Macrae (2)
Coniglio (8)
Fyfe (on average not total) (5)
Neale (7)
Dusty (25)
Kelly (10)
Yeo (11)
MCrouch (28)/Zerrett (27)

I've added in the finishing position of these guys last year, based on avg.

From your list you expect only 3 guys to come in from outside top 10, history would suggest this number is more like 5 or 6, which is always surprising.
And really the number is only that low because for years you had Ablett, Selwood, Pendles and more recently Danger owning the top spots for years.
Generally there is a fair shift year on year, mostly with injury, but sometimes just form (Martin was a little of both for example last year), Zorko getting tagged more etc.

Obviously Mitchell is one that is to be replaced.
Dangerfield I guess we count as a forward now.
So Gaff is the only true mid you have dropped out. now I'm not saying you're wrong, but history will show that there are about 5 changes year on year.

(edit: incorrectly said Cripps not Gaff)

So I guess don't be afraid to pull the trigger on those who have an average around 95 to really jump up.
Last year we have Cripps, Coniglio and Gaff jump into top 10
While Macrae went from 106 premo to uber premo
And Fyfe just went up a small amount get him from just outside to just in.

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

From your list you expect only 3 guys to come in from outside top 10, history would suggest this number is more like 5 or 6, which is always surprising.
And really the number is only that low because for years you had Ablett, Selwood, Pendles and more recently Danger owning the top spots for years.
Generally there is a fair shift year on year, mostly with injury, but sometimes just form (Martin was a little of both for example last year), Zorko getting tagged more etc.

So Gaff is the only true mid you have dropped out. now I'm not saying you're wrong, but history will show that there are about 5 changes year on year.

So I guess don't be afraid to pull the trigger on those who have an average around 95 to really jump up.
Good analysis. Who do you have top 10?

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Who is in this average 90-95 bracket who could make that leap?

Lyons? Steele?

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good analysis. Who do you have top 10?
No idea haha.

(My stats are from footywire which includes finals, so there is a bit of a difference)

But if i was to look at history, every year there are at least 4 completely new faces to the top 10, dating back to 2010. (and I've excluded Ablett who is top every year).

So this year, you could look at guys like Yeo, Bontempelli, Brayshaw, JSteele, Hunter or Heppell to break their duck.

Then you also get a few guys who jump in after missing out on a year or two, last year only Fyfe made the top 10 after missing out the year before, but he made it in 2015 and 2014.

So that player could be Martin, Crouch, Beams, Treloar or Sloane

The real test is finding out who's going to drop out, and this is where it's more of a guess than anything...

Mitchell is obviously out and we can say Danger is a fwd, so there's 2 spots.
Gaff has the suspension, plus he only just got in last year, so good chance he drops, especially with other mids stepping up.
Kelly has potential tag issues plus a poor pre-season.
I also have question marks on Coniglio and whether he can sustain it, as he only just snuck in.

So on that I'd say...

Cripps
Fyfe
Oliver
Martin
Crouch
Treloar
Steele
Neale
Brayshaw
Macrae

It's very hard to say though.

Who is in this average 90-95 bracket who could make that leap?

Lyons? Steele?
Fiorini is interesting. Not expecting many to share that opinion, but great preseason, will get mid time, talent is there. Steele etc. better bets, thpugh.

kane22

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seen a lot of teams jumping off Libba. Would have thought JLT would have strengthened resolve to go with him
Unfortunetly I think BCrouch is better at his price for m5 and Walsh is my m6, but I could regret not getting him, I think he will have a 95 average.

Huttabito

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whoever jumping off is taking a big risk IMO, he will be a jet if he stays injury free and looks fitter than ever.
Great pick, but it's all about balancing the side. I'd like him at M6 but it weakens the other lines to the point where I'm not happy with it.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Unfortunetly I think BCrouch is better at his price for m5 and Walsh is my m6, but I could regret not getting him, I think he will have a 95 average.
How is Crouch a better option? Interested? At least Libba has had a 100+ ave and you save over 100k.

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting stat I just seen on twitter. Not sure if it's been mentioned on here. Nat Fyfe has never finished in the top 10 for total points.
Fyfe is a must have for mine. I think out of all players in the AFL, Fyfe will flourish the most under the new 6-6-6 rules. I think the extra space will really help these bigger bodied contested beasts.

Fyfe is a must have for mine. I think out of all players in the AFL, Fyfe will flourish the most under the new 6-6-6 rules. I think the extra space will really help these bigger bodied contested beasts.

I think it depends if you’re going for league or rank. If league he is essential for H2H, and when injured (almost inevitably) you just sideways him to pretty much anyone.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is Crouch a better option? Interested? At least Libba has had a 100+ ave and you save over 100k.

Libba hasn't been relevant since 2014.
Back when it used to be the Minson down to Libba show all day.
Since then Libba has been dead most of the time, other Doggies midfielders have overtaken him, Dogs play a completely different gameplay and they have a FB and a 14 year old boy as their first two ruck choices.

Much more likely to average 80 than he is to average 100 imo.
+ He's still got Bevo moving the magnets around.

Back