Oppo Camp How do you feel about Daisy now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been following Collingwood since the mid 60’s.
It’s always as bad as I think!

Some people are miserable sods,
Some people are Pollyannas.

And all the rest fit somewhere between on the bell curve.

Given the 1st GF in 2010 was a draw, without Thomas our last flag would probably still be 1990. Enough said. His contribution to Collingwood was immense albeit for a short period. More impactful than long serving players. I'm sure the players have no issue with him only the supporters and maybe Buckley as someone previously stated. I suspect he can live with that.

Your calibration was obviously done by yourself.
I have no partner in crime, as there is no crime when pointing out damning statistics.
20 years. One Premiership. At the second chance!

Hey Partner in Crime, given I've been called out by that clever fellow, would you be so kind to continue providing balance to the discussion.

1/20. Hmm! Can't think of too many professional endeavours/pursuits out there where that would be viewed as an acceptable outcome. KPI's. Clearly the Pies is the exception to the rule.

Hey Partner in Crime, given I've been called out by that clever fellow, would you be so kind to continue providing balance to the discussion.

1/20. Hmm! Can't think of too many professional endeavours/pursuits out there where that would be viewed as an acceptable outcome. KPI's. Clearly the Pies is the exception to the rule.
Unfortunately balance is what's missing from posters like yourself & B_W

You're so caught up in the negative mindset that it clouds your future enjoyment of following the team.

As I said to B_W, cheer up and enjoy the ride :rainbow::rainbow:

I doubt anybody thinks it’s acceptable. What would you like us to do?

His smirk is what does it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He always looks angry and constipated when playing us.
That goal he kicked a couple of years ago when they beat us and he acted like he'd stuck it right up us, feckin douche only took him about 3 years to do anything against us.

I doubt anybody thinks it’s acceptable. What would you like us to do?
Accept that there have been mistakes by the off field leadership, that have cost us success in the past.
Stop defending everything Ed does as if he was the messiah.
Because those mistakes are a hallmark of Collingwood over the past 50 years. And we continue to repeat our history due to the membership being more concerned with free beer than holding the leadership to account.
I'm accused of being one sided in my viewpoint, I can easily accuse others of being too far the other way. Rose colored glasses for quite a few here.

"....." - no doubt true but this is an emotional view when assessing the performance of highly paid coaches in a fiercely competitive environment. I readily admit last year's finish surprised me and full credit to Bucks / other coaches / players / Maxy / football dept etc etc for going within an ace of a flag. I'm confident we'll do well this year.

Prior to the "review" the club's on field performance was not what we hoped for. Head coaches (rightly or wrongly) cop the blow torch - that goes with the gig.

Favourite sons who have "bled and given their all" are not immune from scrutiny / sacking - ask Kevin Bartlett, Bill Goggin, Wayne Schimmelbusch, Alex Jesaulenko, Tony Shaw, Peter Schwab, Michael Voss, Matthew Primus etc etc

Credit to Bucks for last year's turnaround - however coaches must and will be assessed on team performance - not only loyalty and love

EFA
Rational analysis

Happy for him he got another year, looking good so far. Still the occasional glimpse of what a star he was for such a brief time.

Happy for him he got another year, looking good so far. Still the occasional glimpse of what a star he was for such a brief time.
Injuries aside he was always going to struggle past his mid 20s IMO.

He played a fast paced game but he wasn't overly quick, the pace he did have as a younger man was always going to desert him as he aged until you see what you see now, pretty much a hard nosed journey man without a set position.

He was never a good kick, capable field at best, case in point our 12 goal last qtr against the Crows in 2011, set shot he had to go the barrel from 53 mtrs out.

At his best he was a hard nosed kid who had a spark, which Carlton paid 700kpa for :)

Sad watching Daisy last night. He gets a lot of kicks still but he doesn't destroy opposition sides like he once did when he played for us. His ankle injury took away his lightening pace and long kicks and effectively reduced him into playing minor roles as a mopping up defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back