State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
A draw vs NSW should be enough for us to finish in top spot, it's just hugely important we don't lose the game.

I’d prefer a win to guarantee it as who knows what we’ll get in Adelaide given it’s at a secondary ground. A draw v NSW and depending on BPs, they are less than a win behind still so not ideal

I’d prefer a win to guarantee it as who knows what we’ll get in Adelaide given it’s at a secondary ground. A draw v NSW and depending on BPs, they are less than a win behind still so not ideal
It’s SA though. Look at how they’re travelling atm.

Basket case

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

Karen Rolton is a bit of a road so expect the Redbacks to hang around until tea on day 3. Dean may even make runs on it too.

Karen Rolton is a bit of a road so expect the Redbacks to hang around until tea on day 3. Dean may even make runs on it too.
So pretty much a s**t result all around.

But it looks like this will be a loss so we will need to outscore NSW in the last round in regards to BPs and match points, great...
Ain't over till it's over mate.

Team for next game IMO:

Maddinson
Harris
Pucovski
White
Short
Gotch
Pattinson
Tremain
Siddle
Boland
Holland

Anybody, other than Short, Gotch and Pucovski, would be a good captain. Open the bowling with Patto and Trem and then bring on Sid and Boland. Holy cow that's a strong XI...

gcats070911

Debutant
Mar 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
They havent dropped Dean all this time, there is no chance they will now.

However if we keep him in, there is now way we can play Gotch at 6 and Patto at 7 which means we need to make a call on which bowler will not play in the final.
For me its out of Boland or Siddle for who misses out.

Tremain and Patto must play.

Even if we do drop Dean, which we wont, we need to play 7 bats with Gotch at 7 and only 4 bowlers in my opinion.

They havent dropped Dean all this time, there is no chance they will now.

However if we keep him in, there is now way we can play Gotch at 6 and Patto at 7 which means we need to make a call on which bowler will not play in the final.
For me its out of Boland or Siddle for who misses out.

Tremain and Patto must play.

Even if we do drop Dean, which we wont, we need to play 7 bats with Gotch at 7 and only 4 bowlers in my opinion.
Boland is 2nd on the wickets list. He's playing.

If Dean is dropped, it has to be for a batsman, no sense playing 5 bowlers now a home final is assured
You know that the rules in the final have changed? If it's a draw it goes to the team with more first innings BP.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
So Harper, Vines and White all come into the squad for Maddinson

Victorian Squad v New South Wales
Scott Boland
Travis Dean (c)
Andrew Fekete
Seb Gotch
Sam Harper
Marcus Harris
Jon Holland
James Pattinson
Will Pucovski
Matt Short
Peter Siddle
Chris Tremain
Cameron White
Eamonn Vines

I'd probably go
Dean, Harris, Puckovski, White, Harper, Short, Gotch, Pattinson, Boland, Tremain, Holland.

Siddle very unlucky

Back