Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
People who buy near an airport then complain about the plane noise
Today Tonight had a story about a Mandurah woman complaining about a tree on her ''verge'' driveway

Yeah love it wasnt there when you bought it was it?

Edit: Maybe I should stop watching TT

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

And then you could focus on tin foil hat conspiracies and post about them endlessly on a board where absolutely no-one is listening?
Nah, I'll pass on the TV and that bullshit thanks.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Off the top of my head it was something to do with the CVT(?) automatic transmission. Should have clarified it was an auto so people didn't think my friend was just a rubbish driver.

Yeah, there's no clutch, as in manual pressure plate mechanism etc in an auto or CVT.
CVT's are just so much s**t.
I'm actually taking a mate of mine into town today because the CVT in his VW Amarok has let go completely for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Look good on paper, smooth to drive but just pieces of crap.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Off the top of my head it was something to do with the CVT(?) automatic transmission. Should have clarified it was an auto so people didn't think my friend was just a rubbish driver.
There is a problem with all the focus and fiesta dual clutch autos from a few years ago. Some people sued Ford and many got a new car out of it.

Had to fly Sydney - Canberra on a small plane yesterday, I try to avoid planes with propellers, i reckon they aren't a good idea.
I hear the 737 Max 8s have plenty of free seats available.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, there's no clutch, as in manual pressure plate mechanism etc in an auto or CVT.
CVT's are just so much s**t.
I'm actually taking a mate of mine into town today because the CVT in his VW Amarok has let go completely for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Look good on paper, smooth to drive but just pieces of crap.
Automatics do contain a clutch, by the way. Not a manually operated clutch but a clutch system within the torque converter.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Had to fly Sydney - Canberra on a small plane yesterday, I try to avoid planes with propellers, i reckon they aren't a good idea.

I caught like a 12 seater charter plane to Kangaroo Island for the races. Was a little uneasy but it wasn't too bad outside of a bit of wind landing at Kingscote. 3 days later the Essendon airport crash happened. Would have been absolutely packing it if it happened just before my flight instead of just after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back