Roast Congratulations SEN, you finally broke me.

Who would you like to see return?

• KB

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Marko and the Ox

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Finey

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Hutchy is Jabba the huts body double

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Understood, wasn't suggesting you needed to make it relevent. Just putting some balance into the new broader listener base they get. Will suggest that the Ownership of Hutchinson's company (iirc) won't help it be better to listen to because the commercial imperatives have been elevated. If I had a choice I might listen elsewhere, but it is still better than the alternative. The council example is bit a redundant becuase council doesn't really have a competitor as an alternative - SEN certainly does, so vote with your feet if want Nantes!

I hear what your saying , I lived in Brisbane in 94 and 95 and it was torture getting info . The one newsagent our of about 30 used to get about 2 copy’s of the paper , if you were late then too bad !

Having said that , 25 years later are we any better off ? we get bombarded with Sur Sanctimonious Whatley , Andy Maher ( I like hus nostalgic mutterings) and Lyons virtue signalling, and this is in between what seems to be 20 minutes of ads ( the all inspiring nick the coach , jacks whose dad is Pete , the angels of business pffttt ) , and when we get to talk about stuff it’s usually AFLW ( sorry not for me ) , Whatley trying to be a moral compass or Lyon bleating on about the greatest midfielder ever Clayton Oliver . then they shove A League down my throat , like it’s even relevant ! At least Kane Cornes is deliberately being a prick !!
Yep we can tune out , but Eddie , Neil , John Faine are the same sanctimonious pompous alternative.
Thank goodness for Tigercast Tiger Talk etc , and the Age Footy podcast is great as well.

Rant over .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hear what your saying , I lived in Brisbane in 94 and 95 and it was torture getting info . The one newsagent our of about 30 used to get about 2 copy’s of the paper , if you were late then too bad !

Having said that , 25 years later are we any better off ? we get bombarded with Sur Sanctimonious Whatley , Andy Maher ( I like hus nostalgic mutterings) and Lyons virtue signalling, and this is in between what seems to be 20 minutes of ads ( the all inspiring nick the coach , jacks whose dad is Pete , the angels of business pffttt ) , and when we get to talk about stuff it’s usually AFLW ( sorry not for me ) , Whatley trying to be a moral compass or Lyon bleating on about the greatest midfielder ever Clayton Oliver . then they shove A League down my throat , like it’s even relevant ! At least Kane Cornes is deliberately being a prick !!
Yep we can tune out , but Eddie , Neil , John Faine are the same sanctimonious pompous alternative.
Thank goodness for Tigercast Tiger Talk etc , and the Age Footy podcast is great as well.

Rant over .

In my moments of selfishness I know where you are coming from, I loath having to listen to A-League but I know there are many others that do enjoy all things round ball, so I switch over to ABC or TripleJ (log off phone actually so it is an effort). Unlike you I enjoy Whately, he has an intelligence that belies his non-football playing brain, though he was better with less of him for some reason. Perhaps a moral compass can only swing around so many times.

On your nickname, I met Bruce and spent a bit of time with him during a Legends Game (we were on opposing sides). There just is not a nicer bloke for a past footballer. Amazingly humble for how good he was, so easy to talk with and a great family man. Have often thought of using his name as a nickname - do him proud!

It was a good rant, and on certain days I'd be nodding quietly or enthusiastically on one or some of those rantees. BUT, I love the diversity of ideas - even mine sometimes:)

Last edited:
In my moments of selfishness I know where you are coming from, I loath having to listen to A-League but I know there are many others that do enjoy all things round ball, so I switch over to ABC or TripleJ (log off phone actually so it is an effort). Unlike you I enjoy Whately, he has an intelligence that belies his non-football playing brain, though he was better with less of him for some reason. Perhaps a moral compass can only swing around so many times.

On your nickname, I met Bruce and spent a bit of time with him during a Legends Game (we were on opposing sides). There just is not a nice bloke for a past footballer. Amazingly humble for how good he was, so easily to talk with and a great family man. Have often thought of using his name as a nickname - do him proud!

It was a good rant, and on certain days I'd be nodding quietly or enthusiastically on one or some of those rantees. BUT, I love the diversity of ideas - even mine sometimes:)

I agree , I met Bruce in 81 , I was about 12 when my dad was in Coterie. He was so kind and not intimidating and made quite an impression on me. I went home to Sunbury , Straight to local sports store and purchased the Number 14 for mum to sew ( iron ??) onto my long sleeve jumper ( replacing number 29 !!). Injuries cruelled what would’ve been a really good career . We talk about Cloke Raines and Wood leaving at that period but the next rung down Bruce Tempany was the leader and next big thing , his run of injuries and absence had a big impact .

Uh oh....ratings nosedive for Snatchy and SEN 1116. Most notably, the 9 -12 session that Mince Whately hosts. Better watch out Mince. You're not performing !

1552435619899.png

Uh oh....ratings nosedive for Snatchy and SEN 1116. Most notably, the 9 -12 session that Mince Whately hosts. Better watch out Mince. You're not performing !

View attachment 634204
He doesn't get the majority of his audience. His big words and boring tone turned me off ages ago.
I can't see him going anywhere though. They paid a fortune to get him

View attachment 634204
I wonder what the mix is between straight radio listeners and app listeners. I've found the app less user friendly than previously and don't tune in as much because it has become a bit more of a hassle, plus the amount AFL footy content was well down (my perception at least).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ???? !!! No ads ???!!!

Wtf ??? What about my bargains at Car City ? Or getting my skid from Kabota? Nick the business coach will be spewing too I reckon.

**** SEN. No ads. S house SEN !!
No ads? No radio for me? I couldn’t get SEN via radio or app this morning going to work.

Most of the time the ads are more entertaining than the shows.....as soon as I hear the word nomination I switch off......e.g Team of the Century for inanimate objects....who makes up this stuff. Hutchy has ruined a radio station which once had niche audience. Andy Maher is best of a bad bunch, and that is saying something about the other presenters.

I cant stand #Bobsknee anymore.

I used to like him in small doses, but he's on there so much now and now he thinks he's a musician... Stod the stupid songs mate, they're SH!T!

What about Kieron Jack and his white anglo-saxon handwringing.

Mate you're a ******* footballer not an undergraduate gender studies student!

I get that being surrounded by footballers all your life might not be the most intellectual of pursuits, but christ man, just because you're surrounded by morons doesn't me that we all are.

Back