Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC is eyeing former NAB AFL Academy member Sam Fletcher to boost their midfield, they can draft up to 3 players but will only take one. Surely Mitch Grigg would be a better pick than Fletcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Why do you think people still joke about it 20 years later.
Of course people are going to take the piss, he knew they would from the outset.

He got 100k for it 20 years ago. 80 to the club which was in huge debt and 20 himself. Tainted career is way over the top, it’s not like he shagged a team mates missus or became a meth addict.

Not nerds but Kids, and it the Kids that are more free with there money and easily swayed.

Very true - maybe this whole Marvel jumper crap is just a ploy to sell more jumpers? I don't know why else they would engage in such a cheesy cornball gimmick

Maybe if they had Misfits or Darkthrone inspired jumpers, that's something the kids could get behind

Of course people are going to take the piss, he knew they would from the outset.

He got 100k for it 20 years ago. 80 to the club which was in huge debt and 20 himself. Tainted career is way over the top, it’s not like he shagged a team mates missus or became a meth addict.
I look at it from the view of whether one of our players had have done it. Imagine one of our 250+ game premiership players/club legends had lined up in a game for premiership points named 'Froot Loops' or something similar. It's more than something that's just a bit cringeworthy. It detracts from their overall career.

GC is eyeing former NAB AFL Academy member Sam Fletcher to boost their midfield, they can draft up to 3 players but will only take one. Surely Mitch Grigg would be a better pick than Fletcher.
Fletcher is a one trick pony being an inside mid ball magnet but he's a bloody good one at that role, quite good overhead as well, stiff to not at least get a rookie spot with his proven ball winning ability. I think Dew is looking to the future not the short term so I can understand him going for youth. AFL clubs seem to think the Grigg boat has sailed or someone would have give him a gig by now.

Fletcher is a one trick pony being an inside mid ball magnet but he's a bloody good one at that role, quite good overhead as well, stiff to not at least get a rookie spot with his proven ball winning ability. I think Dew is looking to the future not the short term so I can understand him going for youth. AFL clubs seem to think the Grigg boat has sailed or someone would have give him a gig by now.

When they have 3 spots available, it's a free hit, even if he plays NEAFL he would improve the club with selection pressure forcing young players to earn their spot.

I look at it from the view of whether one of our players had have done it. Imagine one of our 250+ game premiership players/club legends had lined up in a game for premiership points named 'Froot Loops' or something similar. It's more than something that's just a bit cringeworthy. It detracts from their overall career.
If the club was on the bones of its arse, and it helped, I imagine they would be seen as a bit more of a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back