News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's your opinion. Haven't got a problem , this bloke has a bit of upside like a lot that miss out early. s**t, i'm off topic.
I guess we are discussing the latest media story for the Swans so it's not really off topic. It's now obvious that we have concerns in the ruck & it will be our undoing yet again IMO. We can't expect Sinclair or Aliir to give us first use against the likes of Gawn, Grundy, McEvoy, Jacobs etc, etc.

I guess we are discussing the latest media story for the Swans so it's not really off topic. It's now obvious that we have concerns in the ruck & it will be our undoing yet again IMO. We can't expect Sinclair or Aliir to give us first use against the likes of Gawn, Grundy, McEvoy, Jacobs etc, etc.
We did when Goodes and Teaser went in the ruck , might put some money on AA for the Brownlow.

Didn't notice it mentioned in last couple of pages, Roos interviewing Horse tonight on Fox Footy at 8.30pm. "AFL Coaches Uncovered" or somesuch. More about their off field persona as opposed to the footy side of things so it says.

We did when Goodes and Teaser went in the ruck , might put some money on AA for the Brownlow.

If not the Brownlow, can you bet on players making the All Australian team? Will have to check. Can see Aliir being good and a whole lot more skilful around stoppages as opposed to some big lumbering dinosaur who contributes very little around the ground. My mantra for the year: AA4AA.

Edit: Also to be known as, The Year ... of Aliir!!

If not the Brownlow, can you bet on players making the All Australian team? Will have to check. Can see Aliir being good and a whole lot more skilful around stoppages as opposed to some big lumbering dinosaur who contributes very little around the ground. My mantra for the year: AA4AA.

Edit: Also to be known as, The Year ... of Aliir!!

If Aliir is switched around a lot you can rule out an All Australian selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A "single year tank" is wiping out a whole season for a ticket to the lottery. Pick 4 might be the next Matthew Pavlich (Pick 4 1999) or Richard Tambling (Pick 4 2004) or even Mark Kinnear (Pick 4 1996)...

Even if the pick is well made, there are so many factors that can stop a high quality draftee going on to have a successful career that are out of anyone's control, I don't see how a responsible team could intentionally go down this path. Did Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast intentionally tank those seasons to drop down the ladder? Or were there other factors that saw them drop down despite their best intentions?
I don't think Robiando was talking deliberate tanking at all. He was talking poor form. Every team eventually has a poor season. There are many contributing factors that affect a year like that. Retiring of a group of star players, coach and players not on szmr wavelength, coach out of touch, players in dispute with the club, game plan old and tired.

A club may not have the players who are mature enough at AFL level at the time. Might not have the personnel to vie for good positioning. These are the scenarios I took Robiando to be talking of.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never got that comment from Garrett. Why would we be surprised our former Vice captain be admitted to the leadership group? Isn't his leadership the primary reason they wanted him?
Indeed. Damp the Doubtful has done it again. I am always skeptical when this bloke says anything. He seems to be a member of the rumour mill. His rumour Ross The Boss was out of Freo is another example.

Damo, this is for you. Please front up and be a journalist who adheres to journalistic ethic not a News of the World muckraker. If you are really to be taken seriously lose the whisper mentality.

Steady on there Ted. There was no guarantee Maibaum was even going to be playing senior footy this year. There's still a crowded back-line brigade with Aliir, Melican, Grundy, Sir Dane and Thurlow all back there. And as I said, young Durak Tucker could also be ready for the second half of the season, while Toby Pink gave a pretty decent showing in defence the other night. If we can't find a way around a yet-to-debut-21-year-old's absence without sacrificing an important part of our midfield, our entire coaching staff should get the sack on the spot.
Toby Pink gave a decent showing because the club knew this bloke was gone. Maibaum was on track and I have no doubt he would have played games this year to give Reg a rest. Toby could be good but has little or no experience in the backs. Whereas Jack has been playing back for most of his playing life.

Typical writing off of the team's chances. Interesting to again look at the ins and outs from last year. Expect I am biased but I do not see how our list has gone backwards.

Much has been made of the 30+ age group and our supposed reliance on them. However of the vets, only Buddy and to a lesser extent JPK are crucial to our success this year.

I personally like the "no obvious successor" reference for Heath Grundy. Better tell Melican not to bother
My personal favourite

So who will be the big slider?
Two of the powerhouses of the past decade are the teams nominated to drop away this season: Hawthorn and Sydney. Time may finally catch up with the ageing Swans and the loss of Tom Mitchell could be a telling blow for the Hawks. There is only one pundit prepared to back in each club for September. Then again, both clubs have been written off before in recent times and defied the critics.

Hmmmm, aren't we one of the younger teams in the comp????

My personal favourite

So who will be the big slider?
Two of the powerhouses of the past decade are the teams nominated to drop away this season: Hawthorn and Sydney. Time may finally catch up with the ageing Swans and the loss of Tom Mitchell could be a telling blow for the Hawks. There is only one pundit prepared to back in each club for September. Then again, both clubs have been written off before in recent times and defied the critics.

Hmmmm, aren't we one of the younger teams in the comp????

According to an article in late 2018 we were the 10th youngest. However that would include Tippett and not McLean.

A quick calc (rough) would have us around 4th youngest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back