Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
sold a lot of papers but
Dunno, you guys seem to want to back Bolt because you agree with his far right wing idealogy or you like his articles, or you think Western Civilization is better than all else.You call me a fascist? I don't even know what that is.Perhaps your idealogy is making you back the wrong horse. Leaving aside all your culture war, pro-catholic stuff sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.Bolt is 1)An indisputable convicted racist and 2) Spreading propaganda to protect high ranking convicted child abusers. If you think he should still be a member, then that maybe says something about you.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Dunno, you guys seem to want to back Bolt because you agree with his far right wing idealogy or you like his articles, or you think Western Civilization is better than all else.You call me a fascist? I don't even know what that is.Perhaps your idealogy is making you back the wrong horse. Leaving aside all your culture war, pro-catholic stuff sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.Bolt is 1)An indisputable convicted racist and 2) Spreading propaganda to protect high ranking convicted child abusers. If you think he should still be a member, then that maybe says something about you.
Get rid of AB...

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Don't have much time for Bolt but I will defend his right to express a private opinion. People are using the word fascist because what you're espousing is restriction on free speech and penalising thoughts/opinions. I am not pro-Catholic, in fact I would call myself agnostic. I am disgusted at the behaviour of Pell and the Catholic Church for the abuse of children and then cover-up. I cannot believe people still attend Catholic Church, to be honest. However, that is a deeply private decision and really none of my business.

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Giants, NY Mets
Which court transcripts? If you are referring to the racism conviction ,I've read through the case and regard Bolt as detestable.Why are you defending this guy now he is trying to protect paedophiles? Am I missing something here?
You want somebody banned because you don't like their opinion. When's the book burning?

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Which court transcripts? If you are referring to the racism conviction ,I've read through the case and regard Bolt as detestable.Why are you defending this guy now he is trying to protect paedophiles? Am I missing something here?
I know all about his conviction. It was an absolute joke and his articles were spot on.

Dunger

Premiership Player
Nov 28, 2008
-37.822165, 144.988143
AFL Club
Richmond
The club should have cctv in all members homes and award demerit points for any impure thoughts that don't agree with dear leader peggy.

First infraction is a beer restriction at a home game.

Second is banned from a game.

Third is banished to scumbagwood.

Or we can have a diverse mix of people from all walks of life with their own views, some we may like and some we may not, either way we all love the tiges.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
The club should have cctv in all members homes and award demerit points for any impure thoughts that don't agree with dear leader peggy.

Or we can have a diverse mix of people from all walks of life with their own views, some we may like and some we may not, either way we all love the tiges.
I heard in North Korea everyone must have a portrait of the Supreme Leader in their loungeroom. They have police doing random spot checks and if you are found not to have a portrait you are thrown in jail.

Peggy should enforce this for Richmond members. All members should have a portrait of Jack Dyer in the lounge room. Failure to do so would result in a term of 5 years hard labour.

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
I heard in North Korea everyone must have a portrait of the Supreme Leader in their loungeroom. They have police doing random spot checks and if you are found not to have a portrait you are thrown in jail.

Peggy should enforce this for Richmond members. All members should have a portrait of Jack Dyer in the lounge room. Failure to do so would result in a term of 5 years hard labour.
now that's a totalitarian dictatorship i can get behind :)

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Diversity of views?? You've blown my mind dude!

parmy2balmey

stay moderated
Sep 15, 2016
under the bain marie
AFL Club
Richmond
1552467434037.jpeg

Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

On 28 September 2011, Justice Mordecai Bromberg found Bolt to have contravened section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.[38][39]

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/andrew-bolt-george-pell/

Convicted racist Andrew Bolt has taken to his blog to state that, in his opinion, Cardinal George Pell is innocent of the five child sex offences of which he has been convicted

An IQ test has never been a prerequisite for holding an AFL club membership. If it were, there'd be no cheersquads.

Bolt might be an outrageous campaigner of a person, but that should not preclude him from purchasing a membership. It is enough of a reason for him to never have the sort of role that Pell did though.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
I cannot believe people still attend Catholic Church, to be honest. However, that is a deeply private decision and really none of my business.

nah * em, catholic church is a s**t show. hopefully once the older generations die out we can stop giving them money or a platform and phase out religion until only the wackjobs are left

He's not a representative but everyone knows he is a Richmond member and he is a high profile "jounalist". I'd like to know where you would draw the line.He ridiculed Adam Goodes and suggested that he should apologise for calling out a racist slur at the football because the girl was 16. Everyone knows he's a racist, he's been convicted of it what more do you want?

There are guys posting on here if I remember correctly who got done for assault when they were young and stupid. Probably a few who've driven drunk or ripped off the tax man. If we are going to strip memberships for yelling out names then actual physical assault ought to be ban worthy don't you think?

How far back do we take this by the way, because it would be bye bye Neil Balme wouldn't it. And unlike Bolt, Balme has an actual position at the club.

Unless you are saying racist comments in the media are worse than physical violence??

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Getting back to Pell, I'm much more confident with the verdict after hearing about the Torquay surf club incident- an adult witness to Pell acting dodgy around boys in the change rooms. Too much smoke..

The appeals court will be privy to all the other accusations/stories against Pell I guess? The ones the jury would not have heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back