Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Okay. Calm down.
tenor.gif

Eric Bana was Hulk, he goes for St Kilda so if they wore a green guernsey you could say they have a connection to Hulk :flushed:
Not as part of the MCU he wasn't, good on them if they can get some $$ out of Disney for it though

I am assuming this is the name given to Marvel Comic movies? Sounds super chilidsh and nerdy to me (and I am a nerd).
Its a way to seperate which Marvel comics are part of the MCU and which marvel comics aren't. I'm no expert in this field, but I believe the X-Men, whilst created by Marvel are owned by fox or some s**t so the X-Men movies aren't part of the MCU. S

Adelaide people will know the pedestrian lights on the Parade, I was crossing there today and someone careered straight through the lights without even slowing down. If I'd been another metre or two into the crossing I would have been completely cleaned up. How this person didn't see either the red light or the people crossing is totally beyond me.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Adelaide people will know the pedestrian lights on the Parade, I was crossing there today and someone careered straight through the lights without even slowing down. If I'd been another metre or two into the crossing I would have been completely cleaned up. How this person didn't see either the red light or the people crossing is totally beyond me.
Most likely they had a class to teach

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Nearly cleaned up two people the other day in Perth. Turned right off Stock Rd onto Leach Hwy and not long after they had got off a bus and decided to cross 6 lanes of traffic (3 + 3 with an island in the middle) at about 6pm without waiting for traffic to clear. They didn't see me nor me them because of the bus. I braked hard and they looked at me like I should be on the look out for pedestrians in the middle of a busy highway.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nearly cleaned up two people the other day in Perth. Turned right off Stock Rd onto Leach Hwy and not long after they had got off a bus and decided to cross 6 lanes of traffic (3 + 3 with an island in the middle) at about 6pm without waiting for traffic to clear. They didn't see me nor me them because of the bus. I braked hard and they looked at me like I should be on the look out for pedestrians in the middle of a busy highway.
I see this more and more. Pedestrians just walking out onto the road and then when you nearly hit them it’s all your fault apparently. I really don’t get it.

Carparks are where they get inside my head.

Dawdle slowly two abreast or just walking on an angle to cross sides. It’s like they aren’t aware that it’s still a place for cars that are moving just because they’ve parked

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see this more and more. Pedestrians just walking out onto the road and then when you nearly hit them it’s all your fault apparently. I really don’t get it.

I did do this myself. Indecently according to the last few posts it was at a level crossing and the green man was on and the traffic light was red. Apparently I should just assume drivers will run red lights.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

I would have thought the Parade is pretty straightforward for a driver by SA standards. Do you mean the crossing at the book shop heading through to Coles?

SA could do with learning to zebra cross though. Lived there for 3 years and had no idea who had the right of way across slip lanes. When in doubt say the pedestrian but when I was the pedestrian I would have got run over if I assumed right of way.

I did do this myself. Indecently according to the last few posts it was at a level crossing and the green man was on and the traffic light was red. Apparently I should just assume drivers will run red lights.

indecently? Don’t think any of the posts except the original one from Gough was referring to pedestrians crossing legally

Almost been killed on a controlled crosswalk crossing myself in a similar vein to Gough. The driver just didn’t “see” the red light - only my own self awareness stopped me from maybe being a statistic

I am amused though at the number of times I cop a toot because I have the audacity to cross the road and they want to turn into that street. I always thought at crossroads that pedestrians had the right of way to turning traffic

I would have thought the Parade is pretty straightforward for a driver by SA standards. Do you mean the crossing at the book shop heading through to Coles?

SA could do with learning to zebra cross though. Lived there for 3 years and had no idea who had the right of way across slip lanes. When in doubt say the pedestrian but when I was the pedestrian I would have got run over if I assumed right of way.
That's the one. I can only assume they didn't see the red light. Another step or two and I would have been proper cleaned up.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Carparks are where they get inside my head.

Dawdle slowly two abreast or just walking on an angle to cross sides. It’s like they aren’t aware that it’s still a place for cars that are moving just because they’ve parked

Driving through the Galleria carpark some middle aged bloke (pedestrian) shoots out right in front of me without even looking (he was obscured behind a large 4wd) and I've had to brake quickly, luckily I was only plodding along at 10ish to begin with. Then this guy has the nerve to look back and give me the 'what the * are you doing?' hand gesture, like I've done something wrong. Unpleasant words were exchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back