K rock Football

All Australian
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Hi all,

The Cat Attack Podcast will return for 2019 this week.

Any questions for Benny or Kingy? Get them to us by 10am Tuesday.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
List changes since last year ... good or bad ? Rohan and Dahl ... add Atkins and Clark all look like they may contribute in 2019..

Do you think Ablett forward will work ... ? What would be an acceptable outcome ... 20 goals , 30 goals ? and should he be focused on goals as a gauge for success or be expected to be a pressure forward.

Geelong has a very difficult start to the year... the first 4 weeks , we play Pies (mcg), Dees (kp), Crows (Ade).. and then Giants (kp). Whats an acceptable outcome after the first 4 rounds...

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
List changes since last year ... good or bad ? Rohan and Dahl ... add Atkins and Clark all look like they may contribute in 2019..

Do you think Ablett forward will work ... ? What would be an acceptable outcome ... 20 goals , 30 goals ? and should he be focused on goals as a gauge for success or be expected to be a pressure forward.

Geelong has a very difficult start to the year... the first 4 weeks , we play Pies (mcg), Dees (kp), Crows (Ade).. and then Giants (kp). Whats an acceptable outcome after the first 4 rounds...
Or neither, but rather on his creating goals for himself and others, a la Johnson.

Hi all,

The Cat Attack Podcast will return for 2019 this week.

Any questions for Benny or Kingy? Get them to us by 10am Tuesday.

With the importance and influence of ruckmen having been elevated in the last two years, how much more important will the be if the rule changes have the desired effect and the value of a centre clearance increases dramatically?

With the rule changes, how difficult will it be for a less skilled/drilled side to make contests more even through grinding defensive efforts? How many more thrashings do you forsee? Are there any clubs you'd be worried about fans abandoning mid-year? Will we be getting back to writing off any club outside the top 4 by June?

Is the cats draw better or worse than last year? Last year was harder on paper, but with the rule changes and needing to experiment a bit to get things right, are we going to be exposed early on? If the draw had been lined up in reverse would we be getting more wins in total?

Gents..
Welcome back and thanks for making another season of the Cat Attack Podcast!

IMO Tom Atkins will be the most influential of the new additions. Whilst not the most skilled or touted he certainly seems to play as hard as anyone and never gives anything less than 100% - at least in both JLT games.

Will make some players on the list look over their shoulder in the effort and commitment department.

Who do you see being the most influential of the new additions to the club?
Cheers and go cats!

K rock Football

All Australian
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Gents..
Welcome back and thanks for making another season of the Cat Attack Podcast!

IMO Tom Atkins will be the most influential of the new additions. Whilst not the most skilled or touted he certainly seems to play as hard as anyone and never gives anything less than 100% - at least in both JLT games.

Will make some players on the list look over their shoulder in the effort and commitment department.

Cheers and go cats!

You just missed our recording, Daz. Will answer next week.

Last edited:
story of my life.... a few minutes late and a dollar short... :$

Double question for next week!

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Welcome back guys...

Hitting harder than a night club bouncer

Thinner than a super model sandwich

London Fog and Witness protection ...

Funny bring up Mitch White ... who was the other guy we got from West Coast that was a long kick but basically couldn't get the ball.

Welcome back guys...

Hitting harder than a night club bouncer

Thinner than a super model sandwich

London Fog and Witness protection ...

Funny bring up Mitch White ... who was the other guy we got from West Coast that was a long kick but basically couldn't get the ball.

I had money on Marcus Drum getting a guernsey there but also no.... suffered a detached retina and missed games... some of the most obscure footy injuries for 0 games played I reckon.

But Drum was not WC.... Was it Brett Spinks?

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I had money on Marcus Drum getting a guernsey there but also no.... suffered a detached retina and missed games... some of the most obscure footy injuries for 0 games played I reckon.

But Drum was not WC.... Was it Brett Spinks?

GO Catters

Yes Daz Spinks. could kick like a frightened mule but just didnt get enough of the ball...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

K rock Football

All Australian
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hi all,

We expect to be recording on Tuesday afternoon - please fire through your questions by lunchtime and we'll try and answer them.

cheers

Kingy

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Congrats to the aflw girls making it thru to the finals in y1. They have done well but their PF final game against the Crows it would seem it may be a step too far. Have you watched any of it and what do you think about the future for the womens comp... 4 more side coming in 2020 and the difficulty of having a comp of a reasonable length.

Potentially we may have 3 or 4 debutants and up to a third of the side new.. a lot of change. Clarke looks likely to play ... good for him , he is the youngest player on our list yet looks to have a lot of potential... but surely this must says something about some of the other players on our list not selected. Sam Simpson for instance. Do we expect him to press for a game this year or has he been passed over.

Whats an acceptable outcome V the Pies .... close game loss? Kick 16 goals? .. or it a must win no matter what we score?

Last edited:
Given I missed last week..
A 2 parter on Tommy Atkins

1 - IMO Tom Atkins will be the most influential of the new additions. Whilst not the most skilled or touted he certainly seems to play as hard as anyone and never gives anything less than 100% - at least in both JLT games.

2 - Given Scooter is hampered again and OOC at season end, if Atkins can play the defensive forward role well enough and he builds his tank some more can he become the main pressure mid if required? Granted.. lockout out the skips brother ain’t easy..

Go Catters

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Given I missed last week..
A 2 parter on Tommy Atkins

1 - IMO Tom Atkins will be the most influential of the new additions. Whilst not the most skilled or touted he certainly seems to play as hard as anyone and never gives anything less than 100% - at least in both JLT games.

2 - Given Scooter is hampered again and OOC at season end, if Atkins can play the defensive forward role well enough and he builds his tank some more can he become the main pressure mid if required? Granted.. lockout out the skips brother ain’t easy..

Go Catters

I think if you were comparing the two then sadly Scoots age and injury profile would make Atkins the more likely to play a full season in the midfield. Probably not this year, but I think he can be hungry enough to be a good junkyard dog type.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Mate .. I still drive a T Model ... I actually checked that website earlier today and it was not on there... but thanks for that .. I reckn the K Boys are getting a bit slack... how hard is it to post that they have dropped a new PodC

This is why we need to get you on a nice podcast app! Or are you still running around with a Nokia 3210?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
This is why we need to get you on a nice podcast app! Or are you still running around with a Nokia 3210?

lol.. which button do I press to activate the app..

_1778067_fonecash-bbc300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back