Western Bulldogs x Thor

Do you like this Marvel inspired Jumper?

• Total voters
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why not wear it during the pre season games?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because they weren't played at Marvel Stadium.

Disney's rebranding of Melbourne's Etihad Stadium as Marvel Stadium will not "shove things down people's throats", the venue's chief said as he vowed to enhance the experience for punters rather than overwhelm them with branding. :think:

https://www.theage.com.au/melbourne...lbourne-s-etihad-stadium-20180524-p4zh5i.html

Let's not forget this is an 8 year deal! It will only get worse.

I don't think the graphic designer through the transition of the costume from its complex metal and leather 3D to its not so complex synthetic 2d form. Whoever signed off on this should be taken out the back of the John Gent stand and shot.

Now you can not, not see it. You can thank me later.

jumper.jpg

What. A. Joke we are.

Last edited:

SteelF6

Debutant
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone who didn't see this coming is living under a rock, this was always in the pipe line for Marvel stadium tenants. There will be more...
The NRL had a whole round for this in 2017

SteelF6

Debutant
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well looks like it been done in the NRL since 2014.

Like it or not this is where things are going in sport.

Attachments

• 20190313_103931.jpg
    20190313_103931.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 163
Well it takes one motivational line away from the coaches.
“What are we playing for, you blokes? We’re playing for THIS!” (tugs jersey) “we’re playing cos we LOVE this jumper! Now get out there and play for your mates, play for your club, play for your fans, play like you mean it, PLAY FOR THE JUMPER!” (collective guttural roar from the mass of players as the head for the race)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well it takes one motivational line away from the coaches.
“What are we playing for, you blokes? We’re playing for THIS!” (tugs jersey) “we’re playing cos we LOVE this jumper! Now get out there and play for your mates, play for your club, play for your fans, play like you mean it, PLAY FOR THE JUMPER!” (collective guttural roar from the mass of players as the head for the race)

These blokes play for money you cat compared them to players I the past earning $50 a game.

PROFESSIONAL footballers shouldn’t need to pull a jumper on to play footy at their hardest. Do you think Liam Picken would be any different in a robodog junper?

These blokes play for money you cat compared them to players I the past earning $50 a game.

PROFESSIONAL footballers shouldn’t need to pull a jumper on to play footy at their hardest. Do you think Liam Picken would be any different in a robodog junper?
You’re so literal, MD!

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The media are putting it up there with the worst jumpers ever worn eg power rangers, orange kangaroo, m&m, puts milk, and jockey silks. Only difference is we haven’t worn it yet? Let hope sanity prevails and we don’t wear it and Marvel still gets all this free publicity, it’s a win-win.

When one of the games official media partners is mocking you relentlessly.

As marketing campaigns go, this ones going over real swell.

All publicity is good publicity...right?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The media are putting it up there with the worst jumpers ever worn eg power rangers, orange kangaroo, m&m, puts milk, and jockey silks. Only difference is we haven’t worn it yet? Let hope sanity prevails and we don’t wear it and Marvel still gets all this free publicity, it’s a win-win.

Then can we move the Ballarat games back to Melbourne ?

The media have covered it so that would be a win/win also ?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I love Dougie also my name suggests but he went to Fitzroy coz he needed money(sold out) coz he was broke(gambling and drinking and adulterous)

You wore a different jumper Doug you can’t talk about this one sorry

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Is any amount of money worth downright embarrassing our club? We're the laughing stock of the media and fans today.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who wouldn’t imagine Footscray

Oops I mean who would imagine the Western Bulldogs who play at the Western Oval (and Ballarat)

Oops I mean who would imagine the Western Bulldogs who play at Whitten Oval would and have always worn the same jumper

Oops

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we really have no choice but to take part in this embarrassing and soul-crushing crap, you'd think we could at least wear something that looks less like a $2 plastic toy.

At least the Captain Marvel jumpers for the AFLW (which there was wide resistance to wearing as match jumpers and ended up just as training tops) actually looked good. This is puke.

This is our one hope.
The AFLW team went from wearing it in a game to it being a warm up top.

Back