell you while I think it is a slippery slope for a parent to actively and assertively reject this (they will just go ahead behind your back if they really wanted to anyway) - you need to be prepared to meet and on some levels win parental approval somewhat early on so save issues down the track.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine going to stay at her house and Dads is like "you will leave the door open at all times". It was bad enough when you were both teens but imagine getting that treatment as an adult. Yeah, nah.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Having a 17 year old daughter myself, who is still at school. I can tell you while I think it is a slippery slope for a parent to actively and assertively reject this (they will just go ahead behind your back if they really wanted to anyway) - you need to be prepared to meet and on some levels win parental approval somewhat early on so save issues down the track.
They will definitely do what they want. My 15 nearly 16 year old wanted to date. I said to him I thought he way too young. They dated on and off for a year. It was a disaster and something he regrets . He has since told me that I was right. Sometimes all you can do is pick up the pieces.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
They will definitely do what they want. My 15 nearly 16 year old wanted to date. I said to him I thought he way too young. They dated on and off for a year. It was a disaster and something he regrets . He has since told me that I was right. Sometimes all you can do is pick up the pieces.

Yep. I say to most people - parenting teenagers and young adults doesn't start, and shouldn't change when they get to that age, it is a cumulative thing. Hopefully by now you have instilled the values, expectations, communication and rapport that no big changes are needed. They have to learn things for themselves and will, hopefully the biggest lessons are still only relatively small ones, and you do not push them away, or into hiding by forcefully rejecting some concepts. As any parent would tell you, there are days and situations where this is far easier said than done!

So far so good - mine are 17 and 15, so still a few more years of solid lifting to come.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Oh boy, I never thought of this side of things. But whatever it would take I guess, if I were to make a move early enough!
They're a slavic family, so meeting with them is infinitely even more intimidating.

And I've gone behind my parents' backs too when I was younger. Did it work out? No. So, I'm not in a position to do the secretive thing again haha.
Imagine going to stay at her house and Dads is like "you will leave the door open at all times". It was bad enough when you were both teens but imagine getting that treatment as an adult. Yeah, nah.
Eh, my parents are the 'we don't want a girl over' type so I'd kill to leave the door open :p

They're a slavic family, so meeting with them is infinitely even more intimidating.
She's 18: ihf you don't bring her back in one piece I find you and I kill you. Ihf you bring her back late by one minute I find you and I kill you.

She's 25: take her, get her out of my house. Why you not married him yet? What is wrong with you?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh, I remembered I do actually have an AFS (which I didn't realise at the time was an AFS... But good god.)

So, I went on a date with a girl and it was almost certain we were going to become a couple (as we met through a mutual friend). On this date, we asked eachother questions from the internet. General questions like 'Would you fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?'. The generic questions. I also found out about siblings, she had 2 brothers. The youngest one was healthy, and the older one had autism.

Anyway, the question 'What is your least favourite vegetable? came up.
So, my clever, witty and crude-humoured self answered "the ones in wheelchairs". She laughs, I think, "great, well done Andonis".

Fast forward a couple of weeks, we get onto family again, and she opens up and then tells me her brother's autism is so bad that he is basically 'in a vegetative state' and pretty much unresponsive. So you can imagine my thoughts when I flashbacked to that joke.

Fair to say, her and I lasted a month.

It's a good line though to be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München

Bring over a bottle of this and you'll be fine

Cherry_Brandy_0,7L_ZD.jpg

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When I was 18 I hung out with a 15 year old and the parents didn't mind us in her bedroom with the door closed.

When i was 17, I went on a date with a 22 year old and my parents thought it was the best thing ever. I then dated a girl who was my age and for some reason, they weren't too happy. Must have thought i was a mature young lad

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
When i was 17, I went on a date with a 22 year old and my parents thought it was the best thing ever. I then dated a girl who was my age and for some reason, they weren't too happy. Must have thought i was a mature young lad
Nope, they just hoped she'd buy you dinner so they didn't have to :thumbsu:

Nope, they just hoped she'd buy you dinner so they didn't have to :thumbsu:

Pretty much haha I paid though so their plan failed. Date didn't go well, i was an inexperienced nervous wreck fresh out of high school sent on a date with a 22 year old single mum thanks to my mates top "wing-manning" as he'd say. Don't think you could find 2 people who have less in common

Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This girl has liked me for a while, I like her and I'm interested to persue things, but I'm fresh out of a long term relationship and don't want to rush into anything too quick or serious. I have told her this. We only started texting last week and within an hour the convo went very sexual. We hung out yesterday and kissed for the first time, and I had my hand on her leg. Afterwards she said she wished my hand went higher up her leg and I said how high and she said as far as I want. She also alluded that she wanted to do the same to me and feel my bulge. Doubt she's been with many guys before, and she said she isn't easy which I like, but my question is this: Do you think I can go a month from now before having sex with her? And at least a couple weeks before going down on her? I don't feel like it right now but obviously can't hold out for too long...

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
This girl has liked me for a while, I like her and I'm interested to persue things, but I'm fresh out of a long term relationship and don't want to rush into anything too quick or serious. I have told her this. We only started texting last week and within an hour the convo went very sexual. We hung out yesterday and kissed for the first time, and I had my hand on her leg. Afterwards she said she wished my hand went higher up her leg and I said how high and she said as far as I want. She also alluded that she wanted to do the same to me and feel my bulge. Doubt she's been with many guys before, and she said she isn't easy which I like, but my question is this: Do you think I can go a month from now before having sex with her? And at least a couple weeks before going down on her? I don't feel like it right now but obviously can't hold out for too long...
Sounds like 15 year old wrote this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back