Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Brown and Carlisle aren’t playing and Robbo unlikely then I think playing Clavarino wouldn’t be too big of a stretch.

Brown won't play he's injured.
Carlisle won't play because of his back.
CLAVARINO IS A MASSIVE STRETCH BECAUSE HE"S OUT FOR 4 WEEKS. CLAVARINO IS FAR MORE UNLIKELY THAN ROBBO.!!!
We have to wait and see if Roberton will play.

You can't say that an injured player is best 22 because another player MIGHT be injured that he'd need to stand in for, its just stupid.

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
CLAVARINO IS A MASSIVE STRETCH BECAUSE HE"S OUT FOR 4 WEEKS. CLAVARINO IS FAR MORE UNLIKELY THAN ROBBO.!!!

You can't say that an injured player is best 22 because another player MIGHT be injured that he'd need to stand in for, its just stupid.

What the hell are you talking about? I said Clavarino would have played round 1 if he wasn’t injured. Is that really that hard to understand?

Are Pierce, Acres, McKenzie confirmed out for round one?
Club said Acres & McKenzie will play, but they've been underdone for a while now. Pierce concussion so will need tests.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Yeah you’re right, give me two wins in meaningless practice matches over injuries to 12 of our best 22 every day.
Pretty hard to take you seriously with over-emotive posts like this. The form we bring from the practice games is surely important. We saw that last year, bad form in the JLT turned to bad form in the season. As for the injuries, obviously we have a few but you're drastically overstating it.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the mix is as close as you'd come.
To say he's best 22 is a massive stretch.
Think we’re arguing over nothing.. bit petty. If Ghost is upset and disheartened by what’s happening then that’s his call. Fact is we’ve had a terrible last two weeks with injuries and incidents. The positivity of Hanners recruitment has diminished given his injury - even though internally he still very important.

Balanced debate is good.. I see both sides as a supporter and involvement. I have to believe there is light at the tunnel, but also reality isn’t great to now. If we’re 6-0 then nobody’s loses.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

Exactly. If you had 22 ruckman and all were injured it would only be or at the most 2 out of your best 22

The Enemy Within

Cancelled
Jan 9, 2007
Enterprise NCC-1701
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently Acres & Mckenzie played for Sandy on the weekend so another game in the reserves this weekend should see them good to go for round 1
I watched 1/2 of the ressie game at Ballarat on Sunday terrible conditions rained all of 2nd half, Acres,McKenzie,Austin & Armo all played,Bailey Rice struggled big time & looks as though he has gone backwards, Young also looked as though he struggled in the conditions.I wouldn't take much notice of the end result as Sandy had a lot of Sandy listed only players playing.

I watched 1/2 of the ressie game at Ballarat on Sunday terrible conditions rained all of 2nd half, Acres,McKenzie,Austin & Armo all played,Bailey Rice struggled big time & looks as though he has gone backwards, Young also looked as though he struggled in the conditions.I wouldn't take much notice of the end result as Sandy had a lot of Sandy listed only players playing.

here's my concern... my club over here has no AFL listed players, yet they account easily for the eagles reserves, beat them in a grand final and almost took the cup from an absolutely loaded freo reserves side that had broken the WAFL's own rules

it's not good enough for sandy to hide behind the amount of AFL listed talent they have or do not have at their disposal, they should be developing their own into an elite state league side

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
here's my concern... my club over here has no AFL listed players, yet they account easily for the eagles reserves, beat them in a grand final and almost took the cup from an absolutely loaded freo reserves side that had broken the WAFL's own rules

it's not good enough for sandy to hide behind the amount of AFL listed talent they have or do not have at their disposal, they should be developing their own into an elite state league side
Until we either take them over or get our own team, nothing will change.

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Are you talking about Subi? They are an anomaly in WAFL footy. Now that they no longer reap the rewards of the Subi deal they will fast fall back to the playing field of everybody else.

Rice looked pretty good in the Intra club I thought.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

They have no money and secondly why would they if they then go and play ammos because there is no spot for them. It’s really up to us to help them if we care where they finish. To be honest they probably don’t give a stuff as long as our players are getting what we want out of it

Are you talking about Subi? They are an anomaly in WAFL footy. Now that they no longer reap the rewards of the Subi deal they will fast fall back to the playing field of everybody else.

deal ended a while back mate. didnt stop them last year! didnt lose a game all year and won all three grades.

they have more talent coming through

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
To lighten the mood as we need it. Here is a pic of one the happiest 6yo’s I think has graced the locker rooms. We’re Saints supporters, good or bad. Let’s take the ride and as VDS put it, whatever comes our way, we’ll see it through and come out the other end a better person ( well my words, but sort of what you said ).

1552448637634.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back