Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

FiftyFive50

Senior List
Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can’t see this happening again without Jacobs on Fyfe and he still ran riot.
C1578CA0-65CD-4148-ABAA-89480E055A85.png

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Poor old crozier looked like a roo getting bounced off a road train
Crozier always reminded me of that really talented U12 kid that would be asked to play up in U14 to make up numbers but just didn't have the size to really show his talent amongst the bigger kids.

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Match committee could very well come down to last selection of giro and Bewley for last spot in 22. Surely Bewley would get the nod? l

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
No chance. Giro in a canter based on JLT form.
lol Sheridan mark 2 is on the rise. Look he can run all day win time trials but he needs to be able to hold his ground and dispose of the football better. He can’t kick a footy. Bewley is a football player. Has a long kick ,has proven to be top player in Vfl and hasn’t been given enough opportunity with what he has to offer. For me Bewley has it hands down but that’s just my opinion

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
lol Sheridan mark 2 is on the rise. Look he can run all day win time trials but he needs to be able to hold his ground and dispose of the football better. He can’t kick a footy. Bewley is a football player. Has a long kick ,has proven to be top player in Vfl and hasn’t been given enough opportunity with what he has to offer. For me Bewley has it hands down but that’s just my opinion
I think Bewley is going to be a great player as well. But I'd be surprised if anyone who watched the intraclub or the JLT thinks he is ready to slot in just yet.

In JLT2 Bewley had 8 disposals, 4 of which were turnovers, 78 metres gained and wasn't involved in a single score. Giro had 14 @ 71% DE, 273m gained, and was involved in 5 scores, including 3 shots at goal, 1 goal and 1 goal assist.

I think you are being very harsh on 19yo Giro. Based on what we've seen so far he looks to have improved his disposal, and looks a lot more dangerous forward of centre. Still plenty of room for improvement but he has plenty of time. He was off the rookie list and has improved at a rapid rate, so comparing him to a 25 year old taken at #16 in the ND and having had 8 years in the system is unfair.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tarrant looks like he's going to play. He'll go to Hogan, that means Lobb & McCarthy are a good chance to get free.
With the understrength Norf backline, who goes to Lobb & McCarthy ?

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’d be confident in Tazz v Hogan, McKay v Lobb and EVW vs Mcarthy. That doesn’t really expose us at all.

From the Norf Board, I don't know McKay or EVW. Anyone got any info on these guys?

Actually, Lobb (74 games 207cm) v McKay (1 game 201cm)
McCarthy (57 games 192cm) v EVW (14 games 190cm)

Looks like McKay could be the weakness

Last edited:

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
I think Bewley is going to be a great player as well. But I'd be surprised if anyone who watched the intraclub or the JLT thinks he is ready to slot in just yet.

In JLT2 Bewley had 8 disposals, 4 of which were turnovers, 78 metres gained and wasn't involved in a single score. Giro had 14 @ 71% DE, 273m gained, and was involved in 5 scores, including 3 shots at goal, 1 goal and 1 goal assist.

I think you are being very harsh on 19yo Giro. Based on what we've seen so far he looks to have improved his disposal, and looks a lot more dangerous forward of centre. Still plenty of room for improvement but he has plenty of time. He was off the rookie list and has improved at a rapid rate, so comparing him to a 25 year old taken at #16 in the ND and having had 8 years in the system is unfair.
Ok maybe a little harsh. Bewley played like half of jlt one and then played after a hit out in peel in jlt 2 cant be critical of that especially stat wise.

Giro is young your right that’s why he is better off in peel learning his craft and give a seasoned bigger body long kicking machine in Bewley a solid 4 quarters to show what he can do. He was one of the best in the vfl for a reason

Back